Hawaii, April 8 Aloha Stadium Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am traveling with my two tents for my party, quite possibly two air mattresses and car outlet/ A/C power converter to give juice for the mattresses. All fits into a handy dandy roller bag.

<---pwincess

So Chrissi's description of my set up wasn't too far off :lol:

Lila64 said:
do you guys travel with the chairs, tents and such, or do you try & buy them cheaply in HI?

I bring crazy creek chairs. I've never been to Hawaii, but I'm getting the idea that nothing is cheap....

Altho for food, from the looks of stadium aerial shots there doesn't look like much is around there so those of us without vehicles are going to count on those with rental vehicles to make the food and drink runs!

LINE BUDDIES!

In Vegas a friend of ours went to a nearby store and bought $10 fold up chairs that stuff into a bag with a strap you can carry. They were really nice. I don't know about taking one on the plane, but if there's a way to buy one there in Hawaii I would do that and then give it away or leave it there.

Miroslava said:
I am traveling with my two tents for my party, quite possibly two air mattresses and car outlet/ A/C power converter to give juice for the mattresses. All fits into a handy dandy roller bag.

<---pwincess

So Chrissi's description of my set up wasn't too far off :lol:

:shifty:

I'm ashamed for you - no central air or plumbing? :tsk:

I believe that I'll just hit up the local wal-mart when I get there

u2forlife said:
What's ABC again :scratch: I read it somewhere before, but can't remember....

ABC is one of those sort of Rexall or Longs Drugs type sundry shops, all over Hawaii and they carry all kinds of stuff. Get your souveniers in ABC shops for MUCH cheaper than other stores, gift shops, hotels or at the airport.

Carek1230 said:

ABC is one of those sort of Rexall or Longs Drugs type sundry shops, all over Hawaii and they carry all kinds of stuff. Get your souveniers in ABC shops for MUCH cheaper than other stores, gift shops, hotels or at the airport.

That sounds like the best option for me becuse I do not think I want to lug all the stuff around the airport.

I strong like bull

I lug two bags on wheels. No problem.

*thumps chest*

You should have seen me for Portland... I had a large suitcase (not a weekender carry on bag) for winter GA clothes and the tent bag with a tent, 2 sleeping bags and an air mattress, thermal blankets, 3 pairs of gloves, hand and foot warmers and who knows what else... :lol:

swiped from a couple different posts on the zoo:

"Aloha Stadium (I'm about 10-15 minutes (dependent on traffic) from it myself) is near a residential area really. The Arizona memorial and Richardson field (military installation) is across the street from the Aloha Stadium parking. Good news is that there is food not too far from the stadium, but it's a bit of a hike - there's the Stadium Mall (with a few fast food places and a couple restaurants) and there's a grocery store across from it with a K-Mart, McD's, Starbucks and Jamba Juice. Just FYI for those who want to plan ahead."
While renting a car is more convienient, our gas prices here are high and parking & traffic at the Aloha Stadium is crazy.

If you are staying in the Waikiki area, there is a public bus called, The Bus, Route 42 (Waikiki to Ewa Beach) and Route 20 (Waikiki-Airport-Pearlridge) passes by Aloha Stadium. It will take about 45min-1hr (if no traffic) to get there. You can check out the bus website at: www.thebus.org

Single bus fare (one-way) is $2.00. If you are staying for a few days, they sell a four-day passport pass for $20 for unlimited travel on the bus and are sold at ABC stores in Waikiki.

Do you think I will need all of that?:uhoh: I really do not want to pack alot. I do need to get a tent. *runs to make list*

No, like I said, I am just a pwincess...

:lol:

I mean, I do all my own stuff, I can set up the tent in 5 minutes all by myself no big... but I am not sleeping like a bum on the street :reject:

I am not only a skanky rail ho, I am a pwincessy skanky rail ho... :wink:

Miroslava said:
No, like I said, I am just a princess...

I mean, I do all my own stuff, I can set up the tent in 5 minutes all by myself no big... but I am not sleeping like a bum on the street :reject:

after sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground I am of the opinion that the air mattress is a must. My own informal survey was that these things were essential
1. Tent
2. Fold out golf chairs
3. Air mattress
4. Sleeping bag
5. Tarp
6. Water/fruit/crap junk food/soda
7. Light
8. iPod/books/crap magazines

:reject: am also pretty princess

Miroslava said:
I strong like bull

I lug two bags on wheels. No problem.

*thumps chest*

You should have seen me for Portland... I had a large suitcase (not a weekender carry on bag) for winter GA clothes and the tent bag with a tent, 2 sleeping bags and an air mattress, thermal blankets, 3 pairs of gloves, hand and foot warmers and who knows what else... :lol:

...the lovely silver skirt wrap??? :shifty:

I never have brough chairs, never missed them...

I probably will not bring a sleeping bag, just a couple bed sheets and MAYBE a light banket if I can fit it

Never brought a tarp, for cold/wet GA lines, I just used the thermal blankets to throw under the tent fly... worked beautifully :drool:

Brought lights, but never needed them... probably will bring just in case

Brought ipod to the first couple shows. Used it for about 5 minutes. Too busy :blahblah: and keeping an eye for line cutter :madwife: Same for mags....

Pwincessy GAers :heart:

Miroslava said:
No, like I said, I am just a pwincess...

I am not only a skanky rail ho, I am a pwincessy skanky rail ho... :wink:

:lol: I feel ya, we got to camp out in style!! *adds little motor fan to list*

Miroslava said:

:yes:

I had about 8 of those blankies though..

Did they really work? I've always wondered about them (I have one in my car in case of emergency) :reject:

I remember seeing so many of those packages littering the ground in Portland of those small pocket warmer thingies!

If I do GA, I'm thinkin' air mattress too. Wonder if I can find a really cheap one that I can throw away...

Doesn't help for joining the GA line in the wee hours, but I notice for the really major events at the stadium they run special buses from Waikiki and downtown to and from the stadium before and after. I would think U2 would qualify as a major event. <fingers crossed>

Carek1230 said:

Did they really work? I've always wondered about them (I have one in my car in case of emergency) :reject:

I remember seeing so many of those packages littering the ground in Portland of those small pocket warmer thingies!

They work fairly ok, provided you have something warm underneath too... so if I had just been wearing a skanky top and tried to throw that over, no it would not have worked :lol:

And litterers!! :madwife:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
The ones I have (2 single size, but put together the cover the entire surface of my main tent :love: ) are the fancy AeroBed ones but they're my moms :drool: So I just borrowed them starting with Pittsburgh...

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=105842

I think they're about $100.00 or so?

Whoa...fancy. And heavy mothers too to lug around. They are comfy though, I end up on the Aerobed every Christmas at my parents' in Florida...

Pop Artist said:

Whoa...fancy. And heavy mothers too to lug around. They are comfy though, I end up on the Aerobed every Christmas at my parents' in Florida...

Wheels :drool:

And I strong like bull :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom