Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
posting... for no reason other than to boost postcount

jump.gif

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
There should be an option to block entire threads. :sad:

I hope everyone going has an awesome time, but damnit I wanna go! :whine:

:wave:

another one to peer pressue :evil:

nurse chrissi said:

peer presure is good :evil:

it's like a bad after school special the "because of peer pressure I ended up at a u2 show in Hawaii" kind

I have to say, you guys are good. Wow. My coworkers would never let me hear the end of this one. lmao. They're convinced i must be getting some action. :lol:
men. :tsk:

Use sidestep.com or farechase.com - both sites correlate fares from many airlines at many various websites. Always try both. Pick the one you want and it goes directly to the site with that fare, be it airline or other travel site.

Like Lila,aka Smiley Queen needs a postcount boost.:wink:

Hey, do you get anything for 2000 posts? I'm getting close.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I have to say, you guys are good. Wow. My coworkers would never let me hear the end of this one. lmao. They're convinced i must be getting some action. :lol:
men. :tsk:

WHA - I'm not sure where you would be flying from, and for what days. Try bookit.com - I saw some ATA flights (w/tax 618.30 from 4/6-4/10). There was a{n} U.S.Airways flight too that was $708.30 with taxes, all from St. Louis.

ThoraSEB said:
Hey there Carek! :wave:

Just watching the Slane DVD, and Bono just noticed the beach ball. :giggle:

I watched Slane before the ticket rush this morning. I needed the inspiration.

I'll give you a newfie greeting Carek,

How's she goin' by' ( but you have to say it really fast)

:wink:

Carek1230 said:

What does the greeting mean?

Lila--lookie you, turned into a pro on the travel research! :up:

It's just hey, hi, hello, only with a bit of colour.

I don't speak that way myself but many people from my home province of Newfoundland speak with a unique dialect. We are the Irish of Canada.:wink:

Actually "Whaddya at'" is popular too. There is a song by a newfie band called Great Big Sea titled "Whaddya At'" which explains everything.

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

Lila--lookie you, turned into a pro on the travel research! :up:

I just needed re-assurance early on that I was doing everything right and not missing anything. No problems really... just show me the way
kitty.gif

trevster2k said:

It's just hey, hi, hello, only with a bit of colour.

I don't speak that way myself but many people from my home province of Newfoundland speak with a unique dialect. We are the Irish of Canada.:wink:

Actually "Whaddya at'" is popular too. There is a song by a newfie band called Great Big Sea titled "Whaddya At'" which explains everything.

That reminds me of that TV ad for BoostMobile, WHERE YOU AT?

I think it's cool, having your own unique dialect! Will have to remember that and try it in Hawaii!

Here's an newfie joke, there are hundreds of them.

A newlywed Newfie sailor is informed by the navy that he’s going to be stationed a long way from home on a remote island in the South Pacific for 2 years. A few weeks after he gets there he really starts to miss his new wife, so he writes her a letter.

"My darling," he writes, "it looks like we’re going to be apart for a very long time. Already I’m starting to miss you and we’re constantly surrounded by young, attractive native girls. The temptation’s terrible. I need some kind of hobby to keep my mind off them."

His wife sends him back an accordion with a note reading, "Why don’t you learn to play this?"

Eventually his tour of duty comes to an end and the Newfie sailor rushes back to his wife. "Darling" he says, "I can’t wait to get you into bed so that we can make passionate love!"

But she stops him with a wave of her hand. "First, let’s see how well you play that accordion."

For a second I thought you said my name Carek - my real name is Sharon. Eyes are playing tricks on me!

You should come to Canada. It's beautiful, especially Vancouver. I'm not biased or anything. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom