Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Bulletin

Second U2 show unconfirmed
Star-Bulletin staff
features@starbulletin.com

So is there going to be a second U2 concert at Aloha Stadium? The rumor mill has been abuzz that it is a go for Sunday, April 9, the day after the band's first concert. That Saturday event is a near sellout, with only $95 tickets still available in the stadium's J and JJ sections in the upper, fifth-level yellow area.

As of now there is no official word from stadium officials on the second show.

If tickets do go on sale for a second show, it will happen around Pro Bowl weekend, Feb. 11 and 12. The thing is, the sale does not want to conflict with talk that tickets for Jack Johnson's Kokua Festival on April 22 at the Waikiki Shell are going on sale that busy weekend as well. So they supposedly will be held on a separate Saturday and Sunday.

Johnson will once again headline the show, which will include guests Willie Nelson, Ben Harper, Henry Kapono, former "American Idol" contestant Paula Fuga and her One Love 'Ohana, and ALO (the Animal Liberation Orchestra).

Ticketmaster Order History
Your tickets have been printed.

Your tickets were shipped via standard USPS mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

Oh yeah baby!!!!!!! :love: :hyper: :dance:

Now to wait for them to come in the mail... :sad:

Carek1230 said:
Rocko has written a comment on his/devil's website:

Thanks to everyone for coming here and writing cool stuff. We will try to answer all questions from everyone, and pass info on as it comes along. We will add more stuff as we go, but right now we are rehearsing a whole bunch of tunes, including some original songs. Stay tuned and check back often. Be warned we love surprises and secrets, but the Devils won't deceive you, nor try too hard to mislead you, while playing just to please you, with clues set about to tease you...... Nothing rhymes with
"orange"... except "door hinge" Love - Rocko

Took this from the previous thread.

Anybody wanna fill me in on what that last sentence is all about?
I'm afraid I'm not getting it.

But it so reminded me of this caption:

orange.jpg

(working on some lyrics)

:bono: : Hmmm....:scratch:...damn, what rhymes with "orange?"

Which made me go :ohmy: !!!

Last edited:
BonoIsAGod said:
Ticketmaster Order History

Your tickets were shipped via standard USPS mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

Oh yeah baby!!!!!!! :love: :hyper: :dance:

Now to wait for them to come in the mail... :sad:

Still:

"Your tickets have been purchased and are in the process of being printed."

both orders

:crazy:

But yay for you :kiss: You have extras anyway, right? :shifty:

:lol:

Nightsong said:
Star Bulletin

Second U2 show unconfirmed
Star-Bulletin staff
features@starbulletin.com

So is there going to be a second U2 concert at Aloha Stadium? The rumor mill has been abuzz that it is a go for Sunday, April 9, the day after the band's first concert. That Saturday event is a near sellout, with only $95 tickets still available in the stadium's J and JJ sections in the upper, fifth-level yellow area.

Where on earth do they get that ticket information from?

A quick check on TM brings up 4 tickets in a row, section D row 24 orange (1st) level.

Miroslava said:

Still:

both orders

Both my orders now say printed and mailed, although I have gotten neither (the first order said this a week ago).

Argh at that article...I knew it would be while I was on my London trip, although it won't be while I am flying, so I just have to make sure I am not out (or asleep from jet leg on the 11th! ;) ), when they go on sale, and hop on one of my bro-in-law's computers.

Miroslava said:

Still:

both orders

Yours are pre-sale, right?

I went to the zootopia Hawaii yahoo group yesterday evening and somebody there said that some people that post at u2.com have already received their tickets.

It appears that the tickets from the general sale are the ones that are printed and send out at the moment.

Weren't they going to do a serious background check to see if name, address, and u2.com info were the same for the pre-sale tickets.
Maybe that's were the delay of them being printed comes from.

Or how about this:

Could it be that the pre-sale u2.com fanclub sale GA tickets are going to be different and garantuee automatic entrance into a "golden circle"?

ETA: I purchased my GA tickets a week ago (one week after the general sale) and mine also say printed and shipped. :reject:

Last edited:
I thought for sure the announcemet yesterday for Sao Paolo would have included Honolulu. I wish they would hurry up and decide one way or another if the 2nd show is a go or not.

My account on Ticket Bastard says my tickets have been printed. However, not mailed yet.

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa Dethroned in Hawaii

HONOLULU - Everyone thought the humuhumunukunukuapuaa was Hawaii's state fish. As it turns out, the brightly colored fish with the excessively long name has been dethroned.

The news shook the world of Rep. Blake Oshiro, who found out the designation was no longer official from Joel Itomura, a 6-year-old fish-loving son of a friend and constituent.

"I was really surprised," said Oshiro, who has drawn up a bill that would make humuhumunukunukuapuaa — also known as the rectangular triggerfish or "humuhumu" for short — the official state fish for the islands.

The stubby-nosed, brightly striped and slightly aggressive little fish whose name few tourists even try to utter (it's pronounced HOO-moo-HOO-moo-NOO-koo-NOO-koo-AH-poo-AH-ah) is commonly believed to be the state's favorite. The fish figures into tourist trinkets, broadcast commercials and a much-beloved song about a little grass shack.

Much like its name, the fish's road to titlelessness is long and confusing.

In 1984 the state Legislature asked the University of Hawaii and the Waikiki Aquarium to survey the public and come up with a candidate for the state fish. The humuhumu was swept into the spot in part through the support of school children who learned of the campaign through classroom projects.

Although the issue of the state fish would seem to come with little controversy, the method used to poll the public was questioned and lawmakers limited the designation to five years.

No one told the public that the humuhumu's reign was over, so few knew anything had changed.

And the humuhumu has its opponents.

State Rep. K. Mark Takai said he had objections to a similar bill a decade ago because many of his constituents were in favor of the oopu, a brownish, freshwater gobbie endemic to the islands, he said.

The humuhumu is not unique to Hawaii, he said.

There is no lack of fish species specific to the islands. Thirteen species of wrass alone are found here and nowhere else in the world.

But while humuhumu may call more than just Hawaii its home, it has a few undeniable attributes on its side — cuteness and unpalatability.

"Here's a cute little fish. It kind of looks like a pig and it squawks and everything," said Chuck Johnston, editor of Hawaii Fishing News.

It's also a good candidate because no one eats a humuhumu, he said. Picking a popular game fish such as the ulua could be a problem if environmentalists push to protect the fish from fishermen, he said.

Johnston has asked Gov. Linda Lingle to give the fish the state title in perpetuity through an executive order.

In her reply early last year, Lingle said that decision should instead be left to the public. She also pointed out that the humuhumu has not historically been held in very high regard, having been used by early Hawaiians as fuel for their fires, not their stomachs.

While Johnston had originally advocated for the Pacific blue marlin two decades ago, his support now for the humuhumu is unwavering.

"The logical choice is the one that was already selected," Johnston said. "It has been there. He's been crowned."

Woohoo!!!
:dancing:
Weekend.
No more work for me.
At least for a day and a half.

:hug: for you, Lila64.

The pre-sale tickets do seem to take longer to print out.
I wonder why :hmm:

Last edited:
This thread needs more rabbits!!

bun2.jpg

rabbits love to lie around

bun4.jpg

and as I've mentioned before, they excel at getting in trouble

bunsneak.jpg

Just checked my ticketmaster account:

Oh boy!

mine are still in the limbo of being purchased and waiting to be printed as well (presale tickets)

I tried to soothe myself by repeatedly calling Ticketmaster and reconfirming my orders - which helped for a little while but I want my tickets :grumpy:

Lila64 said:
:mad:

PopArtist - were yours bought on the pre-sale or general sale?

General sale...actually four days AFTER the first general sale day. The ticket that I got on the first day of general sale still hasn't come yet, but today I got an e-mail that it has been printed and mailed. Seems like they are mailing them out backwards - those who bought late get them first, those who bought on pre-sale get them last...:huh:

I just checked over at Gold Coast Tickets and they're actually selling GA's for 90 dollars (I counted 126 GA tickets for sale on that site alone)

I would have loved to see those prices that low for any of the US mainland shows

Good news for the wave babies, :applaud:

ScreenHunter_8.jpg

No jellyfish during our stay, well, hopefully.:)

For fish lovers out there......best fish I've ever eaten in my whole entire life was UKU when we were in Maui. It was like filet, melt in your mouth, wonderfully good. Try it, you'll like it! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom