ETS out of business!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stonecircle said:
Wow...this made my day...got this email from TNA:

"Hello and thank you for your e-mail, and for your patience.

As the U2 Vertigo tour producer and promoter, we were all disappointed with the closing of ETS and were equally concerned to see that many of U2’s loyal fans could be affected. Fortunately, before their doors closed, we received the complete ETS database containing a detailed listing all of the fans involved and their purchases for each of the postponed shows.

Now that the rescheduled dates have been confirmed, we would like inform you, in conjunction with the wishes of U2, the tour will complete all the obligations and ensure that you receive the full benefit of the package that you have paid for.

To assist us, we would appreciate you sending a return email detailing your purchase/s so that we may have our staff cross check the details against the database. We would also like you to confirm your intentions to join in the festivities at the rescheduled shows or to cancel your order.

We will then be in touch with each one of you to go through the details of your evenings. We are also working on some other special features to thank you for your patience with more details to follow.

Please bear with us for a few more days while we finalize these details and correlate your information but rest assured that we have received your email and will assist you to enjoy these concerts to your full expectations."

WOOHOO!!! This makes me very happy!!!

Dang it! I havent' gotten an e-mail yet? My situation is compounded by the fact that my ticket was to the Yokohama shows? Do you know if that will have any bearing on the situation?

Cancel that last post! I just checked my e-mail and the TNA email was there.

YESSSSS!!!! Hope at last!

I posted this same post in the Tokyo thread, but I'm putting it here too to maximize my chances of getting good info.

I have ETS tickets to the cancelled April 4 show in Yokohama. Haven't heard anything since the intial reassurances from TNA (which took over after ETS went out of business) earlier this month that my ticket would still be good for the rescheduled shows.

I know the presale talked about on U2.com should end today so I hope that TNA really does have me covered because I may have missed my chance to repurchase my ticket if I needed to.

Does anyone have any information on this?

I've been emailing TNA every other week (I had an ETS Honolulu package for two - tickets and housing). Everytime, I get a very encouraging email back telling me to hold on, that all will be resolved soon. This is an actual response from an individual and not just a "form" response. I'd say email TNA for reassurance as well.

Yes...I received that press release from@U2.com. I've emailed Ovation as well. My only concern is that Ovation has not contacted me about my purchased ETS package. Anyone out there been contacted directly from Ovation?

ickk...getting worried again!:(

stonecircle said:
....just called Ovation. The person told me that TNA is now known as Live Nation. She gave this email chrisbrubaker@livenation.com as the person who is taking care of ETS hotel/concert packages.

I'm still worried....

I received an unsolicited email from Chris Brubaker about my NZ packages.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Anybody going to the Aussie shows get their tickets through ETS and then have them rerouted through this new company Live Nation?

I'm still holding my breath, until I have the tickets in hand, and I'm worried that we'll somehow get screwed. I e-mailed this guy Chris, asking whether the tickets would arrive in the mail or we would pick them up in Tokyo (that's where my ticket is for) and he wrote back the next day saying that "they were still trying to decide to do about that" and he would contact me as soon as they decide. I just thought that sounded a little hazy.

Hearing from someone who actually went to a show with tickets originally purchased through ETS will help me breathe a lot easier.

ramblin rose said:
Well, I did get both my vouchers on September 18th for both Auckland shows.

See now that's interesting because you got your vouchers WELL in advance of the show. . .almost two months in advance, whereas I've received nothing yet and my show is three weeks from tomorrow.

Whaddya suppose that means? Perhaps their dealings with each venue are different?

Still just knowing that you actually got something from these people is good news. It means it's unlikely I'm somehow being "scammed."

maycocksean said:

See now that's interesting because you got your vouchers WELL in advance of the show. . .almost two months in advance, whereas I've received nothing yet and my show is three weeks from tomorrow.

Whaddya suppose that means? Perhaps their dealings with each venue are different?

Still just knowing that you actually got something from these people is good news. It means it's unlikely I'm somehow being "scammed."

I really don't think you're being scammed, but I would probably email Chris again next week if you still haven't heard from them or received something via email.

Anybody know how to reach TNA by phone?

They're mailing me my ticket to the Nov. 29 show but I'm worried that it won't get here before I leave for Japan. (Mail takes 7-10 days to reach Saipan). I'm guessing they mailed the ticket on Monday, Nov. 20 and I leave for Japan on the morning of Tues. Nov. 28. Especially with the Thanksgiving holiday it's quite likely the ticket will still be in the mail when I leave.

I informed Chris Brubaker via e-mail after he sent me the e-mail letting me know they'd be mailing my ticket but have not yet heard back from him.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom