Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:

:applaud: I am so happy for you two and the Hawaiian Honeymoon you've been hoping for! Hope it's AWESOME for you guys, but how bad could a couple days in paradise AND a U2 show be???!!!!!

ALOHA! :wink:

:yes:

And if for some reason it sucks, I still have an Ikea roadtrip to look forward to....

My only hesitation is since this is our honeymoon, we probably won't be doing much of the fan meet-and-greets and whatnot, since we could only afford a few days there and there's probably YEARS worth of things to see and do in Hawaii. So don't think we're antisocial or anything!

I am gonna get to Hawaii a few days early. Two reasons... 1) to make sure I am there in plenty of time in case something goes wacko... 2) if ur gonna travel 6,000 miles, it has to be for more than U2 haha, so I'll enjoy myself in paradise

SMB

skjuls said:

Hey girl! We haven't heard from you in awhile!

Are you flying out of Lexington?

I got a free flight on AA!!!

hey jules! :hug:

yep, and flight connects through Houston. The return flight is a total nightmare :yikes:

i can't wait, though :hyper:

kellyahern said:

Red eye? It seems the only flights back I could find were red eyes :lol:.

:hmm: A red eye return from Honolulu to the mainland . . . kind of like "Snakes on a Plane" :ohmy: :giggle:

:lol:

yes, red eye. leave at 10:45 on the 11th. Fly to New Jersey, then home. I don't get in till 3:45 pm. :|

ruffian said:

yes, red eye. leave at 10:45 on the 11th. Fly to New Jersey, then home. I don't get in till 3:45 pm. :|

:wink: I'm on the Continental redeye to LA at 10:35pm on the 11th and then to Dallas..I get to Dallas about the same time as you.:|

kellyahern said:

Red eye? It seems the only flights back I could find were red eyes :lol:.

:hmm: A red eye return from Honolulu to the mainland . . . kind of like "Snakes on a Plane" :ohmy: :giggle:

Ack! Don't even be mentioning Snakes on a Plane, the thought of that just freaks me out! :scream:

ruffian said:

Well you are flying Continental! But that is absurd!

I'm lucky that I get to fly out of Washington Reagan instead of Dulles or BWI! It'll be so much easier since the airport is like 8 miles away from me!!

kellyahern said:
Reagan airport if my favorite airport. It's really nice :yes:.

In the newer part, the older part is scary!! LOL!!!

I still like Louisville aka SDF because I get help from TSA (they're supposed to help at every airport but some don't) when I travel with my son. Also, they have a handicapped and children line for security.

I guess it also helps that my dad works there! LOL!!

ramblin rose said:

:wink: I'm on the Continental redeye to LA at 10:35pm on the 11th and then to Dallas..I get to Dallas about the same time as you.:|

at least we can go to the airport together :happy:

Ha! I think there will be bunch of us milling about Honolulu airport the night of the 10th, think I might be on Allegra's flight to LAX, I'm on AA leaving HNL at 11:25pm, connect in LAX, don't get back to NYC until 3:55pm. :yawn:

Pop Artist said:
Ha! I think there will be bunch of us milling about Honolulu airport the night of the 10th, think I might be on Allegra's flight to LAX, I'm on AA leaving HNL at 11:25pm, connect in LAX, don't get back to NYC until 3:55pm. :yawn:

Actually, I'm flying in on the 7th and leaving on the 11th. But it is the same flight though, just that I'm leaving 24 hours later than you :wink:

trevster2k said:
My thinking is as long as you are there in the morning, you should get a decent spot near the front. Some people are thinking about camping out, me, I think that is overkill. Plus this is Hawaii, the locals are laid back. Early morning should be good enough unless you want to be guaranteed a rail spot. If you show up in the afternoon or later, you probably will end up in the second section of GA which is much farther away.

Thanks for the advice - from another Canadian!! It will be nice to get away from the snow and cold weather in Hawaii(we've already had snow here for the past couple of weeks - YUCK!):huh:

rosephile said:
Even with the extra credit card interest, I'm wishing I'd booked my flights a month ago. Gritting my teeth at the prices now...they're up about $100, $150 for the times I want. Noes...

Oh, and we're at (resortquest) Waikiki Beach, anyone else there?

hey, I was wondering if there was going to be any interferencers there... my girlfriend and I are staying there.... the RQ Waikiki Beach, not the Tower. We were going to go Outrigger on the Beach, but it's going to be under construction and is the official hotel of the Hawaii Marathon, figured it'd be a Zoo. Well, the whole Waikiki strip is probably going to be a Zoo, but we didn't want to risk dealing with the hotel construction and the RQ Beach is supposedly recently remodeled and not too bad.

And if I had to do it over again, I would have booked the hotel a couple months ago and then booked the flight this week. Our flight is about $200 less per ticket now vs. when we booked our package.

Allegra said:
Hey Ruffian! Long time no see girl! Can't wait to see you out in Hawaii!

I'm flying AA with a stop in LAX both ways. I too will be doing the midnight run on Monday, but I'll get home a little bit faster. I should be back in Dallas by 1pm. :D

:wave: good to see you!

u2wedge said:

hey, I was wondering if there was going to be any interferencers there... my girlfriend and I are staying there.... the RQ Waikiki Beach, not the Tower. We were going to go Outrigger on the Beach, but it's going to be under construction and is the official hotel of the Hawaii Marathon, figured it'd be a Zoo. Well, the whole Waikiki strip is probably going to be a Zoo, but we didn't want to risk dealing with the hotel construction and the RQ Beach is supposedly recently remodeled and not too bad.

And if I had to do it over again, I would have booked the hotel a couple months ago and then booked the flight this week. Our flight is about $200 less per ticket now vs. when we booked our package.

There are 2 Outriggers on the Beach. Outrigger Reef is under construction, not Outrigger Waikiki.

Everyone will be at the Outrigger Waikiki because that's where Duke's is!

Don't forget to sign up for Sunday's Luau!!!

Follow the directions very carefully!

Okay folks, here is the plan:

Germaine's luau, Sunday December 10.

Everyone has to make their own reservation (and payment) online at: http://www.germainesluau.com/reservations.htm

When you fill out that reservation form, make sure you mention our group name in the 'message box'. The group name will be "U2 Fans United" . You can write for example: I/we belong to the group "U2 Fans United" (this is very important, if you want to be in the same bus and on the same table!).

After you have made your online reservation, add your name to the list here in this thread. Just post here and say your name(s).
[That's from the Zootopian Hawaii board.]

u2wedge said:

Hey, u2wedge, if your name is referring to Star Wars, we must hang out (or at least say "hi" at the hotel). :D

STILL haven't booked air yet...one of my two friends seems like she's having second thoughts, but won't tell me anything. We can't wait much longer--I think we're going to buy them in the next couple days, just for us two. *shakes fist at non-communicative friend*

I have a question for you guys. Have any of you ordered any merch from one.org? I ordered a 10-pack of wristbands and never got them. :(

:applaud: We're all paid and reserved for the luau! Thanks to Allegra for getting the word out! We're catching the bus at the Sheraton 4:30. The reservationist at Germaine's was sooooooooo nice! This is going to be a magical event! Thanks to all who were involved in making the arrangements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom