Has Anyone Received Their Portland Gen Sale Tix Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I received my Portland pre-sale GA tickets on St. Patrick's Day, but these did come UPS not USPS (I was so freaked out by all the TM mess that I paid the extra charge).

I did just get my Seattle tickets on Thursday through USPS (I snagged late release tix for the 4/24 show). I noticed that the postmark on these tickets was from somewhere on the East Coast (West Virginia or North Carolina I believe). If you're on the West Coast, that might be the reason for the delay.

I went through the venue and got 2 $52 dollar tickets. I hope that means GA, she didn't really know anything about GA. Yes I talked to a REAL live person. Is anybody really sure about the $52 tickets? See You There!

Taylor.M. said:
I went through the venue and got 2 $52 dollar tickets. I hope that means GA, she didn't really know anything about GA. Yes I talked to a REAL live person. Is anybody really sure about the $52 tickets? See You There!

Unfortunately, there is a strong chance that your $52 tickets are upper level seats and not GA. For an arena constructed by Paul Allen (the man who helped start Microsoft and who owns Ticketmaster), the Rose Garden box office staff are absurdly unversed in ticketing technology and lack a modicum of knowledge about their own arena.

Case in point...when tickets for Bono's speaking engagement last October for the World Affairs Council went on sale, my best friend and I thought we would get our tickets in person at the Rose Garden since the online map was not showing the seating arrangement for a lecture. We arrived at 9am when the box office opened, but the tickets were not scheduled to go on sale until 10am. We were the only people there to buy tickets for Bono's speech so we were confident that we had made the correct choice. The first staff person didn't know about the event all. She then hailed a second person who knew about the event, but did have difficulty finding the correct event information in the system and the appropriate seating chart. The topper was that this girl couldn't get her computer to work when tickets went on sale at 10am. Luckily, a supervisor stepped in and helped get us good seats for this special event. Needless to say, we sweat it out a bit.

It's so sad that arena with such strong bonds to a computer genius is so poorly equipped to handle day-to-day functions and is clueless as to the events/set-up just across the courtyard from the box office. But I guess that's what happens when said genius doesn't have the necessary business savvy to run an arena subsequently forcing the arena to claim Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection (as it did last year).

Good luck with your tickets. I truly hope that none of the above is applicable to your situation and that you have awesome seats for December's show.

Hmm... I guess they were sent pony express to the east coast. (The two posters that have said that they received their general sale tix were on the west coast.) Seriously though, when should I start panicking?

MTEdge said:
Hmm... I guess they were sent pony express to the east coast. (The two posters that have said that they received their general sale tix were on the west coast.) Seriously though, when should I start panicking?

Any luck yet?

No luck. I called them today, and was told that they were mailed in Mid-March. TM will not cancel the tix and issue new ones until 48 hours before show time.

I'm still not sure if everyone has received their Portland general sale tix though. For example, I've seen no one post a picture of Portland tix on ebay.

OK, the panic is slowly starting to set in...

Just some additional information: While I'm not sure of the exact date I received them, my order date was March 8, and the postmark was March 25 from zip code 23462 which is Virginia Beach.

Oh yeah. I was also told the tix were printed in Virginia Beach. I guess I have to wait until the false god TB deems me worthy of my portland tix. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom