Curtain malfunction at Oakland 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
During "Streets", as Bono raps about the high peaks of Kilamanjaro and Nelson Mandela's Africa, the light curtains flashing various African flags are supposed to descend behind them, creating a magical light show in place of the red spotlights on past tours.

At Oakland 2, the curtains lit up, but they never came down. They just sat up in the rafters. Bono looked up a couple of times, then looked pissed for a few seconds when he realized that the curtains weren't going anywhere.

Naturally, none of it mattered, as "Streets" brought down the house once again. They could play that song in the dark and everyone would still go crazy over it.

Have there been any other stage screw-ups on this tour?

4U2Play said:
They could play that song in the dark and everyone would still go crazy over it.

:lol: So true! :drool:

No on the 3 shows I went to, I haven't noticed any mistakes that have happened. The light curtains all seemed to go off fine. :shrug:

Wow I didnt even notice (or remember) that the curtains were supposed to come down :laugh:

I've seen a few minor screw-ups on those light curtains throughout this tour. Sometimes one single string of lights will be colored wrong, and sometimes one curtain doesn't come down.

But having all the curtains skip Streets must be the biggest screw-up this tour. Oh well, I'm sure 90% of the arena didn't notice.

OffAxis said:
It was so much better without the flags!

i was going to say it probably was better without them, they dont really add anything to the performance

Back
Top Bottom