Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I have not had time to call.

ETA: Well that was fun! They're flagging the orders :happy: Not that the nice guy (he actually was nice) could actually promise me anything. :happy:

Last edited:
So what's their problem? Did they give you any kind of indication as to what's taking so long to print and mail tickets? Are they designing them individually or something? Geesh!

bump101 said:
after 1/2 hour and me yelling they said they would mail on monday.
we'll see

:lol:

I didn't get anywhere near yelling :hmm:

I mean, technically they're still within regular processing times and all that, we're just anxious mofos. :wink:

Flavia! Que excelente! :D A ver si ahora puedo hablar contigo por mas de tres segundos sin lluvia y sin estar al borde de lagrimas :lol:

I'll add you to the list... I must assume you're GA :D

Miroslava said:
Flavia! Que excelente! :D A ver si ahora puedo hablar contigo por mas de tres segundos sin lluvia y sin estar al borde de lagrimas :lol:

I'll add you to the list... I must assume you're GA :D

LOL. Si, por fin vamos a poder hablar como gente normal y no como locas trastornadas por el clima irlandes! :lol:

And yeah, it's GA or bust! :wink:

got an email from ticketmaster that mine are printed and being mailed...

(I did call on monday to complain)

but I got a $3.50 charge on my credit card on tuesday from ticketmaster and when I called them they said it was a handling fee that the promoter forgot..

As long as I have the tickets in my hand soon... it's all good!

Can we just skip March and go right to April?

Bad week at work, all hopes dashed for 2nd show, BAD dropped from setlist... :sad:

But this clip rather brightens my mood:
Bono - on harmonica :bow:
Bono - amazing ability to create lyrics as he goes :applaud:
Totally unexpected performance of classic :angel:

Just 42 more nights until the show!!!! :dancing:

I hope some of you enjoy this clip as well :) http://www.youtube.com/?v=sX3ERVDr5c0

Nightsong said:

Bad week at work, all hopes dashed for 2nd show, BAD dropped from setlist... :sad:

I hope some of you enjoy this clip as well :) http://www.youtube.com/?v=sX3ERVDr5c0

thanks - that was awesome!

I remember that setlist party very well - we were all wondering if the guy pulled up onstage was inmyplace - good times :up:

:drool: That was clip was so awesome! That guy was really good too. I am so glad I am not the only one counting down the days untll the show/vacation. Thanks Nightsong.:up:

And welcome Niamh:wink:

Nightsong said:

\

awesome clip!
i don't remember it. :hmm:
where's it from?

bfloxng said:

\

awesome clip!
i don't remember it. :hmm:
where's it from?

Dallas :)
Bono asking "What's so funny?" at the very end is in response to GA just cracking up when he put on the CVS brand sunglasses the fan convinced him to trade his for.

Last edited:
Nightsong said:

Dallas :)
Bono asking "What's so funny?" at the very end is in response to GA just cracking up when he put on the CVS brand sunglasses the fan convinced him to trade his for.

That was a great show. I thought it had the best version of Vertigo of all that I saw.

Add me to the list of those going to Hawaii for the last show.... I bought my GA ticket last weekend when Ticketmaster.com released all the additional tickets. In fact my ticket just arrived in my mailbox today. Can't wait for April to get here!!

Are there any carpools being organized for those staying in Waikiki with GA tickets & planning on getting to the stadium early on the 8th? I wasn't planning on getting a car rental with hotels in Waikiki charging $10-15 a day to park. I'll be there 6-7 days, so the car rental and parking fees would definitely add up. I'll be happy to pitch in $$ if anyone is offering to carpool. Or share a cab ride. I'll be staying in Waikiki. Still shopping around for the best hotel deal.

Did anyone noitce they are now selling GA20. When they had the first drop last week, it was GA18, which means they added at least 3000 tickets, which further means there may be 20000 on the floor at this show.

HOLY CRAP! If I could figure out how to sell one bottle of water to each person on the floor, at $5 each, that'd be some serious cash.

In fact, if I could sell a bottle of watter to each at $50 per bottle, that'd be a cool million!

:hmm:

U2ITNOL said:
Are there any carpools being organized for those staying in Waikiki with GA tickets & planning on getting to the stadium early on the 8th? I wasn't planning on getting a car rental with hotels in Waikiki charging $10-15 a day to park. I'll be there 6-7 days, so the car rental and parking fees would definitely add up. I'll be happy to pitch in $$ if anyone is offering to carpool. Or share a cab ride. I'll be staying in Waikiki. Still shopping around for the best hotel deal.
In the Zootopia Yahoo group (open to anyone) we are organizing transport to the GA line. You can indicate at what time you plan to go, and if you need or provide transport.

Just go to the poll here:
launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006/surveys?id=1497103

By the way, did you read in Rocko & the Devils' guest book that Larry (bass player of the devils) is thinking about joining us at the Happy Hour on April 7th in Tiki's Grill?
Comments from Larry!!
How ya all doin? Hey wait a minute I'm not from Nashville! I'm from Chicago. Hey what's up! Larry the bass player here to check in.I want to thank everyone who took the time and effort to drop us devils a line of encouragement. It is very cool to share our fifteen minutes of fame with all of you. This whole deal has been a real trip,and we are really excited to be able to play on U2's stage for the best fans any band could hope to have. Also; if Rocko doesn't have us turning the grinding wheel on Fri the 7th I will be at the Tiki. Larry O'Connor
If you want to join the Happy Hour, please do so soon, right now we have approx. 150 people signed up, the maximum is 200. The signup is here:

launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006/surveys?id=1482842

Oh, and this morning I was interviewed by 808Talk podcast radio from Hawaii. they asked me about the Lokahi-ONE campaign for the Hawaii concert. It will be online tomorrow (Sunday) at: 808Talk.com

I hope that I did well, I was a bit nervous :) If you want to join this campaign and help to hand out the >26,000 Lokahi-ONE signs, please have a look at this page: geocities.com/onehonolulu

You can also go directly to the Zootopa Yahoo group and enter your info there if you care to volunteer: groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

Have a good weekend!

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom