Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?!) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
southpaw_gil said:

This does sound promising but I don't want to get let down again. I read this thread several times a day for updates on the 2nd show. All this teasing is driving me crazy! Plus the April 7th rumored date really caught me off guard. We were always under the assumption the date would be the 9th if another show was added. We, like a lot of other folks, are flying in on Friday night and would miss the show. I guess I could reschedule the incoming flight but that will cost me.

i concur on all points!

even though I check this thread anytime there is a reply... I am not expecting anything until I see an official announcement... hopefully it will be this coming week as the hawaiian news claimed the night of the grammys... but prolly not :(

Interesting find, Miri....

The contest entails this (sign up on ETS website)

Prize package includes:
2 General Admission field tickets for U2 In Hawaii on April 8, 2006
2 transportation and dinner tickets for the amazing ETS U2 LUAU on Friday April 7th.
2 admission to the Saturday April 8 U2 fan convergence event in Waikiki
2 transportation passes aboard the ETS Aloha Concert Shuttle from Waikiki Beach

ETS advertises a $49.95 package which is the April 7th lua celebration somewhere in Waikiki. All this includes is food, prize give aways, and shuttle where applicable (whatever that means).

ETS also advertises a $39.95 for a U2 Party Night Out which includes food, shuttle to arena from secret location somewhere in Honolulu.

Verrrrrrrrrrry Interesting................

That convergence thing is ETS's usual pre-party show before most of their concert events. The Luau is an extra ETS event with the U2 cover band, usually the cover band plays at the pre-party. But Saturday, most of us will be in line before the show.:wink:

meh, it's not going to be the same as an authentic Hawaiian luau and I am not going to go all the way to Hawaii to hear a U2 tribute band, I want the REAL thing (and two shows pretty puleeeze!!!)

But thanks for the info, Miri! :wink:

ok, now Miri AND Carek stole my dancing girl gif :mad: :madspit: :madwife:

hissy1.gif

getawtf.gif

:wink:

this is the latest rumors we got:

Carek1230 said:
OK. So on the topic of 2nd show. This is what I know. This from a friend who knows Dennis Sheehan. Don't make me give up the source, for I won't. But this is the latest:

"All my U2 buddies are going bananas over whether or not there will be a second show added in Honolulu for April 9th. Are you able to confirm or deny this
rumor? "

This was his reply:

"You'll have to wait and see
But it's a long way to go for one show isn't it? "

maybe someone in Mexico will be able to ask someone high up!

From the Star morning show

Hudson: "U2, Original of the Species... so Scotty, didn't you say today was the day?"

Scotty: "No I didn't"

Hudson: "Thought you did"

Scotty: "No, I said that the rumor is that this week is when we hear if there is going to be a second show added or not"

Hudson "ooooh"

:shrug:

yes ... i have hear now the same in streming !

I'm italian and i'm hearing every day the official radio

No announcement over the Pro Bowl weekend diminishes the chances greatly that there will be another show. Lots of people from the West Coast who make several trips to Hawaii a year were here for this event. If there was going to be a second show, it seems like they would have timed an announcement to get the word out to this market and given them a chance to plan their next trip.

Airfare to Hawaii is going to get harder to book and more expensive as the seats fill up for Spring Break.

Kevin D
Blue, Section CC Row 31 Seats 1 & 2

One more week and the roller coaster ride will be over.

Personally, a surprise free concert on a beautiful Hawaiian backdrop setting on sunday (palm sunday) would be awesome.
Didn't Jimmy Hendricks do something on Rainbow Bridge on Maui?

It's okay, Miri! The chances of winning were probably pretty low, but it's worth it to enter, just in case! :) I'll keep looking around for other ways to get myself to Hawaii!

Miroslava said:
From the Star morning show

Hudson: "U2, Original of the Species... so Scotty, didn't you say today was the day?"

Scotty: "No I didn't"

Hudson: "Thought you did"

Scotty: "No, I said that the rumor is that this week is when we hear if there is going to be a second show added or not"

Hudson "ooooh"

:sigh:

Don't know what else to say about it anymore.

Just read on u2log that there are more than 200 people queueing at the gates of the stadium in Mexico City for the Feb 15th concert.

:ohmy:

Talking about lining up early!

Are people going to line up for Hawaii days ahead too?

Hope not... my butt is not getting there any earlier than Friday night (after some partying)

ETA: I knew my people were nuts :lol: So glad I didnt go to those shows :crack:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
ETA: I knew my people were nuts :lol: So glad I didnt go to those shows :crack:

So do Mexicans always line up this early for big concerts?

Or is it partly because u2 hasn't been down there since 1997?

:shrug:

Don't know how often this happens. Haven't lived in Mexico since I was 12, all I know is that my people are crazy.

I would expect to see this phenomenon be repeated throughout South America...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom