Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought here, but seeing as how incredibly easy it was to get tickets for the Hawaii show, I see no reason to let Ticketmaster hold on to my money for an extra half year or whatever.

(of course, I was getting rid of my tickets anyway, so I guess this is more of a suggestion for everyone else)

cleazer said:
I just got a phone call a few minutes ago from ticketmaster telling me how to get a refund for my tickets.

bfloxng said:
Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. U2 Vertigo 2006 Tour scheduled at the Aloha Stadium on Saturday, April 08, 2006, at 7:30pm, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method, however, we strongly recommend holding your tickets until the new date is announced. If you return your tickets for a refund, we will be unable to guarantee seating for the new date if you wish to attend once it has been announced.

If your tickets were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets back to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
U2 Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee and any UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

kellyahern said:
The phone message is basically the same as the e-mail - although in a perkier voice :huh:.

Talking mighty fast too, if I may add!

And I'm holding on.

Carek1230 said:
Lovely. Ticketbastards do it again sticking the $3.50 order processing inconvenience fee per ticket to us. :sad: Especially when it took them SO DAMN LONG to get the tickets printed and sent out! I think they should pay US!

i know..,. fucking bullshit!

I'm just glad they only charged me the $3.50 once (even though I bought 2 GAs twice with 2 different orders)

I think I'll cancel 2 of them (which I had planned to trade for Hawaii2) and keep 2 GAs...

I swear I've been nickled & dimed my entire life and I am so sick of it. I live alone and struggle with what I make which isn't really a whole lot, so to scrimp and save to be able to do something like go to a concert or travel to see one as in this Hawaii trip, it's a big deal to me. Realizing why the band has postponed (and I am not wanting to start a pissing match here) and I do feel so sad about it. But already, through no fault of my own I'm out $100 for the airfare and fees with Ticketbastard even if the shows get re-scheduled! That is what I am hoping, that they will be re-scheduled. Ticketmaster can bit me if they are going to charge me a freaking penny to exchange my tickets too. And I am pulling more OT to come up with more money in the hope Hawaii happens after all. :|

I am glad someone else agrees about Ticketbastard tho, and their stinkin fees!

i have a feeling the announcement is going to be something like: "thank you for your patience, we would not have postponed unless it was serious, and we hope to have some dates for you in the near future."

it just seems unlikely that they would already have news dates, unless the ill family member has had a complete turnaround :shrug: but that's just my idle speculation.

my sympathies to everyone fighting with airlines, travel websites, etc. i know we've all lost a bunch of money, and it definitely stings...it's a tough situation all the way around.

ruffian said:
i have a feeling the announcement is going to be something like: "thank you for your patience, we would not have postponed unless it was serious, and we hope to have some dates for you in the near future."

it just seems unlikely that they would already have news dates, unless the ill family member has had a complete turnaround :shrug: but that's just my idle speculation.

my sympathies to everyone fighting with airlines, travel websites, etc. i know we've all lost a bunch of money, and it definitely stings...it's a tough situation all the way around.

I dunno though, the first time this happened before the tour start, they were back with new dates fairly quickly - never was confirmed when the first official announcement actually was to be but it was only two weeks between when the postponement came down and when the rescheduled tour was announced...and there were many more cities and dates involved then. Think there will be new dates this week (or else outright cancellation, but I don't think so). :)

Pop Artist said:

I dunno though, the first time this happened before the tour start, they were back with new dates fairly quickly - never was confirmed when the first official announcement actually was to be but it was only two weeks between when the postponement came down and when the rescheduled tour was announced...and there were many more cities and dates involved then. Think there will be new dates this week (or else outright cancellation, but I don't think so). :)

good point. let's hope this is the case.

Before the beginning of the tour the band was looking at a greater number of shows than they are now. So the amount of work to re-schedule 10 shows versus dozens makes sense as to perhaps why an announcement would come so quickly this time. I also doubt it will be to cancel full out, I am sure it will include their sincerest apologies for any and all inconveniences and I accept that, of course my heart all along goes to the families of the band members for whatever they are dealing with. They employ management staff and promoters who in this technological age have got to be able to swiftly communicate and change schedules nearly effortlessly. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and wait patiently. If Hawaii is moved to the end of the year beware folks, prices are premium at best. It would be nice if some of the hotels would extend to those of us who were planning to go or who are waiting to change plans the same rates that would be brilliant!

i guess i wasn't thinking so much about the logistics of rescheduling...i was thinking more about whether a serious health crisis would be resolved so quickly that they would feel comfortable leaving family again, or even knowing when they could leave again. anyway, we'll find out at some point!

Carek1230 said:
It would be nice if some of the hotels would extend to those of us who were planning to go or who are waiting to change plans the same rates that would be brilliant!

they should just let us camp in the ellipse ;)

Carek1230 said:
Let's all keep our fingers crossed and wait patiently. If Hawaii is moved to the end of the year beware folks, prices are premium at best. It would be nice if some of the hotels would extend to those of us who were planning to go or who are waiting to change plans the same rates that would be brilliant!

I'm thinking the New Year's Eve thing is a red herring - the guys like to be home for the holidays and have only played shows during the December 23-January 1 period twice - and both times it was at home in Dublin. Looking at the U. of Hawaii football schedule, it looks like we're looking somewhere around between 10/12-10/23. 11/2-11/6 and 12/7-12/20. Of course, trends are made to be broken, so I could be dead wrong. :wink:

Carek1230 said:
You have a point there. And true, chances are the Aloha Stadium would be in football configuration. Well, we wait......

Well I cited those time periods above as times when they have enough time and could put it to baseball config. before then and then put it back afterwards and not disrupt football... If they were to keep it in football config., they could probably do something mid-week at many other points...

Hey, BTW...does anyone know how long a time period we have to send back tickets for refunds? Going to send back the extra ticket I have, but still having a dilemma between keeping the GA or keeping the seat. Leaning towards keeping the GA and sending the seat ticket back, but I want to see when the new show will be and if they need to change to football configuration or not, because if they change to football, then my seat will be a very prime one... :wink:

Last edited:
I don't think there's any hope for a New Year's gig either. But I do think the test event was probably TM laying the groundwork for the possibility of postponement. Hopefully that's a good sign that the show will be rescheduled ? and everyone is doing okay. If all the other logistical parties were already in planning mode, that would explain their being able to announce new dates so quickly. We'll know soon ....

As far as refund deadline, I received this today from ticketmaster:
Thank you for contacting us regarding order number XXX. We apologize for the oversight, as there is currently no deadline for refunds to the postponed performance of U2.
I had received an earlier mailing telling me I only had until 3/13-so I asked for clarification ...

Last edited:
Just got this from a friend of mine from Aussie....

Nova just played sound bite from the Denton interview and the B-Man himself said they would be back and said, and I quote -"November"

Hopefully, Tuesday we get full details of future dates. If we don't get new dates before the original scheduled dates, it makes it kind of hard to rebook our tickets. We will either have to go on the trip anyway, forfeit the trip or rebook for somewhere else instead of the new dates. Although some folks who were travelling to New Zealand have already had to make that decision. Before anyone flames me, this is a concern for many folks with thousands of dollars invested in their trips and planned meetings with friends. Of course, I understand why the tour is postponed and support the band's decision, disclaimers are needed around here lately.:wink:

I hope they give us the full info on Tuesday.

trevster2k said:
Hopefully, Tuesday we get full details of future dates. If we don't get new dates before the original scheduled dates, it makes it kind of hard to rebook our tickets. We will either have to go on the trip anyway, forfeit the trip or rebook for somewhere else instead of the new dates. Although some folks who were travelling to New Zealand have already had to make that decision. Before anyone flames me, this is a concern for many folks with thousands of dollars invested in their trips and planned meetings with friends. Of course, I understand why the tour is postponed and support the band's decision, disclaimers are needed around here lately.:wink:

I hope they give us the full info on Tuesday.

I hear you!!!

I have decided to go ahead and go to Hawaii in April. The airfare was really cheap for me and well I've never been.

I've had to find a new roommate and the Zootops still have activities planned so I'll still have fun.

I will do my best to attend the rescheduled show but it may be difficult since my son will be in preschool in the fall. We will see, we will see.

I'm 50% coming.........This delay in the tour has worked out well.

I'm also 50% not going :lol:..........we'll see

Do we know whats happening with tickets? (i'll be buying from Interference (hopefully).......Will Ticketmaster just send out new tickets?

Last edited:
Generally speaking, TM does not reissue tickets, but honors old tickets for new show. That could change if different numbers of dates are announced. It could also be different in multi-date cities, as there would obviously be confusion over which dates replace which ones.

THOUSANDS of U2 fans found what they were looking for last night when
Bono confirmed the Irish band would return to Australia in November
to perform its postponed Vertigo '06 tour.

"We are coming back, looks like November, and that's a great relief
to me," the singer told Andrew Denton on the ABC's Enough Rope.

"I didn't want to leave Australia without having that hammered down …"

Bono said the exact dates of the rescheduled concerts might be
announced today, but declined to give any more details about the
illness that had caused the tour to be postponed.

"I'm amazed the people have been so kind to us on the websites," he
said, and apologised to fans who have had to change travel
arrangements.

Bono said the band would be in peak form when it returned because the
affected band member - many fans believe it is the guitarist, The
Edge - will "be on fire, as opposed to having a cloud hanging over
him".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom