Chicago market

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2fan05

War Child
Why is Chicago such a soft market. It's Glendaleesque. I've seen pairs on ebay for less than $100. Also ticketmaster has tickets available.

yeah its weird, good tickets have been up on ticketmaster for a while now

Man i wish i could see them again in Chicago on this leg:drool: I think i need to live in a bigger city..more opportunities to see U2 and other cool bands ya know. Drives me crazy that there are still tickets available lol.

U2fan05 said:
Why is Chicago such a soft market. It's Glendaleesque. I've seen pairs on ebay for less than $100. Also ticketmaster has tickets available.

The problem is that most of the tickets that sell for that price are in the 300 level section. I got a ticket from ebay for the May show. Paid $100 (was a $95 ticket), and it was FAR FAR FAR away.

I think the biggest problem was that the UC is such a huge place. I would love to go again, but I would like to see their faces clearly (even if it's on super zoom on my digital cam) hehe. That's why I'm looking for a GA ticket! Can anyone help me there??? lol.

U2fan05 said:

These shows have spent the better part of the last 5 months soldout. Occasionally ticketmaster releases tickets into the system for sale for all shows including ones that are soldout. Most people in Chicago presume the show is soldout and are not trying to get tickets. For those looking for tickets, this is a golden opportunity to avoid paying scalper prices.

I would not call playing 6 shows at the United Center at an average price of $100 utilizing seats behind the stage as well to be "soft". Can anyone here name another artist who will GROSS more or have greater attendence in Chicago than U2 in 2005?

Maybe b/c they released the tix so early. Plans change (both ways). I've picked up 3 more shows than I was planning on, good for me, but that's three tickets other people for whatever reasons didn't want/need anymore.

Re: Re: Chicago market

STING2 said:
These shows have spent the better part of the last 5 months soldout. Occasionally ticketmaster releases tickets into the system for sale for all shows including ones that are soldout. Most people in Chicago presume the show is soldout and are not trying to get tickets. For those looking for tickets, this is a golden opportunity to avoid paying scalper prices.

There is also a huge surplus of tickets being sold by "ticket outlets." The problem is is that these sellers try to sell even the worst seats at UNGODLY prices! I really think that's where most of the tickets are. If you notice on eBay, most of the sellers are brokers.... and they can sell it for however much they want. In Illinois there is a scalping law, so Illinois residents CAN'T pay above "face value" whatever that means. I've seen "face value" for a horrible seat at $300.

I've checked Ticketmaster several times in the past few days, and there are seats available. Now if only they'd release some GAs!!! hehe.

Re: Re: Re: Chicago market

carbonbasedu2fr said:

There is also a huge surplus of tickets being sold by "ticket outlets." The problem is is that these sellers try to sell even the worst seats at UNGODLY prices! I really think that's where most of the tickets are. If you notice on eBay, most of the sellers are brokers.... and they can sell it for however much they want. In Illinois there is a scalping law, so Illinois residents CAN'T pay above "face value" whatever that means. I've seen "face value" for a horrible seat at $300.

I've checked Ticketmaster several times in the past few days, and there are seats available. Now if only they'd release some GAs!!! hehe.

I checked two weeks ago as well as the some of the months before that and there was nothing available at ticketmaster. Today I checked and you could only get single seat tickets for the first night, and only up to 3 tickets for the second night. Few people go to concerts by themselves so its not a surprise at all to see the single seats available for the first night.

The fact is, most people in Chicago think these shows have been long soldout and I don't think anyone is advertising the fact that a few more tickets have become available expect die hards like us, who already have tickets, on a message board.

The situation is similar in other cities as far as the scalpers, but they will eventually sell their tickets. The night before the San Diego shows, there were several hundred tickets available but by the next day at show time, there were only people asking for tickets in the parking lot according to people who were there.

Back
Top Bottom