Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Carmel. :hug: Everything does seem to be working out well for the most part, which is good. My stress level is surprisingly low, which is a blessing.

And yes, I love how much I am needed at work. Gotta love that kind of job security.

Thanks, Carek. I'll definitely give them a call to see what can be done.

From the zoo:

I sent an email to ETS Tours asking about group rates to help fellow Zootopians get organized and to see if we could get a deal. Anyway, check this little tidbit - maybe slip - in their email:
Quote:
Tickets: You do not mention whether or not you need tickets for one show or two. Maybe everyone wants to attend both shows, maybe not. We can deal with that. As a special service to people planning to camp out all day, we will arrange an early ticket pick up on each show day. If people want to attend the Friday Luau event, they can be pre-ticketed there. We will also likely run an early shuttle to get fans to the stadium first thing in the morning.

Faith will be rewarded!

Thanks for the link, Carek.

I noticed it said it's for immediate family only. I'm giving my airline a call in the next few minutes, once I get off work. It's definitely worth a shot.

I definitely can sound distraught, Lila! All those years in acting class will be put to good use (finally).

:hug: to all.

:giggle: That was Carmel not Carek who posted the link but it was Cerek who put the idea in my head.

ThoraSEB said:
Thanks for the link, Carek.

I noticed it said it's for immediate family only. I'm giving my airline a call in the next few minutes, once I get off work. It's definitely worth a shot.

I definitely can sound distraught, Lila! All those years in acting class will be put to good use (finally).

:hug: to all.

and point out you are young, living on a budget or fixed income, yada yada. School loans to repay, car, rent... I don't know - use those acting skills!

Only a few more minutes of work, then I'm off to call.

I don't think I could lie and say it was a family member, but I'm sure it will be easy enough for me to sound upset, and make them feel sorry for me, and give me a reduction in the fare.

ThoraSEB said:
Only a few more minutes of work, then I'm off to call.

I don't think I could lie and say it was a family member, but I'm sure it will be easy enough for me to sound upset, and make them feel sorry for me, and give me a reduction in the fare.

Tell them it is a sister in law or cousin. Maybe that will work. Good luck!

And good info from ETS too....Something to make one go "Hmmmmmm" about....the LUAU???????!!!!!!!!!! I was
under the impression that was for Hawaiian residents only.

Well well well.......... maybe there is yet hope for an
ANNOUNCEMENT!! :wink:

I am flying in Friday too.

A Luau???!!!!!! I want for Interlanders to have a Luau!!!:ohmy:

EDIT: Oh and so the ETS folks get bussed in, do their Luau and are there in line. Hmmmmm No fair. :mad:

Nightsong said:
From the zoo:

I sent an email to ETS Tours asking about group rates to help fellow Zootopians get organized and to see if we could get a deal. Anyway, check this little tidbit - maybe slip - in their email:
Quote:
Tickets: You do not mention whether or not you need tickets for one show or two. Maybe everyone wants to attend both shows, maybe not. We can deal with that. As a special service to people planning to camp out all day, we will arrange an early ticket pick up on each show day. If people want to attend the Friday Luau event, they can be pre-ticketed there. We will also likely run an early shuttle to get fans to the stadium first thing in the morning.

Faith will be rewarded!

I wonder is this only for the ETS people or can anyone attend. Carmel and Kelly will need a drink once we get there on Friday:wink:

ThoraSEB said:
Whoops! Can you tell how fuzzy my brain is right now?! Well, thanks Carmel. You both have been very helpful!

Cerak is the smart one really, I did not even know a bereavement fare even existed :der:

Hey u2forlife:wave:

We need to talk about the car:eyebrow:

There is a small chance the band may wait until the results of the Grammy awards on February 8th. A sweep of the awards would likely result in a new wave of plublicity for the band which would guareentee a sellout for the 2nd show.

kellyahern said:
:lol: Kelly will probably go to bed because of jet lag :reject:

Oh :banghead: I keep forgetting you do not drink.

In that case Carmel will have a drink on the plane and bring Kelly a refreshing soda when I see her in the GA line:wink:

it may be hard for thora to tell them she is a relative, as they may ask for proof :confused:

feel sorry for all the east coasters who will have jetlag... the flight from S.Calif is only 5 ½ hours from here :shifty:

STING2 said:
There is a small chance the band may wait until the results of the Grammy awards on February 8th. A sweep of the awards would likely result in a new wave of plublicity for the band which would guareentee a sellout for the 2nd show.

Noooooooooooooo do you really think they would wait that long? Even after the Stones make an announcement? :mad:

u2forlife said:
Yes, we should get one :lol:

:wave:

I will shoot Jules an email, she has the discount code we need.
We need to decide if we will be styling in an SUV or remain practical and get the mini van:nerd:

I do not mind having on a skank top in a mini van

:lol:

Carek1230 said:

Noooooooooooooo do you really think they would wait that long? Even after the Stones make an announcement? :mad:

Are the Stones really going to play Hawaii? I think there is a small chance the band would do this, otherwise why not put the second show on sale this Saturday?

Another tactic is they may want to wait a couple of weeks so that people at least get their next pay check.:wink:

If another show is not announced within one week after the Grammy Awards, then I'd say they are definitely only doing one show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom