Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a smile on your hotel front desk people with that one. Its easy to pronounce this way...Ka-ka-hya-ka.
Say that 10 times really fast.

mobaby said:
Put a smile on your hotel front desk people with that one. Its easy to pronounce this way...Ka-ka-hya-ka.
Say that 10 times really fast.

So how do you say "good afternoon" and "good evening"? Won't arrive at my hotel until then and I'm aiming for an upgrade. :D

Oh no, I'm not local. All my friends call me haole. I've lived here about a year, but picked up bits and pieces of Hawaiian and Pidgin here and there. I don't dare use it for real out in public though.

yea, I wouldn't recommend trying pidgin to locals.
I'm part haole too...fourth Hawaiian, and a little Chinese in my toe.

But a serious attempt at a Hawaiian language greeting should get at least a smile from hotel staff. I'd give any one who tried an upgraded room.

I have a question for topher and mobaby:wave:

Will this be your first U2 show?
I have a general question for everyone...I hope it has not already been talked about...I was wondering about the restrooms in the stadiums?
Thanks

Hi CarmelU2fan. This will be my 7th I think. I'm also seeing them in Sydney on March 31(got cheap air tickets plus an eager family who always wanted to go to australia) I didn't know they were coming to Hawaii at the time I booked australia. BUT..I've never done GA so if I get GA's....I guess it would be considered a first. What exactly were you wondering about the restrooms?

How many restrooms are there in the average stadium..I have never been to a stadium concert before. I once went to a stadium when I was a small child and I do remember walking really far to get to the restroom.
I am sorry if I am bringing u a topic that has been discussed already.

BTW- YOU are one lucky soul!!! I would love to see U2 in Sydney..oh yeah you can call me Carmel:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom