for those going to hawaii....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innominata8

War Child
FYI, i came across this bit of info from a guy selling tickets on ebay:

Just letting All the U2 fans coming to Hawaii know that The HONOLULU MARATHON 2006 is on December 10th 2006 at 5:00am this year. (http://www.honolulumarathon.org/) That event brings in 15,000+ out of state runners plus there families(est. 35,000 visitors for the race that weekend) so by all means confirm all your Air, Car, and Hotels ASAP.

no worries though...everything will work out!!

anyhow, I'm sure we'll be camped out for the show on the 8th so we won't even notice the traffic//

:rockon:

Arrrgh, and the people I'm going with are partying it up at ComiCON until Monday. As if I'm not antsy enough to get this stuff locked down!
:rolleyes:

BTW, hello. *iz occasional lurker, newbie poster*

I've been checking into airfare and hotels for Honolulu and I've been amazed with how decent the prices are, and there doesn't seem to be any shortage of hotel rooms.

NO WORRIES!

I actually snagged frequent flyer award tickets on Continental, at the base Hawaii rate. WOOHOO!!!

Mark

kramwest1 said:
I've been checking into airfare and hotels for Honolulu and I've been amazed with how decent the prices are, and there doesn't seem to be any shortage of hotel rooms.

NO WORRIES!

I actually snagged frequent flyer award tickets on Continental, at the base Hawaii rate. WOOHOO!!!

Mark

Yeah, I was looking around for the heck of it last night and it looks like a lot of rooms opened up and prices dropped a bit since I had last looked a few weeks back.

kramwest1 said:

yeah, it's weird.. I was able to get a Saver United Award, nonstop to Hawaii, no problem!

I hope the hotels are as easy!

True..how far is Pearl Harbor from Aloha stadium? I forgot all about that place being on Hawaii haah...

so focused on VERTIGO//

macfesto said:
True..how far is Pearl Harbor from Aloha stadium?
here ya go:
mapquest directions

It won't take you too long to get from one to the other. The visitor center for the USS Arizona is basically right next to the stadium.

kramwest1 said:

This time of December is actually a down time for travel to hawaii...good for us booking Frequent Flyer tickets!

Flights out of Minneapolis were still fairly expensive (no suprise there).

man...this trip is going to be insane!! I still can't believe it....

We should all promise to wear U2 shirts everyday of our respective stays...as to be easily identified

I'll get one with MACFESTO across the back hahaha//

Did you go to the link Trevster listed and *register* on their database page for your travel dates, where you are staying, etc? This way you can be on the look out. My friends and I are going to be wearing U2 attire for sure...and I am looking forward to meeting LOTS of Interferencers all over the place! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom