Fan-organised queuing in Twickenham / The queue system in Brussels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

punkiku

Babyface
Could anyone who had GA tickets for Brussels tell something about the queueing there?

I'm going to the 2nd Twickenham show, 19th June (sunday a week from now). Maybe a farshot, but thought I might ask: anyone happen to know if there's going to be any fan-organised queuing system there?

I'm damn angry at Ticketmaster, really. I'm going with three friends, and managed to get tickets through Ticketmaster. I'm in Finland, and originally they said they do send tickets overseas. So I selected that option when buying the tickets. They were supposed to arrive 10 days before the event, but when there was no sight of them, I emailed Ticketmaster. Got back the answer that they're not sending them after all, they're holding them for collection at the box office at the venue. Did they send me any update of the change of plans? Of course not. The worst thing is I can only get the tickets on the concert date, from 2 p.m. Specifically asked if I could go to the venue on the previous concert day and get the tickets, but they said no. Me and my friends have GA tickets so this makes queuing very difficult.

The reason I was about fan-organised queuing system is I've been thinking perhaps it would be possible if me and my friends queued earlier and then I'd slip out of the queue to get the tickets at 2 p.m., then come back. Other people in the queue might not like it though, me going away and then marching past them back to my place.

i have this same problem, but at Manchester 1 show-- tickets don't arrive until 4pm there, so consider yourself lucky you get yours at 2pm. Anyway, I expect quite a long queue itself for the box office pick up, so even if your friends and fellow queuers do save you a spot, you'll be in line for the box office for awhile, too. The only option I see is your friends saving you a spot inside the venue.

Fille Friday said:
i The only option I see is your friends saving you a spot inside the venue.

The problem is that it was I who got tickets for my friends: noticed one day that ticketmaster had more tickets on sale, and I used my credit card to buy them for my friends, because they might have been sold out by the time they read my email about it. So, since you can only get the tickets at the box office if you show the credit card used for buying them, I am the only person who can get the tickets. My friends can't go inside the venue before me, not having tickets.

I hate ticketmaster...

Brussels was a bit different from other shows. There were 2 types of GA tickets. I had the more expensive one which allowed access to the front. I walked past my section on the way to the hotel. When I arrived at 4pm there was a small queue, however some people had made it into the stadium already. I guess they must have been there very early as they got in before the official doors open time.

I didn't get into the pit but I was right next to it. It was very easy for me to get there, it wasn't busy. I think the UK will be more difficult since there is only 1 type of GA ticket. Good luck!

Well I was in Brussels and as told there were two kind of tickets. Ik had the expensive one. We were there at 3 in the afternoon. At 3.30 they opened the gate and we got in with I thing 250 others. The others and the later arrivals got in later ( I dont know we were in the stadium then). There is no ring but a horseshoe kind of thing. We were 2 meters from the stage and had to sit down and wait. During the concert we had enough room to walk from one site of the shoehorse to the other. We made a lot of photos and Bono posed several times:)

In Amsterdam there is 1 kind of ticket for GA. So ill wait but so close to all the bandmembers, i think I will never be again during a concert.

Last edited:
I have the same issue for the Twickenham concerts except am heading out by myself for that show. Also, once inside the venue can people "save" your spots (if you had to use the washroom before the show starts) or is that frowned upon?

How early did you have to line up to be near the stage?

well, as told i queud at 3 in the afternoon because of the different tickets.
I did not drink from 3 till after the concert, because we were so close to the stage. When some one left and tried to get beck with drinks orso he had a hell of a time to get their place back. (and the queu for the toilet and srinks was very very long, it took him more than 45 minutes:huh:

Back
Top Bottom