Cameras for hawaii.... I'm worried...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, hate to take it only to have them turn me around and...... I ain't going back all the way to Waikiki just to take it. I'll be PO!!!! :mad:

Eh I dont know.. I've always taken cameras when it says 'no cameras'. They really either dont care or I shove it down my pants. I'm pretty sure that the general rule is no professional cameras.

Yeah the venues always say no cameras, but then U2 tells the venue to allow them, and then they do. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's a "venue" rule to not allow cameras in.

U2 is fine with cameras as long as they aren't professional
In L.A I spoke with the head of security (was in GA all day nothing better to do and they were warning all of us with cameras out) I begged them to talk to U2s people, they then met with what's her face?? and finally agreed that since the band has a policy to allow cameras the venue would comply.

Yeaaah, in LA, I saw metal detectors at Staples and so went and stowed my camera in my car....only to find that they don't mind. NEVER AGAIN! I'm bringin' mine.

rosephile said:
Yeaaah, in LA, I saw metal detectors at Staples and so went and stowed my camera in my car....only to find that they don't mind. NEVER AGAIN! I'm bringin' mine.

really? I was there too and they would not let me in with it. I went through the VIP section and those f-ers made me take it back.... I don't want that same episode in Hawaii.

I was right up front taking pics in front of security all night. :shrug:

there are always difficult security people but if you know that they are allowed and you insist they should let you in with it, or ask to talk to their superior

^:lol:

The L.A. show may have been a slight problem, in that the first night the entire staff might not have been alerted to allowing the cameras in. I had seats that night and I got a camera in, not that I used it. And I saw redkat, so I will vouch for her and her camera :wink:

I definately vouch for the in-the-pants method. Also, if that's too weird, under-the armpit (strap around your shoulder) works well if you're wearing a jacket, but you might not be in Hawaii. Lucky bastards. If you're too bummed about the camera rules you can send me your ticket. :wink:

i had a camera with me in L.A. too, and they had a no camera policy come to think of it.

I'll risk it. they can't send us all back to our cars! if all else fails stuffing in my bra worked when i went to see david bowie.

Lila64 said:
:up:

and they can't keep people from using camera phones, so the whole idea of cameras these days seems moot :shrug:

If it is a tour rehearsal (ie - LA Sports Arena), you'd better believe that they can (as they did) ban all cell phones, camera or not. Ofcourse, this was a one-off event.

Regarding the Staples Center experience, I recall too that there was definitely a mix up: some of the higher ups had actual paper instructions which allowed all cams with lens of 3" or less. Yet some gates DID stop cameras. I was stopped with a semi-pro SLR (1.8 50mm fixed lens, 1.5" long) at one gate, and simply went out and to the next entry point, where I politely handed the woman my camera as I went thru the metal detector. For those that didn't know, Staples is one of the few arenas that use detectors for all events - absolutely a high-profile venue in terms of security. The one trick I was suggested to use but have not had the need to would be to buy/wear a huge metal belt buckle, as that could throw off even those hand-held detectors.

Simply put, I believe U2's tour people will need to clarify to local security that they generally have been allowing all non-Pro cameras during the Vertigo Tour. This will alleviate much unnecessary sweating amongst those who simply want a memory/snapshot of a big show in U2's history (closers are always special!). Besides, many of us can't snap a worthwhile shot if our lives depended on it! :)

[noting that this is only my fourth post here in 3 years! See you all in Hawaii! PM me if you might be able to offer last-second floorspace after the gig - goin' on FRI with NO accomodations...should be interesting!]

Last edited:
Chizip said:
it might be a good idea to hide it in your rectum

Dayum:yikes:

I am bringing my camera I hope to get good pics this time. The last couple of times I tried did not go so well...

:camera:

I was worried taking it to Melbourne, especially when the tickets says 'No cameras'. But I ended up taking it, security dude said they cant do anything about it anyway coz of all the mobiles that have cameras on them. Just dont take something huge with a big zoom lens thing on it. I ended up getting some wicked video from the ellipse.

Back
Top Bottom