Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks pretty good! .......

http://starbulletin.com/2006/01/15/news/story07.html

"Leonard didn't know yesterday if a second show on April 9 will be added. Show presenters did ask whether the stadium is available that day, he said, and it is. But no contract has been signed or announcement made by presenters The Next Adventure, RZO Productions, Live Nation and Shep Gordon, Leonard said."

I still don't get this huge box office line thing!!

Internet! Phone! Anything but standing in line to buy tix :huh:

Thanks for the article, adding this to the front of the thread :)

I agree. I think it might be alot of people on dialup, or those that expect the ticketmaster site to not work for them. So they figure that they'd rather get something than get shut out. Plus there is the experience of hanging out with fans(like we'll all do)

It's one thing to hang out in line all day when you know you're gonna get in for sure, etc. But hang out in line all day only to get to the box office and be told, hmm no, allt he thousands of people at home and via phone already beat you to it, and oh by the way, you look like hell

hmm no, not an experience I'd like to have, fellow fans around or not :wink:

Obviously, sleeping outside Aloha stadium isn't a big deal so that is good news for the campers, eh Miroslava.

Funny thing is that used to be the only way to get tickets until just a few years back.

I have done the line thing a few times, the worst being in line from 3am until 9am for Tragically Hip tickets.

I guess it is good news, I am just worried that they started the line at 4:00 PM for tickets! Wonder what that means for the actual GA line...

I swear, if it gets started retardely early, I am kicking asses! :mad:

I know it's months away, but I wasn't thinking of getting in line until early Saturday. Assuming(and hoping!) they have that front 'elipse' available to a few thousand, my only goal is to get in there.

I don't think they all did that, just a couple of people, actually I set up a poll on the group page asking what day would be best for a gathering and Friday is winning so far. I figured Friday wouldn't be so great as some of us would be heading down to get in line either late that night or early Sat morning.

I prefer Thursday myself.

Bah. I don't know what we're doing and won't til we get there. We'll be of course bringing gear just in case, but if the partying on the 7th is going full swing, that may be the way to go.

:dancing:
:drunk:
show up in line in the AM

We'll see. Too early to worry about this, it's just my natural instinct, but I need to fight it... :D

Miroslava said:
Alli, I see you lurking!

You owe me:

1. Portland pictures
2. Skank off pics

:madwife:

You're a tease! :angry:

*goes to perv out on the Bono/Edge thread at Pleba-

Actually, I was getting :drunk: last night too. I kept blue crack open so, no, wasn't lurking while you were posting you're :drunk: messages. :lol: :wink:

btw, how's your hangover???

and, yes, i owe you pics. just call me lazy. the portland ones are still on my camera and, then the thought of downloading onto snapfish....ugh. yep, i'm lazy. but i thought the skankoff was off??? vegas video was enough to count me as a skank/S.L.U.T.S classic! :D

No hangover at all. I was just loopy :drunk:

And yes, I suppose the video is enough... I still am probably winning though. Some "guy" (though one never knows these days when people pose as the opposite gender to do their flaming) posted some cute stuff about my Cleveland shirt at U2-V-T.com :happy:

Apparently I blinded him and Bono is a predictable pig :(

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
No hangover at all. I was just loopy :drunk:

And yes, I suppose the video is enough... I still am probably winning though. Some "guy" (though one never knows these days when people pose as the opposite gender to do their flaming) posted some cute stuff about my Cleveland shirt at U2-V-T.com :happy:

Apparently I blinded him and Bono is a predictable pig :(

I give up...you win...Queen of all Skanks!

It's good to blind fans at U2 concerts. Maybe the next time he'll watch the band, and not the rail skanks. Rail skanks are only for the 4 Irish men's eyes. :sexywink:

When I was up in San Jose, one local newspaper reported that I fell out of my shirt...possibly blinding him too. :lol:

I had to go watch the video to make sure said wardrobe malfunction didn't happen. Nope it didn't thanks to Hollywood tape! :D

Someone else said that I fell out of my shirt in Cleveland too... mysteriously my video doesn't show it either.

Wonder if these people are wearing those X-Ray glasses they used to sell in the back of magazines and that's how they're getting the full kit and caboodle.

Cheaters

:angry:

I hope we don't start getting Dr.'s invoices from all the people we blinded with our boobs throughout the tour. We already spent enough money :(

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:

I give up...you win...Queen of all Skanks!

It's good to blind fans at U2 concerts. Maybe the next time he'll watch the band, and not the rail skanks. Rail skanks are only for the 4 Irish men's eyes. :sexywink:

When I was up in San Jose, one local newspaper reported that I fell out of my shirt...possibly blinding him too. :lol:

I had to go watch the video to make sure said wardrobe malfunction didn't happen. Nope it didn't thanks to Hollywood tape! :D

I was at SJ and I didn't see any nip.:wink: Though it might be that I was blinded by jealousy!

Miroslava said:
I guess it is good news, I am just worried that they started the line at 4:00 PM for tickets! Wonder what that means for the actual GA line...

I swear, if it gets started retardely early, I am kicking asses! :mad:

I wouldn't worry - its not that they're fanatical - its the opposite. Hawaii is famously laid back. the lining up is more for the fact they're inexperienced with the major concert scene (I bet alot of them have never used TM) and a little behind the technology curve. you see a bunch of internet cafes as the general population is less wired than here. I don't see the GA line starting that early or many people showing up til the afternoon

Well, it will be Friday night in Honolulu, so hopefully the line wont start until well past a nice dinner, some tasty beverages and some :dance:

:D

weinerdog said:
U-Two?!?! ....lol.....and sold out in an hour? I think not.

http://www.kpua.net/news.php?id=7264

the guy who wrote that -
tool.gif

u2rulesmyworld said:
Good to see you all are already worrying about when the GA line will form

I plan on lining up on the 6th

I think i liked it better when you just trolled the A/V forum

:wave:

weinerdog said:
I agree Trev, but I'm not getting there until Friday afternoon so I couldn't pick Thursday.

Yeah, good point, I realized that while I was just cleaning the house.:yes:

u2rulesmyworld said:
Good to see you all are already worrying about when the GA line will form

I plan on lining up on the 6th

that is sad - you'll have to get a number from me then since I plan on being there on the 5th
:wink:

perhaps we can just have the party in the GA line
:hmm:

Right now, it looks like there are probably about 700 are so tickets available about 24 hours after going on sale. Sections A and AA don't appear to have been touched. Section BB probably still has several dozen tickets left and I don't know if they started to sell section B yet or sold it out. Those sections on the 5th level have about 250 seats each. Plus with the singles combined there are still probably around 700 seats available.

If the ticket situation remains the same for the next 24 hours, it could take days or more to completely sellout. As the band will want to play to a fully soldout show for their last show of the tour, right not it seems unlikely that a second show will be added. A second show will definitely be slower in sales than the first.

If they go with a second show, right now it looks like the upper 5th level would probably still be empty by show time for that second show, with most of the other sections almost or completely full. Just a rough guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom