Detroit show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spasm26

The Fly
Has anyone noticed how slowly tickets are selling in Detroit? It's almost an hour later, and I could still get 8 tickets together!

Last edited:
jeesus are you serious? wow just one hour has passed and it isnt sold out yet? well, U2 are obviously past their best not, what must we do

(sarcasim)

spasm26 said:
Has anyone noticed how slowly tickets are selling in Detroit? It's almost an hour later, and I could still get 8 tickets together!

:sigh:

If tickets sell out in an hour, people bitch that they were not able to get tickets. If the tickets do not sell in an hour, well what a waste of show....

:blahblah:

It will sell out well before October...

You guys don't have to be jerks, I was just making an observation on the demand in Detroit vs. other cities, which sold out in like 5 minutes.

spasm26 said:
You guys don't have to be jerks, I was just making an observation on the demand in Detroit vs. other cities, which sold out in like 5 minutes.

Funny you say that....I was able to get very decent seats on Adam's side, row 6, section 214 the next day after the public sale.

Oh yeah...I scored GAs for Detroit 2!

Looking to trade of course.

Re: Re: Detroit show

Miroslava said:

:sigh:

If tickets sell out in an hour, people bitch that they were not able to get tickets. If the tickets do not sell in an hour, well what a waste of show....

:blahblah:

It will sell out well before October...

I know, people seem to have a real problem with Detroit for some reason. :mad:

What is wrong with Detroit?

I didn't become a fan until after U2 left our ...wonderful town...but what did we ever do to gain this reputation?

I listen to the Detroit Elevation show...it's not U2's fault...so is it ours?

As a peace treaty, maybe we should get a good 10,000 of us together and give Bono some pizza.

Ok Miro, seriously, is your name Miroslava too! Cause this is freaky :wink:

did the lads get a less-than-stellar audience for Detroit Elevation?
Or do audiences in general in Detroit not measure up to the response they get in other places?
Don't mean to stir up anything, just wondering what everyone's talking about...

cheers!

I have no clue... I think some states are just cranky we're getting 2 dates when Detroit has not been selling out as quickly as other markets (ie Dallas, Houston)...

No clue either :shrug:

Miroslava said:
Ok Miro, seriously, is your name Miroslava too! Cause this is freaky :wink:

Naw, but my nickname is.

See, I'm young (16) and foolish...and a crazy U2 fan...so I want to be a rock star just like the B-man. (But we'd be called The New Men.)

Anywho, since the current greatest rock star has a four letter Latin nickname, why not the superstar to be, too?

And so I discovered Miro ('cause my friends are all too dull to give me a cool Latin nickname!) and it means "to wonder" and it's awesome.

And I'll see you at the concert, eh?

Yup, both nights... :D

Thanks for the reply... it was seriously weirding me out thinking there were two Miroslavas in the Detroit GA lines :wink:

I kept thinking you were either a big fan of the painter or your name was Miroslav or Miroslava

Yeah, that'd be crazy.

And hmm...I'm thinking of the Palace right now...and I don't really see where we can all line up at _ in the morning!

Ah well. The show will be great.

I'm shocked we're getting 2 shows too...we got one Elevation show which if I recall, did not sell out. For what ever reason Detroit's not a big market for U2. I remember being at the Silverdome for Zoo TV and half the dome was filled.

Anyway, glad to see we're getting 2 shows this time around!

If Detroit is deserving of a 2nd show, which is still not sold out at 7:41PM EST then Cleveland better get one on Dec. 12!! They are much more rockin' and deserving of a 2nd show!

solacevip said:

Funny you say that....I was able to get very decent seats on Adam's side, row 6, section 214 the next day after the public sale.

Oh yeah...I scored GAs for Detroit 2!

Looking to trade of course.
:shocked: :flirt:
If you're serious, I'm your new best friend

Wow, Detroit has really cheap GAs available on Ebay compared to other cities. They're like 3x more for Toronto shows. Not a bad deal.

Back
Top Bottom