Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
Travelocity and Expedia, with travelocity, you can cancel up to 3 days before arrival for $25.00 :drool:

try hotels.com you can get one

total is $718 no free night

Last edited:
As I seemed to recall, with the higher rate and their booking fees, it was still more expensive to go through hotels.com even with the free night... :hmm:

try bookit.com - I saw some lower rates there and special offers for the hotels I was looking into (on the beach)

edited: I don't know what dates the rest of you are looking at, and how many per room. But I saw the Ohana Maile (whatever) for as low as $83, and a couple of others that might have been close, dollarwise. Location - I dunno...

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
try bookit.com - I saw some lower rates there and special offers for the hotels I was looking into (on the beach)

That's what I used - still prepay, but in installments, with 80% of it due in March (and still refundable if you have to cancel). Still waiting for a second confirmation e-mail from them though.

Nightsong said:
I got $90 at the Ohana too but it was first night free if you stay for 5 at hotels.com

Do you think we should warn them? Maybe they will put us all on the same floor? :)

I would think that from their perspective they would rather you were all confined in a smaller area. Best to cut down on exposing you to the "regular" vacationers. :wink:

For those looking for a hotel:

You can also try priceline or hotwire.

At priceline, you can name your own price

And hotwire is cheaper too, 'cause you won't see which hotel you will get until you book, but you can select the area you wanna stay in.

From what I remember, the Ohana Maile Skycourt is near downtown Waikiki.
Quite a distance away from the Aloha Stadium.
You would have to rent a car or take public transportation to get to the concert.

Some hotels (if not most of them on Oahu) also charge you at least $10 to park your car in their parking lot.

(Just checked it's $15 dollars at the Ohana Maile Skycourt)

Miringeltje said:
From what I remember, the Ohana Maile Skycourt is near downtown Waikiki.
Quite a distance away from the Aloha Stadium.
You would have to rent a car or take public transportation to get to the concert.

Some hotels (if not most of them on Oahu) also charge you at least $10 to park your car in their parking lot.

(Just checked it's $15 dollars at the Ohana Maile Skycourt)

15 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn them!!

LOL!

There's nothing REALLY close to the arena... closest airport hotels are 3-4 miles, so hardly walkable if in a hurry... as for parking, MOST hotels charge for parking regardless of where you go... nothing very shocking there :shrug:

Miroslava said:
There's nothing REALLY close to the arena... closest airport hotels are 3-4 miles, so hardly walkable if in a hurry... as for parking, MOST hotels charge for parking regardless of where you go... nothing very shocking there :shrug:

Sadly, I know this and well parking will just be an added expense!! However, most of the hotels I say at have free parking.

Sigh!

Lila64 said:

edited: I don't know what dates the rest of you are looking at, and how many per room. But I saw the Ohana Maile (whatever) for as low as $83, and a couple of others that might have been close, dollarwise. Location - I dunno...

Lila! You're getting good at this!

So what have you guys decided to do yet?

Did you book anything?

We're in the Best Western Honolulu which is near the airport and 4 mi from the stadium, but they offer free airport transportation AND public transportation is right outside AND they have a hotel van that offers taxi service.....I bet they would take us to the stadium if there were enough of us, I think their minimum is 3 passengers.

u2forlife said:
Miri, hope things work out so that you can make it :hug:

So do I.
But I have to be realistic and it probably won't happen.
For $1188 I can almost fly to Europe twice.
And that's even during peak season.
+
They'd have to add a second show on the 9th.
If they don't I'm out as well.

u2forlife said:
Miri, hope things work out so that you can make it :hug:

Your avatar and sign:drool:

GAWD DANG that is hot!!!

Back to topic: What should I bring besides the OFF spray to the GA camp?
I do not think we will need much since the weather should be really nice there.

Miroslava said:

I know.
They're just trying to get as much money out of their space as possible.

To be honest, I don't agree with having to pay for a parking spot, if you are a staying at that hotel as an hotel guest.
It should be complementary.
Just my opinion, of course.

I guess you could say I'm not too fond to pay money for parking.
Such a waste of money.
Think of all the other things you could have bought with it!

Then again $15 is nothing compared to the rates I saw in Amsterdam.
40 euro.
Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:

GAWD DANG that is hot!!!

there are no bugs in Hawaii - well, not flying ones that OFF will take care of. seriously, no mosquitos.

I recommend sunscreen and deodorant. it'll also rain at the drop of a hat, but maybe only 20 minutes then bright sunshine again.

Carmelu2fan said:

GAWD DANG that is hot!!!

I'm bringing lots and lots of skanky tops so that I can read about myself on Interference when I return. :hyper: I can't wait! :drool:

My avatar and sig: Thanks :heart:

My suggestion: trash bags. They're great for all kinds of reasons and you cah fold one up really tiny and fit in in your pocket. I have one of those nifty little plastic holders that holds maybe 5 trash bags in it that I keep in my car or take camping or to events.....trash bags are great for rain.

Hawaii has cockroaches. The first time we went we were so in awe with the wonderful smell when we got off the plane in Honolulu (it's probably now a huge lungfull of jet fuel smell, ack! :mad: ) But it's a beautiful airport....anyway I was sitting with the luggage while the then hubby went to get the rental car and a HUGE....and I mean the size of a freaking CIGAR HUGE cockroach came meandering out from these plants.....OMG....I wanted to scream but I let him go on his merry way.

Alright, so definitely bringing my tent

:yikes:

:sick:

ETA: And that is a lovely sig/av combo Kimla... but I just noticed Bono's hat and how retardedly high it is placed on his head... :lol: He's such a :cute: dork...

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

Hawaii has cockroaches. The first time we went we were so in awe with the wonderful smell when we got off the plane in Honolulu (it's probably now a huge lungfull of jet fuel smell, ack! :mad: ) But it's a beautiful airport....anyway I was sitting with the luggage while the then hubby went to get the rental car and a HUGE....and I mean the size of a freaking CIGAR HUGE cockroach came meandering out from these plants.....OMG....I wanted to scream but I let him go on his merry way.

early 1950's atomic testing in the pacific has given rise to a super civilization of advanced poodle sized cockroaches. while particularly ravenous, they can in fact be trained and make quiet, friendly domestic pets.

:grossedout:

:barf:

Since moving out of my parents house a few years ago, I have learnt to kill my own spiders and other assorted minor bugs, but I draw the line at squishing cockroaches... so I am requesting an official cockroach squisher to stand by in case of emergency

:flirt:

u2forlife said:
I'm bringing lots and lots of skanky tops so that I can read about myself on Interference when I return. :hyper: I can't wait! :drool:

My avatar and sig: Thanks :heart:

Tyran deodorant is something I use everyday anyway!!!:shifty:

I will be sure to get plenty of those skanky tops or as my Mom calls them "hussy"tops:giggle:

I think since this is the last show of the tour we should give the Interference people something to REALLY talk about!:sexywink:

:lol:

tryan101 said:

early 1950's atomic testing in the pacific has given rise to a super civilization of advanced poodle sized cockroaches. while particularly ravenous, they can in fact be trained and make quiet, friendly domestic pets.

:scream:

Miroslava said:
:grossedout:

:barf:

Since moving out of my parents house a few years ago, I have learnt to kill my own spiders and other assorted minor bugs, but I draw the line at squishing cockroaches... so I am requesting an official cockroach squisher to stand by in case of emergency

:flirt:

I'm willing to squish cockroaches in exchange for a free plane ticket to Hawaii! :wink:

Miroslava said:
ETA: And that is a lovely sig/av combo Kimla... but I just noticed Bono's hat and how retardedly high it is placed on his head... :lol: He's such a :cute: dork...
Thanks Miroslava. You noticed the hat and my eyes were glued on the microphone. Tells ya where my thoughts are :drool:
Did someone say that Laura (Stories for Boys) and Erin (Eep) were coming? That's great! :dancing: :hyper:

I'm with you Miroslava. Cockroaches :barf:

ThoraSEB said:

I'm willing to squish cockroaches in exchange for a free plane ticket to Hawaii! :wink:

Hmmm, yeah, I can just stay in my tent thanks :wave:

:lol:

'sides I am pretty sure I can talk Mr. Bacardi into squishing cockroaches if need be :hmm:

*adds Bacardi to the list of things to bring. It's as good as currency*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom