Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
reef2547.jpg

Jan20_06_AngAfterBoxJellyfishSting.jpg

sjellyfish_sign.jpg

caldream.jpg

jellyfish.jpg

Maxx33.jpg

I remember the last time I was at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (probably 1994-96) they had an awesome jelly fish display. They are really interesting creatures. Too bad they are so evil!

Ok, well no. If my options are

a) encounter with Anaconda
b) encounter with Cane Spider

I am thinking option b is looking great :hmm:

Cane Spiders will often find their way into houses. While nobody wants to be startled by the sudden appearance of one of these hairy beasts, they are beneficial in the home and it is not recommended to kill the spider (either let it out or let it live in the home).

Are they serious? One of those fuckers finds its way into my house, it is not coming alive. :crack:

Except I'd be the dead one. Here is an excerpt from the 'Oahu Revealed' book:
"Cane spiders are not poisonous. But they seem to think they are. I've had one chase me across the room when I had the broom in my hand."

That is wrong in so many ways. I'm a sally for being a guy and not good with bugs, but oh well.

weinerdog said:
Except I'd be the dead one. Here is an excerpt from the 'Oahu Revealed' book:
"Cane spiders are not poisonous. But they seem to think they are. I've had one chase me across the room when I had the broom in my hand."

That is wrong in so many ways. I'm a sally for being a guy and not good with bugs, but oh well.

That is horrid...

I had to learn to kill my own bugs whenI moved out on my own... It is not something I enjoy at all and theres always much screaming...

Not too long ago, I think I was on the phone with a certain rum drinker from around here and think I screamed in his ear while foaming a spider :lol:

I had to kill two nasty looking huge things the first year I moved in. The lady that lived there had a green house in the basement where she bred Orchids, so the basement was buggy for the first few months I lived there. :crack:

Miroslava said:

That is horrid...

I had to learn to kill my own bugs whenI moved out on my own... It is not something I enjoy at all and theres always much screaming...

hairspray - the cheaper the better works very well in killing off nasty bugs that or a paper plate thrown over the top of said bug then smash foot down on paper plate (saves having to clean nice shoe)

every guide book I've read has included a bug section :sad:

Hairspray works wonders :drool:

But my mom got me this foam bug killer which is amazing... kills them immediately and it covers them up. So if you grab a bunch of papertowels, you just grab it and down the toilet they go.

You know what also works great? Foam carpet cleaner :up:

:stilllitchy:

Last edited:
that's one thing about not living in a warm place : not as many critters. And I can't even stand getting close enough to use a paper plate. Shopvac works good if no one is around to get it. Snakes are cool, but for some reason black widows, spindly kinda spiders are not good. I've been near tarantulas at animal places and they're not too bad.

Ok yes, then I am going to have to agree with your self impossed sally status if you admit you cant get that close... :lol:

:sexywink:

I am telling you, foam! :drool:

squishing is gross :yuck:

Plus, prepare to be super itchy here, if it is a momma spider and you squish it, you may end up with 100s of baby spiders scattering about :yuck:

:gross:

:sick:

:sad:

:itchy:

Last edited:
Ack. I read the headline and closed it.

:(

:sad:

This thread is a nightmare :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back