countdown to boston thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello!

I`ve got a GA ticket for the May 24th gig; coming originally from Ottawa (Canada) but actually taking a flight from Philly the day before the show.

I may be coming with a friend, depending if he can get a ticket or not. I`ll also be meeting up with someone the day of the show to increase our chances of getting into the ellipse. :hyper:

There`s a "Verti-gone" party the night before at the Hard Rock Cafe - check out www.atu2.com for more info - looks like fun! you should check it out! :)

- Julie

i've got tix for 5/24, but would really like to see them on saturday as well... if there's a good deal of tix that go for tues/thurs, i'll likely head down and hangout in line.

I'm going on the 24th...we'll head into town from the 'burbs just south of Boston after my husband gets out of work (around 5:30/6-ish). I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant, so I'm not sure how much standing around in a bar I'll be able to do with a good 2+ hours of standing ahead of me at the show, but if I'm feeling good, I'd like to know where people are meeting before the show. It'd be great to kill time with some Interferencers!

Flying in from Australia. 300-level for 24/05, GA for 26/05 and 28/05.

I'm also flying in from overseas - i'm in Brazil right now. Have a club seat for Boston 1 and a Loge 10 for Boston 3.

Still lookin' for a GA to Boston 2.

coming in from the UK, where I will make Cardiff.

happen to be in Boston for the week after concert and managed to fly in before that. Even pulled off some tickets off Ebay not much above face value - they are high up in Bal 328, but I guess i will be fun!

See you there!

I live right outside Boston- just a short subway ride away.

I'm going to Boston 1 & 2. I have GA for the 2nd show and I'm hoping to get in line by 6am. :sigh:

I have seats for the 1st show so I'm thinking I may venture into town to see if can catch a glimpse of the boys before or after sound check.

I'm going to the Vertigo-gone party at the Paradise--should be a hoot! :hyper:

I can't believe the shows are less than 2 weeks away!!!!

Going to the Boston Saturday show, I saw the Denver 4/20 show as well. Trying to convince my wife to take me to the 11/26 Montreal show for my birthday!

anyone going to the boston 3 show solo? i'm contemplating getting a ticket and might be interesting in meeting up with other 'singles' for beer before the show.

I was planning on going solo also, probably have to hope for a drop on fri for a ticket unless someone wants to get me a GA. If they do I'd pay for their ticket as compensation for their time.

correction

There`s a "Verti-gone" party the night before at the Hard Rock Cafe - check out www.atu2.com for more info - looks like fun! you should check it out!

This party is at the Paraise Club not the hard rock.

Driving up from Cape Cod for all three shows: Balc304 Row1 for Tuesday, GA for Thursday, and Zone 8 Saturday. Don't think we'll line up for Thursday (my wife has to work), just show up and take our chances. We stood in front of the mixing desk at Providence2 on Elevation, and that was great!

I'm going GA on the 26th--only coming from about two miles north of the fleetcenter, though.

I can't wait!:combust:

Re: correction

Imarocker said:
There`s a "Verti-gone" party the night before at the Hard Rock Cafe - check out www.atu2.com for more info - looks like fun! you should check it out!

This party is at the Paraise Club not the hard rock.

There will be a U2 trivia contest at this party with the grand prize being a GA ticket to the 5/26 show

hibricc said:
Driving up from Cape Cod for all three shows: Balc304 Row1 for Tuesday, GA for Thursday, and Zone 8 Saturday. Don't think we'll line up for Thursday (my wife has to work), just show up and take our chances. We stood in front of the mixing desk at Providence2 on Elevation, and that was great!

hibricc, Glad to see there are some fellow fans on the Cape. I'm coming up from the Cape for all three shows as well. I'll be 2 sections away from you in 302, row 1 on Tuesday. Pretty similar seats for Thurs and Saturday too. But I decided to make an extra long weekend of it and stay in the city Thursday through Saturday. Can't wait! My husband and I went out to the shows in Denver and we stood in front of the mixing desk one night and we loved it too. I think it's a great spot to enjoy the show and maybe you'll get lucky! Best of luck and enjoy.

Re: Re: Re: correction

sweetie said:

Seriously?? How do you know???

Very seriously!

I work for African Well Fund and I am helping organize the party.

I'll be at all 3 shows. Balcony seats for the 24th, Loge seating for the 26th and 28th. Trying to get GA for the 28th though. :hyper: I'm thinking of going to the party on the 23rd...

U2Girl1978 said:
:hyper: I'm thinking of going to the party on the 23rd...

I'm going. :dancing:

Have you ever seen the Joshua Tree cover band? They are fantastic!! I've seen them a few times. They dont try to be U2 - they just perform their music. The lead, Craig, sounds like Bono on many of the songs. They do a killer Bad & New Years Day.

Their version of Exit will make you weep with longing!! Fantastic.

Im going to the show on the 26th, GA. Stopping by at 8 to get my wristband and then heading to work a half day (thanks to the Fleet Center rules). I think I have the shortest commute for anybody going to the show, I can see the Fleet Center from my roof of my condo, and from my office as well.

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
Im going to the show on the 26th, GA. Stopping by at 8 to get my wristband and then heading to work a half day (thanks to the Fleet Center rules).

I'm so thankful for the Fleet center rules - I hope they stick - I really couldn't see myself sitting in a line for 12 hours. :crazy:

[I think I have the shortest commute for anybody going to the show, I can see the Fleet Center from my roof of my condo, and from my office as well. [/B]

You win :)

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
I think I have the shortest commute for anybody going to the show, I can see the Fleet Center from my roof of my condo, and from my office as well.
What about Toothless Pete, the homeless guy who lives in a box by the east entrance to the FleeceCenter?
He's got GA and backstage passes to all 7 shows. Can't eat anything at the preshow buffet except for the soup and mashed potatos however.

Back
Top Bottom