Do those of you coming to Boston have questions? / Please bring the sun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fast Eddy said:

For what it's worth, I'll be on the floor (hopefully the ellipse!) and I'm going to gamble on a 7pm entrance to try and boost my odds of getting ellipsed.

Here's hoping Bono spent the past couple days resting in his hotel room sipping lemon tea to restore his voice!

We'll be trying the 7pm thing tonight too, more of necessity, as we can't leave the Cape until around 5pm.

As for Bono's voice, I hope Condoleeza did all the talking at lunch yesterday!

Jenn121 & DaveyDave: About the Nautica garage... how easy to get on 93South from there? We parked at the Fleet Tuesday and it seemed like we spent 45 minutes just getting from the garage to the highway with that crazy detour. They sent us all the way across town to the Chinatown on-ramp (Exit 23, I believe)....

Last edited:
its very easy to get on 93S from that garage. The garage is off of Chelsea St. Coming from the garage, at the intersection of Chelsea St and Rutherford Ave go straight across to access 93 S. This will put you on the loop ramps from the Tobin to 93S.

In San Diego, I got no problems with digital cameras. I heard many people here saying that i won't be able to bring one into the TD North Bank Garden.

Reports from the first Boston concert...?

Are we able to bring Real Digital Cameras inside (not professionnal of course)..?

Any info will help

Thanks

Frederic

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
its very easy to get on 93S from that garage. The garage is off of Chelsea St. Coming from the garage, at the intersection of Chelsea St and Rutherford Ave go straight across to access 93 S. This will put you on the loop ramps from the Tobin to 93S.

Thanks for the info, GU2Y, but just to be sure, does that intersection work like that today? That part of the city seems like it's one big detour....

fredstab said:
In San Diego, I got no problems with digital cameras. I heard many people here saying that i won't be able to bring one into the TD North Bank Garden.

Reports from the first Boston concert...?

Are we able to bring Real Digital Cameras inside (not professionnal of course)..?

Any info will help

Thanks

Frederic

I had to smuggle my digital (cannon powershot a75) in my pants. My friend had to smuggle his in after he got turned away when he had it in his hands. No issues once we got past security though, took plenty of pictures with no hassle.

hibricc said:

Thanks for the info, GU2Y, but just to be sure, does that intersection work like that today? That part of the city seems like it's one big detour....

ahh, a very good Boston question. it is indeed like that today. well it was when I walked through there this morning. haha,

hibricc said:

ahh, a very good Boston question. it is indeed like that today. well it was when I walked through there this morning. haha,

also easiest way to get there is to get off at the government center exit and stay in the right lane. Follow the signs to Charlestown and the North Washington St bridge. Go over the bridge and make a right on Chelsea St.

Im traffic engineer so I LOVE these direction questions...geek moment of the day for me...

That garage was easy to get to, easy to get out of and onto the highway. We were the only ones leaving the garage when we did. It's also the cleanest garage I've ever seen.

Hope all of you heading in tonight have an amazing time!!!

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
anybody else not doing any work this morning?? Cant wait until 2 PM when its time to go...

God, me too. NOTHING getting done today--only another hour till I'm outta here. yay! :drool:

parked at sullivan square, $3.00, took the train each way $2.50, easy in & out train was a little crowded on the way back but its only 2 stops from TBD

This was for tues show

Where will be the best bar to hit after Saturday's show?

I was figuring on hitting the Black Rose to continue the Irish theme but I'd love to hit a place that will probrably continue on with a U2 theme after the show.

Any suggestions?

ramblin rose said:

Everyone.

I can't believe I actually saw some dry street this morning,:drool:
hope you are feeling better!
the setlist was amazing--so glad you had an awesome show :)

U2Girl1978 said:
The weather report I heard this morning was that we are going to have some sun tomorrow and be in the 60-70's. There are some chances of showers. :rockon:
hey Jules, thanks for the setlist last night :hug:

Hey folks!

It seems like I haven't posted in days.

First off...Thursdays show completely blew Tuesday's away. Not even close. I placed my review on u2tours.com if anyone cares what I thought.

I must say, I meet the nicest people at U2 shows. All seem to know U2 but also have a high degree of general music knowledge.

Did I mention last night was an amazing show!

Anyone notice Bono smashing his microphone on Adam's bass during "Out of Control?" I was laughing my ass off because the thing looked to have a nice dent on it, Bono sang into it and it sounded lousy, then tried to find a part that would work. Hillarious!

I made use of the Greatest Bar last night. It has 5 or 6 floors and was showing the DVD's of last tour on some very nice flatscreeens. Very cool.

Fast Eddy - the taps were flowing just fine!

There seemed to be more pics being taken last night. I think people were smarter about crotching their cameras
and being pretty selective about the moments they would take pics. Kind of like - 1 shot - 1 kill. You have to pick your spot, shoot, and then hide it before security turns.

The Nautica Garage rules! I never thought I would be saying that about a hole filled with concrete! It's almost like you're getting to bypass Boston altogether. It's almost unfair. Ah, what they don't know won't kill them.

I can see blue in the skies!!!! It seemed like everyone...everyone...EVERYONE...perked up last night. Who would have though an overcast day in the 50's would have a shot of doing that in late May!

I don't know where I'll end up tomorrow, but if I'm at one of those bars, I'll let you know just in case you're going there as well. It would be nice just to say hello and shoot the breeze a bit. This has really been a nice thread.

Any of you want to do a similar thread in OCT and DEC?

All my best you U2 nutcases!

daveydave

Hey Mr. D, good to hear from you.

I saw your review (and posted one of my own: http://forum.interference.com/t128876.html)

Basically I was floored, and struck at how there was a pronounced "lift-off" of crowd and band energy during Bullet--at least it felt that way down on the floor. And it just got more and more intense with each number they did. I was drained.

And very impressed that so many people were singing their hearts out (and knew all the words) to "Out of Control"--what a song!

Thanks so much for all your excellent advice regarding the chow and bevvies. Enjoyed some homemade ravioli over at Al Dente (nice casual friendly joint!), quick stop at Modern Pastry ((cappuccinno and dessert), and a post-show brew at Paddy's.

Have December 3 GA and would love to get together then if you're around for that show. I'm trying to get my hands on an October GA but it's a tall order.

Struck out on the ellipse, by the way--hesitated at the laptop station and then a couple proceeded ahead of me and won! Doh!

You've a nice little town down there. Look forward to returning. If you're ever up the coast in Maine, give me a shout.

U2Girl1978 said:
The weather report I heard this morning was that we are going to have some sun tomorrow and be in the 60-70's. There are some chances of showers. :rockon:

Yeah, it looks like the weather will be actually halfway decent tomorrow.

I have a ticket in Sec. 103 but I'm gonna try and get there during the mid-afternoon and see what my chances are at nabbing a GA.

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
well if you're from Jersey then all rules are off....haha, only kidding.
you are definitely safe on your way there in the light so you'll be able to make your choice on how to get back afterwards. Anyway, walking directions: Make a right out of your hotel. Walk to the light and make a right onto McGrath Highway (not really a highway dont worry). The museum of science will be on your right. Pass that, and cross over the river (very small at this spot) and you'll be in Leverett Circle. Its under construction, so the pedestrian route always changes, but its marked pretty well since there are pedestrians going to and from the museum. Get through Leverret Circle and you'll see the back of the arena up in front of you on the left.

Thank you for your help! Had no problem getting there. My first time in Boston will not be my last! Great weekend. The concert was excellent. Boston is lucky to have a U2 Day!

helpful thread! I'll be there for both shows. This probably got covered (I read the first 5 pages but have run out of time) but good Irish pub or other kind of bar relatively near the venue? I'm staying at the Onyx.

also, best way to get downtown from the airport?

ruffian said:
helpful thread! I'll be there for both shows. This probably got covered (I read the first 5 pages but have run out of time) but good Irish pub or other kind of bar relatively near the venue? I'm staying at the Onyx.

also, best way to get downtown from the airport?

Best way is definitely by taxi. The T in town can be a little confusing. Once your in Boston walking is fabulous!

I'm a bigger fan of the T from the airport. Years ago it was a huge hastle, now the connection is easier from the airport. The Blue line is pretty simple to get from any of the terminals at Logan. If not, taxi cost might be $10 - $15 to the Onyx. What time of day would you be arriving?

Also, tons of great bars within a couple hundred yards of the Garden / Fleet Center venue & the Onyx. Irish Pubs? Just throw a rock in the air! You'll hit one!

McGann's
Greatest Bar
Grand Canal
The Harp
Sullivan's
Patty Burke's
Boston Brewery
Hurricane O'Reilly's
The Four's

Just check out Canal St., Portland and Friend St. for all of these to the North and east of your hotel. To the South:

Bell in Hand - oldest tavern in US
The Rack
anything on Union St.

Oh and they are doing the same thing they did in May regarding line up, etc.

GA rules for upcoming Boston shows
I'm happy to report that the GA rules from May and October will be the same for the final two shows in Boston. In regards as to when lining up wristbands will be distributed, I was told by a representative for the TD BankNorth Garden, "In order to preserve the integrity of the system, you will be required to present your concert ticket in order to receive a wristband. All wristbands will be issued the morning of the show, again, following the plan that we have been implementing for the past concerts."

Back
Top Bottom