Buffalo tickets.com situation (*UPDATE*)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retro

The Fly
For those wondering what is going on with your Buffalo tickets, I have an update for you.

I just got off the phone with Tickets.com and they are not mailing out the tickets until April 18th.

Originaly they claimed the tickets were mailed out on March 20th. This is not the case. The tickets are still at the Tickets.com headquarters ...(somewhere between tickethell and ticketpurgatory)

We should all be getting tickets by the end of April/ early May. If they have not show up by then, I recommend you call them. You can reach customer service by calling 1-800-352-0212 or 1-888-223-6000 if it's busy.

I hope this helps anyone with Buffalo tickets ....or anyone who might have ordered another show through tickets.com.

Thanks for the info, I also was wondering when we would get them, since the charges showed up on my last credit card bill.

Last edited:
no problem guys. i guess someone had to be neurotic enough to call tickets.com, might as well be me.

:)

speaking of the Buffalo concert.... I know ticketmaster has been known to release tickets on the day of the concert. does anyone know if theres any chance tickets.com will be doing the same thing for the Buffalo show? I certainly hope so...

grbounds said:
speaking of the Buffalo concert.... I know ticketmaster has been known to release tickets on the day of the concert. does anyone know if theres any chance tickets.com will be doing the same thing for the Buffalo show? I certainly hope so...

From what I know ... it's up to the concert promoter not the ticket agent. If the promoter chooses to release some extra tickets on the day of the show then the ticket agent will gladly ablige and put them on sale. It doesn't really matter who the ticket agent is.(i have some relatives and friends who work in the biz)

More often then not the promoter has extra tickets that clients and other corporate leaches didn't want. Those tickets hit the public on the day of the show. It could be as big as 1000 tickets or as little as 10. (also, U2 has been known to put extra tickets on sale the day of the show to screw over scalpers)

Best thing to do is hang around the box office 4-5 hours before the doors open. It's worked for me before, but their are no guarantees.

hope that helps....

retro said:

From what I know ... it's up to the concert promoter not the ticket agent. If the promoter chooses to release some extra tickets on the day of the show then the ticket agent will gladly ablige and put them on sale. It doesn't really matter who the ticket agent is.(i have some relatives and friends who work in the biz)

More often then not the promoter has extra tickets that clients and other corporate leaches didn't want. Those tickets hit the public on the day of the show. It could be as big as 1000 tickets or as little as 10. (also, U2 has been known to put extra tickets on sale the day of the show to screw over scalpers)

Best thing to do is hang around the box office 4-5 hours before the doors open. It's worked for me before, but their are no guarantees.

hope that helps....

thanks, that helps alot!

For those of you waiting on Tickets.com orders, I'm in New York State, and tickets for Buffalo arrived today (4/14) from Concord, CA. Postmark was 4/11.

fyi, the tickets are scannable via barcode, and they do say 'No Cameras', fyi. Not sure if that will be enforced, but that's what it says on the tickets. (also much snazzier tix than Elevation, nice silver foil logo, will look nice in a frame...)

Just a heads up for those of you waiting....

Originally posted by u2wedge For those of you waiting on Tickets.com orders, I'm in New York State, and tickets for Buffalo arrived today (4/14) from Concord, CA. Postmark was 4/11.

Just a heads up for those of you waiting....

You beat me to it. I'm in Toronto and also received my tickets for Buffalo in the mail today. I'm very confused...but I'll take em.

Here is the chronology of events that I encountered with tickets.com

*I purchased my tickets through the tickets.com website during the public sale. They hadsome weird que system in place that scared me. Nevertheless, I scored GA's and it worked out just fine.

* 2 weeks after my purchase I called tickets.com and they told me the tickets were already mailed out on March 20.

*This monday I called tickets.com again wondering where my tickets are. They told me they won't be mailed out until April 18th. OK, fine.

*Today in my mailbox much to my surprise ..TADA!! My U2 tickets are there.

I can only conclude one thing.... Tickets.com is on crack. Lots and lots of crack. Very very bad crack. It's the kind of crack that most crack addicts wouldn't even touch.

Tickets.com managed to make Ticketmaster look good. I didn't even think that was possible.

....but I got my tickets in the end so I'll stop bitching now :)

I got mine today too...Is there any way to make the 8 month wait any shorter?

So happy! My tickets arrrived today too! Now to find someplace where I won't lose them during the next 8 months....

I'm in Toronto and I also got the tickets for Buffalo that I bought in the general sale.

Here's what perplexes me: I also bought a pair during the presale and I'm still waiting for those. Has anybody who bought Buffalo presale tickets received theirs?

PeterD said:
I'm in Toronto and I also got the tickets for Buffalo that I bought in the general sale.

Here's what perplexes me: I also bought a pair during the presale and I'm still waiting for those. Has anybody who bought Buffalo presale tickets received theirs?

You can reach Tickets.com customer service by calling 1-800-352-0212 or 1-888-223-6000 if it's busy. They told me earlier this week they were mailing out tickets on April 18th. But suddenly today everyone got their tickets. Call and see what kind of answer they give you.

PeterD said:

Mine were presale. You should get yours soon.

Interestingly, I checked my spam folder and I got an email from ticketmaster on 4/10 writing that my tix were sent out UPS but I received them regular mail :huh:

Tickets look cool. My receipt says fan club sale on them. Can't wait to see what my Toronto GAs look like.

grbounds said:

They do. For The Utah and Buffalo Metallica shows that handled tickets.com they did release GA's a few weeks before the show/ Day of the show Buffalo did releaes GA's for Metallica. Utah I was not ther so I have no idea.

Super_Fan said:

They do. For The Utah and Buffalo Metallica shows that handled tickets.com they did release GA's a few weeks before the show/ Day of the show Buffalo did releaes GA's for Metallica. Utah I was not ther so I have no idea.

dude ... did u wear your napster t-shirt?

f lars :)

Back
Top Bottom