boston GA 12/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karina23

Babyface
ok, i know this is kind of early to be asking this, seeing as there is another month and a half to the show, but, i have been obsessing over this latley..i'm hoping someone can help me out.

to stand in line for ga in dec in boston will be FREEZING. that being said, i still want to do it, because i know if i dont get lucky and get into the ellipse, i'm going to want to be front and center outside of the rail. therefore, in dec would one venture to guess that i still will have to wait starting like midnight the night before in order to be first in line? also i don't have fan tickets this time, just regular admission ones...anyone really familar with the fleetcenter? will the waiting still be outside like it was for the oct shows? i can't imagine waiting from 12am in freezing cold boston dec weather, but i guess it would be worth it in the end...any thoughts on this please? thanks...

karina
'here's to the future! the only limits are the limits of our imagination.'

First, at least you don't have to wait all day outside. Only before you get your wristband in the morning. Whats a couple of hours in the middle of the night in freezing weather.

Maybe it'll even snow and be a NorthEaster!

yeah i guess i'll just bundle up with sweaters and a really warm coat plus scarf, mittens all that stuff...it will def be an experience!!!!!!

karina

The big question for Boston in December actually is:
Does someone have (GA) tickets to sell to me? :huh:

:)

karina23 said:
ok, i know this is kind of early to be asking this, seeing as there is another month and a half to the show, but, i have been obsessing over this latley..i'm hoping someone can help me out.

to stand in line for ga in dec in boston will be FREEZING. that being said, i still want to do it, because i know if i dont get lucky and get into the ellipse, i'm going to want to be front and center outside of the rail. therefore, in dec would one venture to guess that i still will have to wait starting like midnight the night before in order to be first in line? also i don't have fan tickets this time, just regular admission ones...anyone really familar with the fleetcenter? will the waiting still be outside like it was for the oct shows? i can't imagine waiting from 12am in freezing cold boston dec weather, but i guess it would be worth it in the end...any thoughts on this please? thanks...

karina
'here's to the future! the only limits are the limits of our imagination.'

It's never too early!
Coucou06.gif

I hope you all stay warm, I can't imagine camping out in a GA line in the snow! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tbh, the way the weather's been going, it's not going to snow by then. and i've heard that they just kick you off the premises if you're trying to camp out, but i would speak to brokengrrl (somethinglikethat). she was first in line before, methinks. i would say, if you get there at 5am, you're probs gonna get a spot on the rail anyway, but who knows? I was 110 or something last time and i was just second row from the outside of the rail. (i came at 7:45, i think.)

I have a question about this...

the thing that was sent out for October says you may begin lining up at 8am for your numbered wristbands... as it was the same in May I'm assuming it'll be the same in December. Here's a link, if you want it...
http://www.tdbanknorthgarden.com/U2.pdf

I find it hard to believe that nobody will show up until 8am. Do people line up elsewhere? What exactly happened in October and May? Do they kick you out if you get there before 8?

I'm weird about doing new things unless I know EXACTLY what's going on.

Well, at least w/ Boston it sounds like they give you the wrist band w/ a number early in the morning, and then you can leave for a sizable chunk of the day after that. At least it shouldn't involve hours upon hours of standing in the bitter cold!

Hi

In May we tried to line up next to the arena but there was a security guard who wasn't very nice and told us to leave...we ended up lining up at the federal building next to the arena instead, this continued for the rest of the may shows. In october, by the time I got there the line had already formed at the federal building....and security just comes over in the morning and moves the line when they are ready. It is actually a good spot because there is on overhead covering incase it is raining/snowing and it helps break the wind that can whip through there! Hope this helps.

brkngrrl said:
Hi

In May we tried to line up next to the arena but there was a security guard who wasn't very nice and told us to leave...we ended up lining up at the federal building next to the arena instead, this continued for the rest of the may shows. In october, by the time I got there the line had already formed at the federal building....and security just comes over in the morning and moves the line when they are ready. It is actually a good spot because there is on overhead covering incase it is raining/snowing and it helps break the wind that can whip through there! Hope this helps.

