Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Banane23.gif

just for the hell of it

Carek1230 said:
5-1/2 hr flight and we GAIN three hours! Hehehe.....we leave here at 9:30am and get to HNL around noon! I LOVE THAT!

woah, that is gonna mess me up :huh: thats three hours of sleep lost and i need my sleep:shifty: :crazy:

Anyone listening to 101.9? 'cause someone should :shifty:

Just got in. Shower. Food. And then I can be on listening duty for a lil bit :D

That's alright, I am back... listening to Chris Martin singing like he just got kicked in a very painful area :ohmy:

I'm home now. Talked to the airline. No go for a discount. It has to be an immediate family member in order to get bereavement fare. The man I talked to was very nice, and sorry that they couldn't give it to me. It was definitely worth it to try though.

You know, we have some hardcore lurkers in these Hawaii threads.

Jami and company, it's ok to say hi! We're not that scary are we? :shifty:

ThoraSEB said:
I'm home now. Talked to the airline. No go for a discount. It has to be an immediate family member in order to get bereavement fare. The man I talked to was very nice, and sorry that they couldn't give it to me. It was definitely worth it to try though.

sorry that it didn't work out Thora :hug: at least you tried :shrug:

:lol:

We need an alarm to go off in case someone dozes off.... heard Discotheque from Chicago 9/20?

Maybe we can isolate the bird squaking sounds Bono made and loop them :hmm:

kellyahern said:

It's like the hatch on Lost, we all need to take shifts :shifty:

I can't sleep on a plane, or in a car. I'll do the starting to nod off head tilt, then something will jolt me awake :reject:.

Try some Melatonin. It's herbal, it won't affect you, it's not like a sleeping pill. I chew 2 of those (I get them at Trader Joes but they are available at any whole food or health food store) and sleep like a baby, instead of taking Tylenol PM. Awake feeling refreshed and ready to embrace the day (Oh man, I am scaring myself!!)

AND.............10 mins to go! :wink:

Miroslava said:

We need an alarm to go off in case someone dozes off.... heard Discotheque from Chicago 9/20?

Maybe we can isolate the bird squaking sounds Bono made and loop them :hmm:

I wake up most mornings to Vertigo or AF's Wake Up! My iPod loces its new iHome!

Carek1230 said:

Try some Melatonin. It's herbal, it won't affect you, it's not like a sleeping pill. I chew 2 of those (I get them at Trader Joes but they are available at any whole food or health food store) and sleep like a baby, instead of taking Tylenol PM. Awake feeling refreshed and ready to embrace the day (Oh man, I am scaring myself!!)

AND.............10 mins to go! :wink:

Thanks for the tip :)

kellyahern said:

It's like the hatch on Lost, we all need to take shifts :shifty:

I can't sleep on a plane, or in a car. I'll do the starting to nod off head tilt, then something will jolt me awake :reject:.

that is why God made drugs :D

already made one of our MDs write me a script for some xanax for the plane ride

and I like the dying bird sounds that Bono made in Chicago :wink:
very good idea for an alarm clock :hmm:

I.am.listening.to.Creed.willingly.because.of.U2.

:scream:

And hi johng :wave: ('nother of our lurkers :wink: )

And I am suuuuuuuuuch a good plane sleeper :drool:

"We're still looking for a sell out for U2. We're almost there, but not quite yet"

And that was pretty much all he said, came in, randomly said that and poof.

We're being held hostage by <1000 tickets.

:mad:

*plots to rob bank*

Saw this on atu2.com's blog

There's been a very *hot* rumor going around the online boards about the band Rocko and the Devils opening for U2 for their last Vertigo tour dates in April at Aloha Stadium in Hawaii. According to two affiliated websites for Rocko and the Devils: jimhandley.com (drummer for the band) and melanielowery.com (webmaster for the band), it sounds all-but-confirmed.

If you're wondering why they're opening, well...the "Rocko" is U2's crew member extraordinare Rocko Reedy. Two of the four "Devils" are crew members for Journey. The band's website: www.rockoandthedevils.com should have video and other content up soon on it in the weeks to come.

UPDATE: as of 1/18, all affiliated websites have changed the dates to indicate they'll be opening on April 8 with no mention of the April 9 date. An industry source has told us that due to slower-than-expected ticket sales for the Honolulu show, the second proposed date at Aloha Stadium on April 9 may not happen. More news to follow as it becomes available.

Well isn't that a freaking news flash

:angry:

Sorry, nothing against you Jules... Just frustrated cause it is one thing for us to have been speculating that same thing for a couple days now but now it seems to be solidifying. :(

ETA: I am taking my crabby ass to bed before 2:00 AM for once. Yes, I am thrilled for the one show, but hey, I am a U2 piggy and I would prefer two shows while we were at it.

:sulksupstairs:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
I.am.listening.to.Creed.willingly.because.of.U2.

:scream:

And hi johng :wave: ('nother of our lurkers :wink: )

And I am suuuuuuuuuch a good plane sleeper :drool:

i was forced to listen to Creed in the photo dark room today. :crack:

U2Girl1978 said:
I know. It's a bummer, but hell we're all still going to Hawaii to see U2 and have some fun! :) :hyper:

My sentiments exactly! Worse comes to worse, we all gather and party on 4/9 - we'll have our own party, right?

13_4_7.gif

U2Girl1978 said:
Saw this on atu2.com's blog

UPDATE: as of 1/18, all affiliated websites have changed the dates to indicate they'll be opening on April 8 with no mention of the April 9 date. An industry source has told us that due to slower-than-expected ticket sales for the Honolulu show, the second proposed date at Aloha Stadium on April 9 may not happen. More news to follow as it becomes available.

it would be awful funny if the industry source turned out to be the speculation voiced in this thread.

its like a mirror, looking in a mirror.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom