boston GA 12/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't done GA before but I'm pretty sure you'll just have to take it in and hold it. I'm planning on dressing less warmly. huddling with a buddy, and sucking it up for an hour.

If don't get GA; what are great seats?

Thanks everyone for the great info on here!

I'm one of the poor folks that's still trying to get tickets for either the 12/4 or 12/5 Boston shows through Ebay :), but luckily there are quite a few tickets available; just the good ones (section14, etc.) are REALLY expensive! :)

If I don't get GA; but seats; how can I still get close without paying $800 (and see Bono at least running by close)? Does anyone know how far (what sections) the ellipse reaches out into the arena? Does it go to, lets say, the middle of section 22; or even farther, like the middle of section 12?

If I get GA: Can anyone tell me how the "ellipse people" are selected; is it random/luck? And how early do you have to be there to get a good standing position (even if you're not in ellipse)?

Thanks so much for your help!!
PK

PS: In case I spent all my Christmas money ;)...I heard someone say that the first rows in section 14 have blocked vie; does anyone know if that's true?

I just did ETS - skip ebay and do that, it's cheaper.

So, now that I do have my GA...the dilemma is, do I show up for the line with a down sleeping bag at about 1am (when the T stops running) or do I show up at 5:45 am when it starts again? Anybody else planning an overnight? As a female alone I don't want to be the onlly one even if it does mean the first wrist band. I have two friends with tickets but they aren't nearly as crazy as I am; they might go for 6am but not midnight.

Varitek said:
I just did ETS - skip ebay and do that, it's cheaper.

So, now that I do have my GA...the dilemma is, do I show up for the line with a down sleeping bag at about 1am (when the T stops running) or do I show up at 5:45 am when it starts again? Anybody else planning an overnight? As a female alone I don't want to be the onlly one even if it does mean the first wrist band. I have two friends with tickets but they aren't nearly as crazy as I am; they might go for 6am but not midnight.

I'm planning on showing up around 3am with two burly guys and two puny females :wink:

I'll probably show up at like 5 or 6.

So here's a question.

Will they give you a wristband without a ticket?

Say, if you have a ticket for 12/5 and you are trading it for your 12/4 ticket in the afternoon, after wristband time but before re-lining up time.
Will they give you a wristband in the morning?
If you do need a ticket could you flash your yet to be traded 12/5 ticket and flutter your eyelashes and hope they don't notice the date's wrong?

Kristie said:
I'll probably show up at like 5 or 6.

So here's a question.

Will they give you a wristband without a ticket?

Say, if you have a ticket for 12/5 and you are trading it for your 12/4 ticket in the afternoon, after wristband time but before re-lining up time.
Will they give you a wristband in the morning?
If you do need a ticket could you flash your yet to be traded 12/5 ticket and flutter your eyelashes and hope they don't notice the date's wrong?

I vaguely remember someone posting about this before. You MUST have a GA ticket, otherwise, no wristband for you. I do like the sleight of hand you've suggested though. :wink:

MTEdge said:

I vaguely remember someone posting about this before. You MUST have a GA ticket, otherwise, no wristband for you. I do like the sleight of hand you've suggested though. :wink:

what about ETS vouchers?

'cause my entourage is going to have one of those too...

Kristie said:

what about ETS vouchers?

'cause my entourage is going to have one of those too...

Sorry, I don't have first hand knowledge about how ETS vouchers would work in Boston. My guess is that they will be good enough to get you a wristband. Anyone here use ETS GA's for the October Boston shows?

Anyone knows when they give out these wristbands? I gonna fly in from the UK the day before, - and will show up at some stage early-ish to get a wristband.

Also, I am on ETS - on my own. Need to hook up with a Ellipse scanning buddy - its my third Vertigo gig, and the first one ever in GA- I want to make the most of it!!!

Thanks

I wish I had time to get into Boston earlier:banghead: . Is there a place that every one maybe going to get warm right before the show???:eyebrow:

Regarding the weather: I live 45 min. west of Boston, and it's 60 degrees right now.
But it's New England, the weather can change any minute.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Regarding the weather: I live 45 min. west of Boston, and it's 60 degrees right now.
But it's New England, the weather can change any minute.

This morning they are predicting highs of barely 30 for the weekend, with a chance of snow late Sunday and on Monday. Plan accordingly, kids! I walk through that side of the Garden daily to get my train and it's a damn wind tunnel even on the nicest of days!

Gotta love new england weather. I was walking from work to the train today (right near the garden), and didnt even need my jacket. That could change any minute though.

And... where are people waiting before the 5pm line up? any bars in particular? the Harp is right there, but it's always juiced and with a long line.

stand in aisle?

Does anyone one know how strict the security people in Boston are about standing in the aisle. Let's sau you have a seat in some loge section higher up, but wanna go down (at least for a few songs) and stand in the aisle...Will they let you?

And are the different logesections connected wthout a "barrier"; meaning: Can you move from, let's say loge 15 to loge 14 or 16?

Thanks!!
PK

They're relatively strict about keeping the aisles clear, fire hazard.

And moving between sections usually pisses off the people who are sitting in the sections you are trying to invade.

Even after reading all of this, i am confused. . .

I know people will be lining up before 8am, but at what time are the wristbands distrubuted?

ie., what is the interval that you will be able to leave and do stuff in town (10am until 5pm) or are people going to be lining up to get in the venue all day?

Please advise. . .

hi i am in major need of cash and thus am unfortunetly trying to sell my GA tix for the 12/4 show. i bought them for $440 off ebay. if anyone is interested in paying around that price and meeting me in the boston area to get them i would love it. i feel terrible because i really want to go, but unfortunetly am running very low on cash, and still have lots of xmas presents to buy. so i'm putting my own wants second..

email me: karinalee2009@yahoo.com

Taking Photos?

After seeing all these awesome pictures from Boston on some of the threads on here, I would like to take a camera to the concert, too.

Obviously people are able to “smuggle” cameras in, and when you look at the DVD it seems like lots of people are taking pictures without getting in trouble. But does anyone know if security gets angry when you use a flash?

Thanks!
PK

Back
Top Bottom