Calgary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, looks like it's going to happen in Calgary. The Calgary Sun has this on their website:

U2
Pengrowth Saddledome Sept. 29 & 30. **Tentative**

Word.

friarwolf said:
Yep, looks like it's going to happen in Calgary. The Calgary Sun has this on their website:

U2
Pengrowth Saddledome Sept. 29 & 30. **Tentative**

Word.

OMG.. i just saw it... this is the first place that i see anything being advertised so i hope with all my heart that it happens c'mon people keep praying......:drool:

This is exciting stuff. I don't suppose anyone has any idea when tickets will go on sale...

All I know is I'm going both nights!

THis is an email i just received from the saddle dome in Calgary

How close? Unfortunately we don't know. We have approached the U2 promotions numerous times in regards to a show here in Calgary. It has been indicated that U2 may have some available times in late September.
At this time there is no information, or confirmation that a show will take place. We here at the Saddledome will diligently continue to persuade U2 to come back....but nothing is guaranteed.

Thanks for the email and all the best.insert ITALIC text

so perhaps there is a battle between winnipeg and Calgary because it would be rediculous if these dates werent filled. In my opinion we should each get one show.

i think you mean edmonton or Calgary and Winnipeg because edmonton and Calgary are twin cities.

So let's get this straight. The Calgary Sun is publishing tentative dates. A radio station in Winnepeg says there will be dates in Calgary. And the Saddledome says there is "no information, or confirmation" about dates.

This is torture.

thetitans2k said:
so perhaps there is a battle between winnipeg and Calgary because it would be rediculous if these dates werent filled. In my opinion we should each get one show.

Hold on a second there cowboy ... get out your atlas from grade 8. There is no way they can simply split the shows between Calgary and Winnipeg. There's not enough time to get the stage from one city to the other in time. (on the assumption the dates are sept.29 & 30)

I suggest you save some money and book a flight with westjet to get to Calgary. It's time to face reality ..U2 aint going to Winnipeg.

Sorry ....

To add to the torture, here's an e-mail I just received from Mike Bell, the Calgary Sun's music writer:

That's the rumour.
Sept 29 and 30 at the Dome.
Still unconfirmed.

friarwolf said:
To add to the torture, here's an e-mail I just received from Mike Bell, the Calgary Sun's music writer:

That's the rumour.
Sept 29 and 30 at the Dome.
Still unconfirmed.
You know somebody told me that this happens all the time and the bands book the dates but end up not using them... so i guess the chances are maybe 50/50... i guess the torture will continue and we have to wait...

Everyday I check the rumor-pages and get an idea of what is going on. Today is a great day in my searching though! It would be unfortunate for those in Winnipeg to not get a show, but I'm greedy, and would definitely love to see them in Calgary.

I am getting very excited for Vancouver, but would hate to see the Calgary on-sales occur while I was in flight back from Vancouver - or some other weird occurance like that. I guess all we can do is sit tight, but these rumors are slowly gaining confirmation. And right now it is just speculation for when an announcement for onsale/presale would occur too...

What does Winnipeg have that calgary doesnt? we rule!

If we didnt have a bloody amusment tax bands would come to us right away.

I'm in Saskatoon so Winnipeg, Calgary or Edmonton would be great for me...
Only 5 hours to Edmonton, 6 to Calgary and 7 to Winnipeg.
A drive from Winnipeg to Calgary would be 12 hours...

It would be nice for them to hit Saskatoon..but I know that will never happen so I take the next best thing!!!

Last edited:
maybe they should play three shows in saskatoon to make sure that every one in the area gets a chance

From looking at the current bookings at that time of the tour though...
12th September Toronto
14th September Toronto
16th September Toronto
17th September Toronto
20th September Chicago
21st September Chicago
23rd September Minneapolis
25th September Milwaukee

They are way in the East coast... then when they pick up in October they are in

03rd October Boston
04th October Boston
07th October New York

Still in the East... that is some distance to travel to set up for 2 shows then head back east...

I guess they could hit a few cities on the way out....

Calgary would be way out of the way but Winnipeg would be a good filler between Milluawkee and Boston. so come to Winnipeg!

ZoOed said:
From looking at the current bookings at that time of the tour though...
12th September Toronto
14th September Toronto
16th September Toronto
17th September Toronto
20th September Chicago
21st September Chicago
23rd September Minneapolis
25th September Milwaukee

They are way in the East coast... then when they pick up in October they are in

03rd October Boston
04th October Boston
07th October New York

Still in the East... that is some distance to travel to set up for 2 shows then head back east...

I guess they could hit a few cities on the way out....

Well as much as i hate to admit it.. i think you got a point there... but at the same time who knows anything could happen.. i was checking the dates and they are going from Texas all the way to California and then all the way to Florida so you never know.... either way as long as one of us gets a show... i guess it doesn't matter.. let's keep hoping...

Sanchez said:
I'll be in Calgary if no Edmonton date is announced!

Well i am in Calgary.. so if it happens we should all try and get together for the concert...

what do you mean where is love? are you forgeting 2 in montreal, 1 in ottawa and 4 in TO and all of the maritime provinces wouldnt sell out a show.

come to Winnipeg

thetitans2k said:
what do you mean where is love? are you forgeting 2 in montreal, 1 in ottawa and 4 in TO and all of the maritime provinces wouldnt sell out a show.

come to Winnipeg

(psssst...it was just a joke)
(but while we are on the topic ...those cities are not on the east coast....they're just east of winnipeg :) )

You must forgive thetitans2k, he/she is bitter because U2 is not coming to Winnipeg. Quit your bitching and complaining. East Coast should get a Vertigo tour stop, along with Alberta :wink:

Back
Top Bottom