excellent, that's exactly what I wanted to know

so about how early do you think I should get there, if I'm looking to be near the front?

mabel - I'm happy about that too, I wasn't looking forward to sitting out in the cold all day... :reject:

Kristie said:

excellent, that's exactly what I wanted to know

so about how early do you think I should get there, if I'm looking to be near the front?

mabel - I'm happy about that too, I wasn't looking forward to sitting out in the cold all day... :reject:

I'm going to the show on Monday in New York. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do/wear. I'd definitely prefer it if they handled it the way they do in Boston. I'd rather get there ridiculously early, all bundled up, get my wristband and then veg at home for a while before returning later w/ a lightened load of clothing. What can you do though? I'll just have to make due.

hippy said:
:|

I'm in Atlanta right now... it's 39 degrees outside and I'm dying because I spent 15 minutes outside getting gas and something to eat.

How am I ever going to survive Boston? :(

39 degrees in Atlanta?! I have a feeling it won't be much colder in Boston (even in a week or so).

hippy said:
:|

I'm in Atlanta right now... it's 39 degrees outside and I'm dying because I spent 15 minutes outside getting gas and something to eat.

How am I ever going to survive Boston? :(

at least you won't have to stand out there in the cold ALL DAY... but yeah, 38 degrees can be a bitch when all you're doing is standing there
we can huddle :)

so where is this federal building in accordance to where they actually gave the wrist bands in boston for the oct shows? i'm going to the 12/4 and can't wait but i am really concerned about getting as good a spot as possible. sooo, i'm planning on lining up at like midnight. but i need to know where to stand!!

and i just walked back from a friend's to my dorm and it is sooo freking cold outside. i don't know how i'm going to survive 8 hrs of standing in boston coldness. it's already freezing here and it's just going to get worse in the next 2 weeks i'm afraid!!

The Federal building is directly to the left of the TDBanknorthFleetCenterBostonGardenbuildingwithtoomanynames.
Its on the west side, where they also distribute the wristbands.

for boston may 28 i got there at around 8:30 and was like number 167 in line and ended up one row of behind from the outside of the ellipse.

hope that little bit of info helps.

does anybody know how the Boston GA works once you get inside? I have some friends who have seats in the upper level and I wanted to know if I would be able to leave the floor area to hang out with them before the show, or if it's totally separated from the rest of the arena

You can access the main concourse from the floor at any time, so you can hang with your friends, but you might risk losing your spot on the floor if you don't have someone to hold it.

I'll be in town for both shows!! I have seats for both concerts but would like to meet with other Interference Members in the GA line.
1>. Will I be able to hang out with them even though I don't have GA seats.

2>. How will I recognize Interference Members?

YBORCITYOBL said:

1>. Will I be able to hang out with them even though I don't have GA seats.
There isn't gonna be a traditional GA line in Boston. GA patrons get a wristband and don't have to line up till a little before the doors open, so your opportunity is maybe an hour, from 5 to 6. Technically you're supposed to have a wristband to get into the GA lineup area, but I'm sure you could maneuver in to mingle.

2>. How will I recognize Interference Members?
They are all light blue in skin tone.

Snowing in Boston right now. :| Not exactly looking forward to sitting outside waiting for possible tickets! :wink:

What happens if I have GA tickets but I don't arrive until 8pm? Is there a long line? Will I be at the back of the arena?

okelliheru2 said:
What happens if I have GA tickets but I don't arrive until 8pm? Is there a long line? Will I be at the back of the arena?

Probably will not be a long line... you could possibly scan into the ellipse. :)

You'll probably not be on the rail either in the ellipse or outside... but anywhere on the floor is cool :wink:

All this information has been really useful (thank you!), but no one has really addressed the coat issue yet. What do you usually do with your coats and scarves or whatever else is necessary to withstand the Boston cold? Do people just have to take them in and hold them, or is there a better solution? Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom