Extra Manchester date - still selling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aardvark

The Fly
It's been on sale for an hour and a half and it's still not sold out.

Come on people of England - get your mitts on some tickets!!

You can still get them on seetickets.com

Maybe this bodes well for the 3rd leg. Most people will already have tickets that want them. Might not be so much hassle second time round.

Well at £94 inc booking fee for a second tier seat I am not surprised it isnt sold out.
Thats 140 euro for a ticket and is outrageous.

Fano said:
Well at £94 inc booking fee for a second tier seat I am not surprised it isnt sold out.
Thats 140 euro for a ticket and is outrageous.
well the first manchester gig was the same price, and completly sold out that days allocation at around 2:30

boystupidboy said:
.£190 for 2 seats,fuck,thats a bit steep:ohmy:
To be honest M8 thats outrageous.
Why are the prices in the UK so high ?
Its greed in my opinion.
50 pounds for a ticket is a fair price ,maybe 60 ,anymore and it isnt worth it.
I paid 45 pounds for Elevation in Manchester .
Now its 95 and the capacity is 2.5 times what it was indoors.
That doesnt make sense.

Last edited:
Fano said:

To be honest M8 thats outrageous.
Why are the prices in the UK so high ?
Its greed in my opinion.
50 pounds for a ticket is a fair price ,maybe 60 ,anymore and it isnt worth it.
I paid 45 pounds for Elevation in Manchester .
Now its 95 and the capacity is 2.5 times what it was indoors.
That doesnt make sense.
the whole concert market is expensive, its as simple as that, most "less-known" bands are also charing at least £30 a tickets

REM's summer tour gigs are £35 but U2's are £50. Why is that? I know U2 are a better band but why the price difference when they are both playing stadiums is beyond me. Anyone want to explain?:huh:

rjhbonovox said:
REM's summer tour gigs are £35 but U2's are £50. Why is that? I know U2 are a better band but why the price difference when they are both playing stadiums is beyond me. Anyone want to explain?:huh:

Supply and demand. REM are fading away, their latest material hasn't exactly gone down as classic. U2 are the hot ticket and still riding high.

REM hasnt ever had the fanbase of U2 and anybody that says differently is kidding themselves.

Yahweh said:
REM hasnt ever had the fanbase of U2 and anybody that says differently is kidding themselves.

Mmmm still doesn't explain the difference in cost. Is it just greed? Does the band need the money? I thought they played live cos they love us fans???? heheheh

R.E.M seem to be playing the cricket ground? so it will be cheaper to stage, rather than taking a football stadium

rjhbonovox said:

Mmmm still doesn't explain the difference in cost. Is it just greed? Does the band need the money? I thought they played live cos they love us fans???? heheheh

No need for snide accusations.

Less fans = less demand = lower ticket cost. That's REM.
More fans = more demand = higher ticket cost. That's U2.

Axver said:

No need for snide accusations.

Less fans = less demand = lower ticket cost. That's REM.
More fans = more demand = higher ticket cost. That's U2.

God, you really can't allow a little bit of a joke against anything U2 does. Fuckin hell I seen some up tight fuckers in my time but you take the biscuit! Chill man!:wink:

U2 - bigger show - more expensive to stage plus - as they've proved - they can sell out any stadium and even if the tickets were £100 each I'm sure they'd still have sold out.

REM - less demand - if they charged £50 they wouldn't sell enough tickets - even at £35 they haven't sold any of their stadium gigs out yet.

You've all missed the point of why there are tickets still available.

The plain and simple reason is that in the UK you can only have 4 TICKETS FOR 1 CONCERT PER HOUSEHOLD. We have had to use 9 SEPERATE family and friends credit cards so that we could go to all the UK shows. A lot of peopel dont have access to loads of different credt cards we 've been lucky.

But I would like an explanationas to why our tickets are the most expensive of the tour, maybe we are subsidising the cheap american tickets!!

Bono's Tart said:
You've all missed the point of why there are tickets still available.

The plain and simple reason is that in the UK you can only have 4 TICKETS FOR 1 CONCERT PER HOUSEHOLD. We have had to use 9 SEPERATE family and friends credit cards so that we could go to all the UK shows. A lot of peopel dont have access to loads of different credt cards we 've been lucky.

But I would like an explanationas to why our tickets are the most expensive of the tour, maybe we are subsidising the cheap american tickets!!

All the uk shows? You are greedy!:wink:

Maybe they're the most expensive because...gee I don't know, it's........in a stadium!

Try booking a little civic centre versus a punting stadium and compare the cost.

rjhbonovox said:

All the uk shows? You are greedy!:wink:

Whoo hoo!!
All 8 of them big deal not many shows is it in the grand scheme of things??:huh: :eyebrow:

Some towns/cities are nearly getting as many shows as the full UK leg or at least they will be when the 3rd leg is announced!

Bono's Tart said:
The plain and simple reason is that in the UK you can only have 4 TICKETS FOR 1 CONCERT PER HOUSEHOLD.
B]

Where does it say that? It says on Ticketmaster and U2.com that you can only buy tickets for 1 show using the one access code. I read nothing about credit card or household.

Also, can tickets be cancelleda after they've been recieved?

Do you get told if they've bn cancelled?

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Bono's Tart said:

Whoo hoo!!
All 8 of them big deal not many shows is it in the grand scheme of things??:huh: :eyebrow:

Some towns/cities are nearly getting as many shows as the full UK leg or at least they will be when the 3rd leg is announced!

Consider yourself lucky as they're only playing 2 dates in their own home country.....:( :(

Back
Top Bottom