CANADIAN Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I'd definitely do one seated and one GA, if you're going to at least two. You can probably afford to miss one day. I wouldn't miss any more if I were you, though.

I'm only going to one so I guess it'll be GA. :D

~BrightestStar~ said:

Where'd you hear that? what about TO??

Ah yes, money would be a good thing...

First and 2nd leg are posted...Vancouver on april 28th is the only Canadian date!

~BrightestStar~ said:
Are you semestered or nonsemestered? Cause for me, missing school in grade 12 wasn't that terrible, I even went on vacation for 1.5 weeks! :)

I'm nonsemestered. See skipping isn't the major problem it's doing it w/out my parents knowing which is the hard part. My stupid school has a voice recorded message that is sent to parents when their kids skip:uhoh:

~BrightestStar~ said:
While we're on this topic ...what would y'all expereinced concert goers consider essentials to bring with you?? (besides urself and ur ticket :wink: )

How about a camera? Do you guys think they'll allow it for their concerts?

WHY NOT EDM OR CALGARY????

I wonder if they will add additional dates into that schedule? There is 9 days between the Vancouver date and the Chicago date. Why aren't they playing in Alberta during that time? Maybe U2 is waiting for the NHL to officially cancel the season before booking additional dates.

TOUR DATES

LINK TO TOUR DATES

ht tp://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1297
(copy and paste and close the space between ht and tp--because I'm still a "stranger" it's not letting me post properly)

Mucca said:

I'm nonsemestered. See skipping isn't the major problem it's doing it w/out my parents knowing which is the hard part. My stupid school has a voice recorded message that is sent to parents when their kids skip:uhoh:

Hey, I was nonsemesterd too! And my old High School did the whole voice messge too...although at mine, once u were 18, they didn't call b/c u were then an "adult"...anyhoo, why not jus tell the rents - save urself some extra work?

does any one know when are the third leg dates coming out? Also please come to Winnipeg. Winnipeg loves U2.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Hey, I was nonsemesterd too! And my old High School did the whole voice messge too...although at mine, once u were 18, they didn't call b/c u were then an "adult"...anyhoo, why not jus tell the rents - save urself some extra work?

My parents would freak! I would have to find some extremely good excuse to do it.

I'm so sick of all the americans bitching cause they only have 13 dates so far. Us canadiens have a reason to bitch. :mad: 1 DATE!!

Last edited:
My concern is whether or not there will be a presale for the 3rd leg of the tour. If we order tickets for a show in New York because Toronto hasn't been posted yet, does that mean we void any chance of POSSIBLY ordering from a still-mysterious 3rd leg?

boosterjuice said:
WHY NOT EDM OR CALGARY????

I wonder if they will add additional dates into that schedule? There is 9 days between the Vancouver date and the Chicago date. Why aren't they playing in Alberta during that time? Maybe U2 is waiting for the NHL to officially cancel the season before booking additional dates.

I don't see these dates when I log onto U2.com. What gives?
As much as I love Vancouver, I would hate to waste my code only to find out they're hitting Alberta later on. What to do? :huh:

Seems weird that you'd have to MANUALLY change to URL to get dates that are supposed to be official. What's the big secret? You'd think they'd be splashed all over the site!
Ugh. I'll be going to bed with a big knot in my stomach tonight. :down: If I can sleep at all. Maybe I'll just keep a vigil by my computer. :(

Hey, Brightest Star, I see we were on the same wavelength. I hope your hydro wasn't out today.

Here is my concern:

I haven't subscribed to u2.com yet. I was waiting to ensure that Calgary or Edmonton was going to be on the tour before I forked over the $40. Now that Calgary + Edm are not on the tour list, should hold out until the 3rd leg? Will I still be able to purchase my subcription later?

Hey Booster, I'm waiting till tomorrow morning to see if those dates hold up, or if any more are added. I was considering buying a 2nd membership in case there were dates in both Calgary AND Edmonton (although that's looking pretty doubtful now!). I was just on U2.com and the forum - where the dates are currently posted - is a bit freaky right now. Like I said before, I would think an announcement of this magnitude would warrant more than changing a few numbers in the URL.

I guess I'm not really answering your question, sorry! I'm just hoping that there's more information tomorrow. That being said, maybe we're going back to the days where Albertans had to travel to Vancouver to see U2. Ugh. I hope not. Nothing against Vancouver. It's just I might be going by myself. Going to see U2 on my own in Edmonton or Calgary wouldn't be that big a deal, though certainly not my preference. But going all the way to Vancouver and back by myself would just be, well, depressing!

Back
Top Bottom