CANADIAN Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shafted again...first in the Presale for Vancouver I could get nothing but crap seats for $100+ no GA. Then waiting...for 3rd leg news only to see All in the east. Being from Saskatchewan the only closest option is Calgary or Edmonton. I have ventured to every U2 tour in those venues... but to have to fly or drive to B.C or Ontario is a big stretch.... and big $$$ again disappointed and now I have a code worth nothing... Wish U2 would at least say they would be hitting Alberta or Manitoba... hey here hoping they come to Credit Union Centre...It could happen...NOT!

i think you need to start the online petition your self and then tell power 97!

U2 come to Winnipeg!

I e-mailed Tom from 92 citi fm, and he told me he would be glad to help. He was forwarding my e-mail to their promotions department to see if they would be willing to put a petition on their web site.

This sounds nice. I hope they can get it done soon because there is little time left. We started way too late :(

I know I was thinking the same thing. I would still like to do the petitionsonline.com thing , but you have to write a little letter to go with it and I'm not the greatest at that. So if anyone here is good at writing stuff like that it would be much appriciated. If not I will start it. Would I get them to send the petition to Principal Managment or some where else?

you should do it because Im not great at that stuff either and we just need some one to do it. Just put a link up in once you do it.

U2 come to Winnipeg!

Would you guys like a little help writing from a New Zealander who works by the logic of "more shows = more bootlegs = GOOD!" and thinks Canada's a pretty damn cool place for those bootlegs to come from?

I'd say I'm pretty good at this writing thing, so just tell me what points you would like me to cover and I could come up with a little something for you.

Thanks Axver. You need to write that we just built a new state of the art arena for big bands like U2 to come play, We havent had a u2 concert in 8 years(the only one ever). We show great fan support for u2 buying CDS and such. You could also metion that Winnipeg showed great support in 97 and would sell the concert out in minutes. Let us know the link when you put the petition up. Thanks.

I emailed Park Warden (park@bear.fm) from 100.3 The Bear here in Edmonton and asked him about starting a petiton to get U2 to come to Alberta. I'll post his reply, if there is one.

thetitans2k said:
Thanks Axver. You need to write that we just built a new state of the art arena for big bands like U2 to come play, We havent had a u2 concert in 8 years(the only one ever). We show great fan support for u2 buying CDS and such. You could also metion that Winnipeg showed great support in 97 and would sell the concert out in minutes. Let us know the link when you put the petition up. Thanks.

Couple of questions:

- What's the name of the new arena?
- How quickly did Popmart sell out?
- Is it true Bono made a remark during Popmart about how fantastic the city was and he couldn't believe they hadn't been there before?

I'll write a little something and one of you who has an active interest in this can put it online. Might as well put my writing abilities to good use!

Hi Bono's Betty,

What did Power 97 say to you? I emailed Loch Cross yesterday and his reply kinda insiuated that they (and others) are working behind the scenes to bring the boys to the 'Peg.

He did mention that, based on his info, a petition isn't the best way to influence the management or band. Don't know what that means :confused:

Thanks for getting the petition online!

ddrohome

ddrohome said:
Hi Bono's Betty,

What did Power 97 say to you? I emailed Loch Cross yesterday and his reply kinda insiuated that they (and others) are working behind the scenes to bring the boys to the 'Peg.

He did mention that, based on his info, a petition isn't the best way to influence the management or band. Don't know what that means :confused:

Thanks for getting the petition online!

ddrohome

Well I e-mail Hal Anderson at 97 and this was his exact reply "Stay tuned, sometimes bands add dates at the last minute"
So I'm wondering if they know something we don't? I also e-mailed 92 citi to see if they could set the petition link up on their web site. No response yet. Well I hope they do come here, but I hope they will announce the date before I go buy Minneapolis tix, not that I wouldn't like to see them twice but knowing my luck the Winnipeg tix will go on sale the next weekend right after I buy the Minneapolis tix. Man I'm gonna be so broke.:sigh:

Wheeler also said that they are working to bring them here.

Axver: The new arena is called the mts centre and im not sure how long it took to sell out but it did. I can post it online if you write something out for us. thanks.

Heh, seems I don't have to write a petition any more. But I'll go sign it! Good luck to all wanting a show!

Bono's Betty Please read this:

I just talked to Lochlin cross on the phone. he wants me to tell you to email him as soon as possible at lcross@power97.com. he needs to aks you something about the petition. thanks.

Axver:
In answer to your Couple of questions:

- What's the name of the new arena?

The MTS Centre (nicknamed "The Booth" because Manitoba Telecom Services is Manitoba's phone company)

- How quickly did Popmart sell out?

It sold out frikken fast - like 4 minutes or something like that. I was in the lineup & was 4 from the front & got nothing. I had to pull strings to get tix.

- Is it true Bono made a remark during Popmart about how fantastic the city was and he couldn't believe they hadn't been there before?

Yes it is true. U2 spoke of a conversation with their limo driver here in Winnipeg on MuchMusic (MuchMusic, a Canadian music TV station based in eastern Canada) that they loved Winnipeg, loved that a short version/nickname of Winnipeg is "The 'peg", asked when they got off the plane at their next tour stop, & what Edmonton's nickname was. If you find the REAL limo driver here in the 'peg, you'll have a more accurate description of the story, but this is what I saw/heard on TV, from the band a few days after the concert.

Question for you Axver:
HOW would I go about making a good boot leg here in Canada without getting caught?

passthebuck said:

He did this in Edmonton too. I *think* it was after 'I Will Follow' during the first Popmart show here, Bono yelled "Edmon-chuck!" then said, "Why haven't we been here before?" to the delight of everyone in the stadium. It was a nice moment. :up: I had hoped it would mean that they would come back here but.... :sigh:

BTW, I had NEVER heard anyone call Edmonton, the 'Chuck' until that day! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom