CANADIAN Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmjhitman said:
Hey Booster, I'm waiting till tomorrow morning to see if those dates hold up, or if any more are added. I was considering buying a 2nd membership in case there were dates in both Calgary AND Edmonton (although that's looking pretty doubtful now!). I was just on U2.com and the forum - where the dates are currently posted - is a bit freaky right now. Like I said before, I would think an announcement of this magnitude would warrant more than changing a few numbers in the URL.

I guess I'm not really answering your question, sorry! I'm just hoping that there's more information tomorrow. That being said, maybe we're going back to the days where Albertans had to travel to Vancouver to see U2. Ugh. I hope not. Nothing against Vancouver. It's just I might be going by myself. Going to see U2 on my own in Edmonton or Calgary wouldn't be that big a deal, though certainly not my preference. But going all the way to Vancouver and back by myself would just be, well, depressing!

Thanks lmjhitman.

we'll see what tomorrow brings. I hope these dates aren;t official but it looks like it. I just don't know if I can wait until the 3rd leg. Maybe going to Vancouver is the right thing to do.

No, as I'm in northern Toronto, thankfully. Although when I tried to go to the Eaton Centre, it was closed due to a good chunk of downtown losing hydro due to some frozen water problem. You must be from outside of the GTA?
Anyway, I've had enough for one night. Tomorrow should be interesting. Hopefully Canadians will have some clarity then.

Attachments

• brien,conanhair.jpg
    brien,conanhair.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 46
Sigh. This is what happens when you try to figure out how to put a picture under your name...

Come to Van folks! It'll be a blast!!! :drool:

They must know that the entire West of Canada are going to flock to GM Place with this leg and have to meet demand by opening up another show for us.

I'll be heading to Van, Roland. It's only a 19 hour drive from Fort Nelson or an all day flight. Either way I'm definitely heading there.

Roland of Gilead said:
Come to Van folks! It'll be a blast!!! :drool:

They must know that the entire West of Canada are going to flock to GM Place with this leg and have to meet demand by opening up another show for us.

Seeing this makes me nervous about GA tickets....:huh: When do they normally announce if there will be a second show?

Yeah, so the dates are up now at U2.com in the news section. If you're a subscriber you can click on the appropriate ticketing link and it will take you to a page that has the dates listed, as well as most of the presale dates. The Vancouver presale date is not listed yet.

I guess that makes it official. No Alberta dates on the first leg. :sigh:

Last edited:
Questions, Questions..

Being from Toronto, I don't know what I should do with my presale code.

Is it only valid for Leg1 & Leg2?

Will I still get priority seating for the Toronto shows in Leg 3. Will there be another code?

If this is the only code I will get, then I may need to save it for Leg 3. Which is fine, though they should tell us that.

If there is a separate code for leg 3, then I may use this code to travel to a leg 1 location.

All i want is my priority tix for the Toronto show in leg 3, I hope they will expalin how this will work.

If you aren't registered at u2.com, is it not possible to see the dates?

Maybe they'll do a surprise TO show...Ah well, I guess I gotta wait til the 3rd leg...Vancouver's too far for lil ole me!

Reneedo - ah, I know what ur talkin about now, jus caught it on the news this morning...ya, I don't live in TO, just near it. :) Glad ur power was on! :up:

I wouldn't be surprised that we get a second chance with the codes for the third leg. Last time with Prop, there was two different forms for the first and third leg, and I was able to order tickets twice. Also, I think the dates for the third leg will be announced much later. Of course there is no garantee, so it's a risk to take. Personally, I will use my code for one of the North-East US cities, and hopefully we will get a new code for the third leg, with more Canadian dates (like Toronto and Montreal)

Toronto

Living an hours drive out of Toronto, I suppose I'll have to wait till 2006 to see U2 again. Unless I drive to Philly, which i beleive is the closest to Niagara Penninsula. Or New York.

Now reading what the post says on us.com, I spun this out of the announcement.

Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)

Notice the last statment "(All additional on sale dates... blah)" It sounds as though there may be more dates in the works. Possibly holding out to see how the NHL strike works out? Here's hoping!

I also near T.O.

It's a shame they are missing the 4th or 5th largest metro area in North America.

I would be very surprised to see them add any cities to the original 13. They will add additional shows, but won't hit Toronto until the fall.

I am going to MSG

Well, I'm holding out until the 3rd leg. I've made my decision. I'm also not going to be purchasing my u2.com membership until I know for sure that calgary/edm is on the tour list. IF anyone thinks this is dumb move on my part, let me know.

boosterjuice said:
Well, I'm holding out until the 3rd leg. I've made my decision. I'm also not going to be purchasing my u2.com membership until I know for sure that calgary/edm is on the tour list. IF anyone thinks this is dumb move on my part, let me know.

I've been wrestling with this decision myself, though I already have a subscription and am not sure if I'll be wasting my code if I don't use it for the first leg. I will be absolutely brokenhearted if I pass up going to Vancouver and there isn't an Alberta date on the third leg. No, I don't think it's a dumb move. They HAVE to come to Alberta! Right?

boosterjuice said:
WHY NOT EDM OR CALGARY????

I wonder if they will add additional dates into that schedule? There is 9 days between the Vancouver date and the Chicago date. Why aren't they playing in Alberta during that time? Maybe U2 is waiting for the NHL to officially cancel the season before booking additional dates.

If they add dates on the first leg, it'll likely be in the cities they're already in. I guess they have to focus on their key markets. Vancouver is one of the only logical stops on the north- west coast and U2 is on the west coast. I think the rest of us are going to have to wait till fall. I hope I'm wrong.

Jon

lmjhitman said:

I've been wrestling with this decision myself, though I already have a subscription and am not sure if I'll be wasting my code if I don't use it for the first leg. I will be absolutely brokenhearted if I pass up going to Vancouver and there isn't an Alberta date on the third leg. No, I don't think it's a dumb move. They HAVE to come to Alberta! Right?

I'm also unsure of whether there will be a presale for the third leg. Anybody have any info on what happens if we hold out? Thanks,

Jon

bull's eye said:
I expect that Vancouver pre-sale will be tomorrow (jan 25) at 13:00ET.

Then there would be a link on tickmaster just like all the other presales. Vancouver Seattle and Phoenix are not there.

Relax. It has been said all along that NOT every city was slated for the presale tomorrow. The presales of these cities will happen on another date.

(hence, my unique position to go all out for MSG, NY tomorrow and not loose out on the Vancouver show if I fail NY)

I just got off the phone with a rep from FanFire. I asked about whether I could purchase my u2.com membership later so I could partake in the presale for the 3rd leg. The rep informed me that I needed to purchase the u2.com membership by 12 midnight tonight!!!

IF there is anyone else who is holding off purchasing your u2.com membership until the 3rd leg: YOU NEED TO PURCHASE YOUR U2.COM MEMBERSHIP BY TONIGHT!!!

Hi Zorya,

i hope you get this message as my thread was closed and can't reply. ABout your question if i am a u2.com subscriber well as of 10:30 pm here tonight i am. I couldn't recist the temptation and given that tonight is the last night to take advantage of the presale of tickets i went for it. I hope you also find out soon and that you can get good tickets! Have you been to a u2 concert before??? Let me tell you they are the most amazing shows on earth! Although i think i deffinetly enjoyed Popmart concert more then elevation tour. I am hoping if i can get a ticket that this tour will be as grand as the popmart tour. I know most people like the down to earth rock and roll type of show which is great but I loved all those fancy gimicks they added in their popmart tour like the giant screen and the lemon!

Let me know if you hear something i will likewise too!,
Nico

So any Canadians get tickets in the US. I'm kinda relieved that Vancouver isnt up yet, hopefully TM will have its shit worked out and things will go smoother for the "Canadian Show" lol.

Back
Top Bottom