Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dmalezi & Rosephile

We too are coming in on Thursday late, it looks like Thursday is not the problem though, Expedia was still showing rooms for Thursday night. It's Saturday that is the real issue, so they are trying to move anyone who is reserved for that entire weekend.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that since we booked so early and are already paid, it's gonna work out. Like I said earlier, they are telling me I am "currently" confirmed, but they can't assure me that they won't have to relocate me. I'm fine with relocating as long as it's still on Oahu. We are leaving Oahu for the Big Island on Sunday for the bulk of our vacation, so really we just need somewhere to sleep for 3 nights.

Let's all just keep our fingers crossed that since we booked early we will be taken care of. I have never had a problem with Expedia in the past, they are usually very good about taking care of their customers.

redhotswami said:
Just got confirmation for our Condo in Waikiki :D This is going to be a much deserved holiday.

:applaud: Good job Mia. Yes you deserve this. I am still in awe, you found something that fast. Nice work:up:

Sheesh, I may have to bring two cameras to take all my pictures with U2 fans.

leeannml said:
Called the hotel, they confirmed that I "currently" have a reservation, but refused to tell me that I would DEFINITELY not be relocated. The woman I spoke with in reservations was nice, but said at this time, they are severely overbooked for Saturday and she could not guarantee that we would not be asked to move.

I reiterated that I had paid in full 5 months ago and that we could not move because of the concert. She said she would note all of that and we would be considered a "priority" for not being booted. Whatever that means!! She is going to call me back on Dec. 1st to let me know for sure if my reservation is secure.

I have no idea what to do other than wait and hope, I checked and there is absolutely nothing else available.

U2wedge, what did they tell you? Who did you talk to? I got Candace who was supposedly the reservations manager.

not sure who I talked to, but I called three times and got three different people and got the same answer. Is your reservation for the weekend only?

We're flying in on Wednesday and I'm hoping that if they can hook us up with a room mid week that it will be a non issue toward the weekend. I mean, they can't just ask us to pack and move once we're in our room, right?

My travel agent called me back and only wanted to know if I was attending the U2 concert or the marathon and said that if I was staying there for either of those events that I was good to go. As opposed to a business trip which might make relocation an option.

So, we'll see... I still don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about any of it, but with three different people confirming my reservation, I have to take that at face value.

Last edited:
and on another note... there are a TON of scalper tickets on eBay and GA's are still available 72 hours after they've recently appeared on TM... makes me wonder if this will be a 'special' show with a semi full stadium or not. There are a lot of eBayers stuck with tickets and Stubhub is full too... it will be interesting to see what happens.

Hmm, I wonder if it might help to say you're coming to run the marathon--I mean, they might be like, "well you can fly in for the concert" but they wouldn't expect someone to fly in for running, right? :/

Ohh, I'm going to call my friend (hotel-rez-holder) tomorrow and bug him to call the hotel. My tendancy is to just assume it to work out, but...maybe it wouldn't hurt to double-check, esp. after getting one of those e-mails?

Thanks for the update U2wedge, we are coming in on Thursday and I was thinking the same thing, surely they aren't going to come knocking on our door on Saturday and say "See Ya!". I looked online and they are actually still showing rooms available for Thursday.

My only concern is that we booked through Expedia and that may be hurting us. As of right now, all is cool though, so I'm uneasy but not gonna let it get me down. The reservation's lady was very nice and she also made a note of the fact that we could not be relocated.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the States! 16 more days!!

u2wedge said:
and on another note... there are a TON of scalper tickets on eBay and GA's are still available 72 hours after they've recently appeared on TM... makes me wonder if this will be a 'special' show with a semi full stadium or not. There are a lot of eBayers stuck with tickets and Stubhub is full too... it will be interesting to see what happens.
It's not just scalpers. I snagged a second GA for my mom during the drop, but now I can't sell her seat. I have it listed with Buy It Now for face value, but it's still not selling. It's one of the expensive seats too. I'm not happy. :|

^I feel the same way. I guess silence is better than hearing from them! I feel bad for all of those getting notification, if it were me I'd be going ballistic, especially after having had to cancel April and waiting soooo long for this, and for having paid in advance!! I wish us all luck! ALOHA!

^Call your hotel to confirm your reservation. It's what I did after reading all these notices people were getting and I felt soooooooooooo much better after calling. We were told nothing to worry about at Outrigger Waikiki but the desk did say it's going to be a VERY busy congested weekend in Honolulu that weekend!:wink:

Anyone in need of GAs, a friend of mine can't go and he is looking to sell his 2 GA tickets. Tell Sam I referred you (Karen)
ALOHA!

----- Original Message -----
To: <u2fantickets@yahoogroups.com>; <u2rewired@yahoogroups.com>; "New England U2" <NewEnglandU2Fans@yahoogroups.com>; "u2" <u2la@yahoogroups.com>; "U2NYC" <u2nyc@yahoogroups.com>; "U2_GTA" <u2_gta@yahoogroups.com>; <wire-u2@yahoogroups.com>; "exit exit" <exit-us@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:27 PM
Subject: [u2la] hawaii ga's 4 sale

> i can't go.. :(
>
> 2 GA's
>
> anyone want these
>
> face plus shipping
>
> sam b
> uturi2001@yahoo.ca
>

I have to confess I haven’t read all the Hawaii threads yet. I just decided that I was going on Thursday; I have lots of catching up to do.

I wanted to know if there is anyone flying on Delta out of Atlanta at 10:15 and arriving in Honolulu at 3:27 pm on Dec 8?????

I’m a bit nervous about making this flight all by my lonesome, it'd be comforting to know if there will be other interferencers on the plane. If anyone knows of anyone who might be on this flight, please email me pattip2000 @ hotmail.com thanks :wave:

I can’t wait to see everyone. Oh ya, I’m a little excited about that concert that’s going to be there :wink:

Hey Patti! Sucks you have to fly solo :hug: but...lol maybe after spending a few hours w/ K & I at the airport you might need a break while you digest spending the weekend with us :wink:

I flew solo to Ireland this summer. I was scared shitless b/c it was my first time flying out of the continent, and I was all alone. But, I had warm hopes of catching a glimpse of Bono to help me through. Turns out he was in a different country all friggin summer, but the thoughts still helped!! Let those thoughts carry you :)

Oh, and it just so happened that a really nice gentleman sat next to me. :lol: I felt bad for bothering him, and only got up to pee when he did. And he told me "you don't have to wait til I go to go, I don't mind" in his sultry irish accent. And we swapped foods since I got carrots in my meal and I told them that carrots make me die.

I guess what I'm saying is you have an adventure ahead of ya! You'll be alright, and maybe a nice guy will sit next to you who will gladly eat the food that could kill you and spare your life.

Hmm...I need less wine, more sleep...BTW it is 1:01am now. I always refer to that as Cyclops time, because I think 101 looks like a cyclops on a digital clock.

redhotswami said:
Hey Patti! Sucks you have to fly solo =

It sucks no more, I just got off the phone and I'm on your flight. now you are the ones who might get sick of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom