Denver GA Policy / "Rules" Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
Any word from the Pepsi Center yet on the GA line "policy" for next week?

I left a voice mail with Guest Relations, but have had no relations back with them.

Please post it when available.

Thanks

I almost called today... this is pissing me off... of course my shows in Denver and Chicago have not posted anything contraty to all venues to date... :mad:

I got this via email tonight from the Pepsi Center Guest Relations team. It is NOT completely clear, and rather short, so I have some follow up questions submitted. It's a start though:

Thank you for the inquiry.

Guests may start lining up for GA at 8:00am. Parking lots will open at 7:30am.

There will be tables issuing wristbands for the two GA areas outside and inside of the facility. (HUH? THE GA AREA OUTSIDE THE FACILITY?)

Guests are allowed to bring small or disposable cameras to this show, no audio, no video equipment will be allowed.

If you have any other questions, please contact us again.

Have a GREAT time at the show!!

Whooo hoo on the parking lot... I have rented a car... my hotel is only a couple miles away from Pepsi, but would be nice to bring the car as one may bring more crap that way... specially if the weather report is still for rain :(

Thanks for sending that email and for the follow up! :D

*crosses fingers that the wrist bands will be numbered like in SJ*

Miroslava said:

*crosses fingers that the wrist bands will be numbered like in SJ*

As part of my follow up, I suggested they contact the HP Pavillion folks in San Jose -- reports I've read suggested SJ went very well.

I will keep posting if and when they send me the 411.

thanks for the info I'm coming from detroit I have seats for the first show and GA for the second.

Another Detroiter going to Denver?

Heee!

My friend and I are going to Denver 1 with GAs :D

My brother in-law lives in Colorado and we have gone together for the past 4 tours. We arrive in Denver on Tuesday. :cool: :cool: :cool:

It's been nearly 2 days since I followed up after my initial response from Guest Relations -- I personally think it will very lame if the Pepsi Center can't provide more than the lame 5 line email they sent me. And so far, nothing on the Pepsi Center website == quick, somebody call KBCO or Ron Zapollo and get them on the case.

Sorry, I'm a bit behind. But how did this number system work in SJ? Did it allow people to leave and come back later???

Edit: screwed up a quote. Ma bad.

Last edited:
Ugh... nothing yet?

:tsk:

First venue this tour to not make an official statement... :mad:

Calling... feel free to do the same

**For any show or event specific policies, please contact
Guest Relations at (303) 405-8548

Last edited:
From the Pepsi Center website - not very original IMHO, but at least it is up.

General Admission ticket holders may line up on Pepsi Center property at 8am the morning of each show. Every person with a GA ticket will enter Pepsi Center from the West, Grand Atrium entrance. Once the doors open at 6:00pm GA tickets will be scanned, marked and each ticketholder will be given a wristband for floor access. GA ticket holders will then pass through an "Ellipse" gate system that will scan their ticket at random and select ticket holders for the Priority Access to the "Ellipse" inner oval area. The ticket holders approved will be directed to a table to collect the "Ellipse" wristband. There will be patron plus (1) rule enforced.

So does this mean they aren't handing out wristbands now??

I am confused. I was hoping not to have to wait since my line-buddies bailed on me.

The way I read it:

Line up allowed starting at 8 AM -- doesn't say much about who runs the line, so I'm guessing it's a fan control line with some rent a cops out to break up any fights.

Starting at 6, you get scanned once to get in, everybody gets a Floor Wristband.

Then you head for Door Number 2, they scan again, if you get lucky you get the Magic Beep for Ellipse Access, and a Second Wristband.

If anyone is going to Denver #1, please post how it really works.

Thanks

But at other dates, you got a wristband at 10:00am or so, and then you came back in the afternoon, and the line was marked off in increments of 50. Or something like that.

Trust the Pepsi Center not to have any game plan. I can guess who's running the line too, that old rude guy who's at every ticket sale/event/whatever they are doing. :|

I'm going to Denver #1, but I'd like to know how it works before then. I'll try to call the Pepsi Center tomarrow, but I'll send another e-mail. This is pretty ridiculous of them and yet, being Denver, I am not surprised.

It's going to be a lonely couple of hours. :sigh:

Last edited:
Yup Yup.... Denver tends to run things on the scrambled side... No suprise there... grr...
Hopefully we can all figure something out before.....:tsk:
Hey Avsgirl when you intend on showing up? You would be more than welcome to chill with my sister and I. But i'm not sure what time we'll be getting there :D since were driving up weds.

Last edited:
Avsgirl..

You won't be lonely for very long!! I promise! I went to the Brooklyn by myself alone, but I certainly was not lonely... Might even run into you there

Getting on a plane later today! :drool:

:) Thanks. I am hoping it will be a nice crowd--the line to buy sure wasn't, but hopefully the out-of-towners will improve it!

I plan on being there by 8 or 9 if I can help it. My photo is up in the Interference collection...otherwise look for: a short, pale redhead, wearing an obnoxious t-shirt, a blue hooded jacket, and a dark green backpack with many Spongebob and LOTR items on it.

Hey AvsGirl, I'll be in line with my wife. If we see you we'll stop by and say hello. But can I ask you a question? Why get there so early? Honestly, if the Ellipse selection is done by random scanning, what difference would it make what time you get there? I'm asking because I honestly don't know.

We got in line around noon for both Elevation stops, but that was because it was first come, first in the heart. This time I was thinking of waiting until later..especially if it turns cold like it's supposed to. Is there a reason to go early? Please, if not Avsgirl, can someone answer this question?

Confused in Denver

I'm personally hoping to get on the outside of the ellipse, or close to it. That's always what I was hoping for even before they did the random scanning.

I'm only 5'4 so if I'm too far back I won't see anything.

What's the consensus? How late can you go? I am not keen at being there at 8, 9 or 10 suits me fine!!

Anybody doing GA solo? I have a GA but my friends have seats. I'd like to pair up with someone to double my/our ellipse chances. PM me if interested.

I posted this in the Fan Gathering's area, but the Martini Ranch is having an after party, and giving free martinis with a U2 ticket stub.

It's put on by Alice, so there's bound to be alot of annoying people there but hey--free martini!!

Back
Top Bottom