Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rang local ticketek and told me yes there is a second show but no release date at this time!!! What is going on?? I just want to go :(

Arcadion said:

Geez, right when i got mine :ohmy:

A friend rang me from a line at an agency, it would have been about 9.30 and they'd sold out of GA's and everything except the shitty back rows of the stadium (which are honestly not worth it). He's hanging on the second show.

adalaide

goes on sale at noon correct?

When you think thye'll announce the second show release? Anyone have any thoughts

fingal77 said:
Just rang local ticketek and told me yes there is a second show but no release date at this time!!! What is going on?? I just want to go :(

all i really want to know is if it goes on sale today or what?? i could be lining up at bass right now for adelaide tickets but i can't be there and ticketek at the same time!!!

I love the pot luck of all of this. You can be the most dedicated fan, line-up all night last night and turn out with exactly the same tickets as somone who decides to have a wander through Ticketek at 12:01 on there lunch break. :lol:

It's a funny world.

And then I just rang the "main" ticketek number and they didn't even have an idea of what was going on!!! All I know that it may be on the saturday night!!! ARGH!!! :(

timothius said:
News Alerts are in baby...

Apparently Aucks will have a second show... but it is the day after which means I have to chose between Rugby & U2. I think we know who will win this one. :happy:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411415/635926

Seems One spoke a bit soon on the sale date though. Apparently tickets are on sale 12 December.

And what rugby's on? I didn't think anything important's on in March.

timothius said:
I love the pot luck of all of this. You can be the most dedicated fan, line-up all night last night and turn out with exactly the same tickets as somone who decides to have a wander through Ticketek at 12:01 on there lunch break. :lol:

It's a funny world.

i know. i went to ticketek here at port adelaide to get a ticket for sydney and there was no one there. just a guy buying stamps. if i knew it was going to be that easy, straight in, straight out, i would have gotten tickets for other people here who missed out.

well if another show goes on sale another day, i'll be happy to get tickets for people. screw the internet.

A few ppl in Newcastle would have killed for that opportunity - it's all about pot luck and also how ticketek handles these things - which is always pretty bad :)

Axver said:

Seems One spoke a bit soon on the sale date though. Apparently tickets are on sale 12 December.

And what rugby's on? I didn't think anything important's on in March.

Auckland vs Brumbies. :drool:

As much as I dig U2, St Patricks Day will be enough for me, and I don't really fancy waiting around Ericcson 2 days straight, when I could be catching up with people and seeing the beautiful city that is Aucks!

after hearing all this, my hopes of getting an A reserve ticket have almost gone out the window...so i will be happy with n e thing i get. i just want to be in that stadium when they play! thats been my lifelong dream....

tickettek

how come it's been sold out for an hour or 2 and I still can't get on, what a bad site... Any word yet on the second show?

got this off ninemsn

"Fans get vertigo over U2 tour
Monday Dec 5 11:00 AEDT
Fans of Irish supergroup U2 are being asked to pay up to $1100 a ticket on eBay after their Australian Vertigo tour sold out within in hour at venues across the country.
Phone lines were jammed and the Ticketek website was shut down as fans scrambled to get tickets to concerts in Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney next March.
However thousands of fans have missed out despite the imposition of an eight-ticket limit and the concerts being held in large venues such as Sydney's Telstra Stadium and Melbourne's Telstra Dome.
The sellout has sparked a wave of bidding on internet auction sites such as eBay, with a pair of A-reserve tickets to the Sydney concert already attracting bids of more than $2,200.
Even general admission standing room tickets are selling on the website for an average of $300 a ticket, three times their face value"

Aussie Edge said:
Phone lines were jammed and the Ticketek website was shut down as fans scrambled to get tickets to concerts in Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney next March.

Nice bullcrap there, considering Adelaide and Brisbane aren't on sale yet!

The scalpers are very smart. After the second show goes on sale these prices will deflate dramatically (GA especially). It will be interesting to see how many back out of auction wins. :hmm:

Ack, Tim, can you do me a huge favour, please and email me at work when the second Sydney show goes on sale? please, please, pelase. I won't be able to watch the U2 websites while I'm working. :woe:

Just had a look at the Michael Coppel website - it say stayed tuned for an announcement tomorrow....well that makes me feel better :) I can go to work and actually think about work and being a nurse I think that it kind of important :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom