Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll certainly be wearing Red. I planned to anyway, actually.

ScreenHunter_4.jpg

The box jellyfish schedule for December. They show up 10 days after a full moon.:madspit:

I just bought the wife an INSPI(RED) T-shirt last night and let the GAP clerk know why.
WOOHOO!!!
This is going to be a blast.

Mark

Does anyone have info on the Luau at the local water park? If I'm not mistaken, there should be a U2 cover band plus Luau festivities. Anyone have additional info on this?

Hey guys,
Has anyone heard of any problems with fake/counterfeit tix for any of the shows?
Im ecstatic cuz my husband surprised me with tickets for Hawaii last week for my bday, he got them from a guy on craigslist. But my paranoid side is scared that we will get there and there will be some kind of problem. Is there any way to tell? I mean the guy even sent the tickets still attached to the ticket thing with his name and addy on it.
Should i not be worried? I just never buy from cl so paranoia is setting in!!!

Thank kelly! Oh trust me we are goin!!! We got it all booked! I still cant believe it that we are going!!! :hyper::hyper:

Did anyone else buy from cl? Any more info on these blue fibers?
thanks..

Glad to hear that you are going, U2SJ! - I think it would be definitely worth your while to verify with TM that your tickets are legit. Back in the Elevation days I bought two tickets from an asshole on CraigList. I met this guy for the ticket/$$$ transaction and got what I thought were legit tickets. They even had the attached ticket thingy/receipt that you mentioned. The tickets got me into the Oakland Colesium but other people were in my seats!!! Their original tickets never showed up in the mail and their tickets had "original tickets stolen" printed on the back. I was holding the original tickets. An usher told me that this happens to about 100 people per show. There are dishonest people working at TM who don't send tickets to the proper address but to an address of someone who turns around and puts them on Craiglist or elsewhere. I almost got kicked out of the colesium. My tears and heart felt shock saved my ass that day and I stayed for the show. I've been to 16 U2 shows and that one stays in mind the most as I almost didn't get to enjoy it.

omg. thats awful hotpepper. Yep, Im nervous. I called TM and they tell me that there is no way to tell even if i bring them in to an office? Im so confused!!

U2SJ said:
Thank kelly! Oh trust me we are goin!!! We got it all booked! I still cant believe it that we are going!!! :hyper::hyper:

Did anyone else buy from cl? Any more info on these blue fibers?
thanks..

I think that if you make a small tear in the ticket (on an unimportant part of the ticket of course), you should be able to see tiny blue fibers in the paper. That wouldn't help if they were stolen though :reject:.

I guess if ticketmaster says they can't tell, there's really no way of telling for sure before you get there (just what you wanted to hear, I'm sure :reject: ).

...out of curiosity...has any one out there gotten any info on how we get our tickets which were purchased from ETS...yes...I know Ovation is now taking care of this...Chris Brubaker is the contact...but has anyone heard anything recently. I sent them an email on 10/30...and no response as of today 11/3.

I can't believe a year ago today I was in Vegas for one wild and crazy weekend including TWO U2 shows, one inside the elipse, and now I'm packing getting ready for U2 in Hawaii! Life is good :drool:

Carek1230 said:
I can't believe a year ago today I was in Vegas for one wild and crazy weekend including TWO U2 shows, one inside the elipse, and now I'm packing getting ready for U2 in Hawaii! Life is good :drool:

Packing already?! :lol:

Spur of the moment, we have to pack everything move into a new apartment before next weekend :huh: If things like this keep popping up, I won't even have time to get excited for this show!

BTW, I'll probably be wearing this shirt, b/c I don't own anything red or (RED), but this is what we look like for those who will be looking out for each other:
http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/ChicagoI/photos/photo1.jpg

I've not packed my suitcase, but I have the suitcase ready and I have decided what to bring and pack. I have some stuff already ironed, folded and ready to pack.

I don't envy you guys having to pack up and move.....but take it easy and do what you have to do. You will get excited about Hawaii :wink:

Carek1230 said:

I was at both Vegas shows last year as well. Wow, a year has flown by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom