Boston Will Be Wicked Crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im not a boston fan

im a cardinals fan, who had to put up with 2 years of tino torture

first he complained the cards fans cheered for him too much :crazy: and that in new york when he played bad they would boo and that would drive him to do better

ive never heard anyone complain they werent getting booed enough

what a nutjob

then after 2 years of suckiness, the fans finally started to boo him and then he got pissed about that

we had to pay 8 million dollars for him to play for another team last year, but it was worth every penny

oh yeah, go u2!

Understandable, but not for any New Yorkers. Tino played from 96-01, complete with World Series championships in 96, 98, 99, 00, and a heartbreaker of runner up 01 season. Those guys were unbelievable. There are some other guys who I wouldn't be able to ever think of as true "Yankees" (i.e. Kevin Brown), but Tino's a hometown hero.

The boys are probably a bit more into soccer and rugby than baseball, but I want to keep it in my head that if they were to pick a team, that team would be in pinstripes... :) Anyhow, that said, U2's going to rock out at both places.

RICA!! MAIL ME!!!

I have found someone on another site who is holding 2 pairs of tix for a Boston show...2 300's and 2 GA's...they have mailed me and I have asked them to hold the tix, they are willing to do a trade if you get anything!!

Mail me! And your friend had better get a move on!!:)

~T~
Spindle40@hotmail.com

(and anybody else who tries this, I'll know if it ISN'T Rica...I'll "test" you.:wink: )

Ramlbin, in reagards to the tickets, they haven't gone on sale yet. Fberuary 27th, or something like that. The Mets organizaiton was so caught up in singing Curlie (Pedro) and Carlos, they forgot to release the tickets when, let me see, about every other team did. So I'll have to wait.

Also like to add, this thread is not an argument thread. There is nothing to argue about. The red sox were the better team LAST year, but the yankees will "blow their socks off" this year. They seem to have forgotten that losing more talent than you gain is a bad thing.

CTU2fan said:
Millar's not beter, but Big Papi Ortiz is :)

I too am amused by the Sox/Yanks turn this thread has taken...during one of the Boston Elevation shows Bono said something to the effect of "that one's hard to take Boston" after playing "New York". And as for the Irving Plaza gig, I found it even funnier when it got kind of quiet and some NY fan yelled out "Yankee Baseball!"

I remember the crowd breaking into a Yankees S**k chant following Desire on Boston 2. If you listen carefully, its also on the Boston DVD :wink:

Anyway, I would like to see them play Gillette - Jonathan kraft is a huge fan. But that won;t happen on this tour. Who knows, maybe summer 2006.

Back during the Elevation tour, I started a yahoogroup for New England area fans. On there, we plan pre-concert meet-ups, gatherings, and talk about tours. So if you live in New England, plan to go to shows in Boston, or just want to hang out with those who live in Red Sox Nation...come join us!

We also have a little database on the groups site for people looking to sell/buy/trade tickets for the tour. Those who sell their tickets above face value will have their posting removed. So if you are interested in joining, send a subscription request to:

NewEnglandU2Fans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

thx
danielle

Back
Top Bottom