Extra Manchester date - still selling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pre sale code was one show BUT TM ruling is 4 TICKETS PER HOUSEHOLD you cannot use the same credit cards or address as they will cancel your tickets.

And yes we have had tickets cancelled, no the dont tell you they have been cancelled, and if you have made multiple bookings using the same credit card and billing address you wont get the tickets.

I got my 2nd Manchester tickets on Friday morning on TM booking line and it kept repeating 4 tickets for 1 show per household. They are also cross checking with other booking agents as well.

So if you have booked more than one show with the same credit cards IF they havent already cancelled the tickets you need to contact TM urgently with different credit cards and billing address.

So if they don't tell you, how did you know they were cancelled?

I booked 4 Glasgow tix seccessfully during the presale and 1 Manc 2nd ticket in the general sale last week, also successfully.

I heard about this so called policy and booked anothe Manc ticket through lastminute.com just incase my other ticket had been cancelled.

Can they be cancelled after they've been receieved?

I sent them an e-mail asking them about it, i'll try phoning them if i get no response.

financeguy said:

Consider yourself lucky as they're only playing 2 dates in their own home country.....:( :(

I dont consider myself lucky when I see where the vast majority of shows are being played.

But I have to agree about only 2 shows in Ireland, I never understand why they do this.:|

rjhbonovox said:
REM's summer tour gigs are £35 but U2's are £50. Why is that? I know U2 are a better band but why the price difference when they are both playing stadiums is beyond me. Anyone want to explain?:huh:

Its the law of supply and demand. U2 has always set ticket prices based on their market value. U2 with the exception of the Rolling Stones is the most in demand live artist on the planet. The higher the demand to see the artist, the higher the ticket price will be.

I phoned ticketmaster and spoke to an operator.

Bono's tart, you didnt need to use 8 or 9 different cards and addresses unless you wanted to buy all your tickets in the presale. Providing you only use your presale code once, you can buy tickets for as many shows as you want using the same card.

HUGE sigh of relief. AH.

Last edited:
Matty B said:
I phoned ticketmaster and spoke to an operator.

Bono's tart, you didnt need to use 8 or 9 different cards and addresses unless you wanted to buy all your tickets in the presale. Providing you only use your presale code once, you can buy tickets for as many shows as you want using the same card.

Are you certain about that? Is this for the England shows? There is nothing in the statement online to indicate the limitation was only for presale tickets, it seems to apply for every onsale they've had. Why would Ticketbastard be so vague, and cause so much needless confusion, if there was really no 4 ticket limit for All shows in England.

I think its for any tickets anywhere, i got presale glasgow tix and a general sale Manchester. The guy was certain, i asked like 4 times to make sure i got it straight - You can buy tickets (4 max) for as many shows as you like using the same card providing you use your code once, from the horse's (no disrespect to TM) mouth.

So who is the idiot at TM that approved the online statement about this limitation. There is absolutely Nothing in it mentioning the Presale or the Code. Only that there is a 4 ticket limit for All Shows Combined. If what you're saying is true, and I don't doubt that you found this out, then they are even more incompetent at disrespectful to their customers than I thought.

Once again another bonehead result of their poor planning.

It really is all very confusing.

I'd strongly advise you to phone them yourself and find out the situation cos theres a lot of uncertainty goin about.

Bono's Tart said:
They are also cross checking with other booking agents as well.

Please don't worry about this happening!

I would be extremely suprised if they do this, as far as I am concerned this is a breach of the Data Protection Act.
Any of my personal data that one booking agent has, is confidential, and cannot be shared with another party without my permission.

STING2 said:
Its the law of supply and demand. U2 has always set ticket prices based on their market value.

The supply and demand argument only works for Stadiums, since there's really no other larger venues to play in after that. So I actually agree with you on this one to a certain extent for this year in Europe. But nowhere else.

STING2 said:
U2 with the exception of the Rolling Stones is the most in demand live artist on the planet. The higher the demand to see the artist, the higher the ticket price will be.

Pink Floyd are the largest draw in the world. The Rolling Stones are second, followed by The Eagles & U2, as I've shown you countless times. I don't know why you wish to keep denying that?

NoControl said:

The supply and demand argument only works for Stadiums, since there's really no other larger venues to play in after that. So I actually agree with you on this one to a certain extent for this year in Europe. But nowhere else.

Pink Floyd are the largest draw in the world. The Rolling Stones are second, followed by The Eagles & U2, as I've shown you countless times. I don't know why you wish to keep denying that?

Are you trying to say that Pink Floyd would sell more tickets than U2 if to tour this year.

I don't think so.

Matty B said:
I think its for any tickets anywhere, i got presale glasgow tix and a general sale Manchester. The guy was certain, i asked like 4 times to make sure i got it straight - You can buy tickets (4 max) for as many shows as you like using the same card providing you use your code once, from the horse's (no disrespect to TM) mouth.

Sorry but the person has told you wrong for definate.

This 4 tickets per household for the UK leg of the tour was for the GENERAL sale nothing to do with pre sale codes at all.

There have been hundreds of UK fans who have had their tickets put on hold and because this was all over the net most not all managed to contact TM with alternative card info.

This announcement was even on the telephone booking line on Friday for the second Manchester date so I have no idea what the idiot from TM was telling you.

Just as a footnote I had this confirmed by PM in Dublin as well.

Most of the agencies selling tickets still ahve to go through TM and the few I have seen all have athe same disclaimer on 4 tickets per household. The cross check the postcode and then the billing address and if the card ahs been used before it flags it up.

Sorry but thats the situation.

Hope your tickets work out for you.

Sorry BT, but i'd have to go with what the TM master guy told me, despite all the hassle they've caused recently. The guy seemed certain on the phone about what he was saying and he works for Ticketmaster, if i can't take their word on something like this, then who's can i take?

Again I'm sorry, not calling you a liar, I might even phone again to see if i get a different response but at the moment I'm going by what I've been told by TM.

It is interesting to know how you actually know all this stuff btw.

Bono's Tart said:

Most of the agencies selling tickets still ahve to go through TM and the few I have seen all have athe same disclaimer on 4 tickets per household.

Indeed the disclaimers are all the same, and they do appear on all of the websites. In the case of Seetickets (aka wayahead) in the UK, they are totally independent from TM, so there won't be any situation where they go through TM, although some of the other european agents do.

I hope that everyone gets all of their tickets too :)

Matty B said:
Sorry BT, but i'd have to go with what the TM master guy told me, despite all the hassle they've caused recently. The guy seemed certain on the phone about what he was saying and he works for Ticketmaster, if i can't take their word on something like this, then who's can i take?

Again I'm sorry, not calling you a liar, I might even phone again to see if i get a different response but at the moment I'm going by what I've been told by TM.

It is interesting to know how you actually know all this stuff btw.
I think BT is right. If you look at the ordering page of TM sight it clearly states what the restriction is. The guy you spoke to is probably some clueless idiot on minimum wage.

ok so lets get this straight
it is only a ticketmaster situation?
i used seetickets for one manchester show and i also used a german agency for german shows - i assume there is no effect on booking limitations in this situation?
i did receive confirm emails

For the last time!!!!!!!!!
The 4 tickets per household is for the UK Leg!!
If you have booked more than 4 tickets on the same card /same address for more than 1 UK concert through Tm you will not get the tickets plain and simple.

brwh1 you will be ok as you used a german agency(if its a package in the UK that doesnt add to your limit)
I have spoken to TM today AND PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT in Dublin and I am correct!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it or leave it you have been warned!!

TM email confirmations mean nothing as we had them and they still got cancelled!!

Sorry to agitate you BT (You seem to getting a little mad)

I jus phone up TM again, got a different girl from yesterday and told her my situation.

Here goes - If you've booked presale tix through U2.com you are allowed to make one more booking through general sale on the same card/address. This was after she went away and verified with a superior.

Sorry, please don't shout at me.

This is the last time I am going to say this the pre sale is nothing to do with the general sale!!

This is on TM booking page for tickets:

You have 5 minutes to complete your transaction

Event Information:
TNA RZO SOLO & CCE PRESENT
U2 VERTIGO TOUR
AT
CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM
WEDNESDAY 15 JUNE 2005
SHOW STARTS 17:30

Price Range: 50.00
Internet Onsale: Fri 28/01/2005 at 09:00

Performance Information: Please note: You are strictly only allowed to make
one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per
booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only
book for one venue. Therefore you will be unableto book for
more than one venue and unable to book for more than 4 tickets
at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled
without notification.

Venue Information: CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM

This is just an example BUT it was on all of the booking pages so as you can see I am correct!

I sincerely hope that you get your tickets, I would hate to see anyone missing out but I do know what I am talking about.

I'm not shouting at you just stating actual facts!

I just double checked on our cancelled tickets incidentally done through the u2.com presale, one set was cancelled even though we only booked 4 tickets on each pre sale code (we had 8 intotal)because there was already 4 tickets going to the same address for another venue booked on another credit card!!
They were cancelled due to the billing address.

The warning was different on other agencies sites.

Ive got 4 tickets for Manchester (from one company)and 4 for Glasgow (from a different), also bought an extra 4 for Glasgow or rather the website did due to the site not telling me the order had been confirmed when apparently it had. They were cancelled as a "multiple booking".

The warnings on other ticket brokers were that it was a combined total of 4 tickets for the tour PER PERSON. It even went as far to say as you could book 4 tickets for one gig, or one ticket for 4 gigs. The ticketmaster site also said one booking PER PERSON. No mention of address.

Thanks for all your inputs.

I guess we're all finding out different things so we jus gotta wait and see what happens.

I'll be checking my bank account daily to make sure nothings been refunded.

Per Person = Per Address = same credit card info

more than 4 tcikets cancelled simple!

its not rocket science!!

BT,

per person does NOT equal per address.

They have totally different meanings, legally speaking.

Not to mention each promoter saying different things. I expect the terms I booked the tickets under to be honoured. The agency I used stated very explicity "per person" not any variation of that.

Well good luck!!
I hope you get them all I will !!

Obviously Principle Management dont understand it either as they told me 4 tickets per person means first check to be done postcode then address then credit card info. Which was also confirmed by TM the day after the presale .
But hey what do I know!!!!!

Just dont come back on here complaining you didnt get your tickets!!

Well, so once again we are in a situation where different information is being given out by the same people.

Principle Management / Ticketmaster / See / Aloud and Ticketline have all just been contacted and informed me it is one booking per person. They will pull up bookings with the same address and check different cards have been used. If that is the case they will not cancel.

However that contradicts what BT has been told by the same groups of people.

Reality is we will only know when the tickets land on our doorsteps sometime within the next few weeks.

i got told by ticketmaster that they corss reference the addresses and cancel any duplicates
i even got the guy to confirm the absolutely absurd definition of this which is if my housemate with a different name and a different card but who lives in the same house as me (who has bought tickets already) were to buy some himself they would get cancelled as the addresses are the same. i checked and double checked this simply because of how absolutely insane the ruling is.
mind you that was after the twickenham sale and before dublin so maybe its changed slgihtly since then.
i want to know if this applies internationally though - if i have up to my UK ticket limit and i want to buy American tickets (which i do) can i use a different card/same address then or will tehy cross reference internationally???

Back
Top Bottom