Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewCowley said:

But who is doing internet sales for Adelaide? Ticket Master or BASS?

I'm here in Sydney and I got tickets for Sydney thru the pre-sale so I'm set for Sydney. I'm thinking I may as well try for Brisbane and Adelaide too. And I'm guessing I need to use Ticket Master online at 12pm and 12:30pm for Brisbane and Adelaide respectively. After 12:30pm presumably the Ticket Master web site will let you pick which city you are buying for since all 3 of Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide will be on sale then.

adelaide online is ticketmaster, or bass if you wanna go and line up at an outlet.

i want to get this straight, if anyone knows - i can't ring up bass and get a ticket can i? it has to be in person at an outlet???

brownda7 said:
So when do you think they will announce sydney2??

that's what i wanna know as well.... i don't want to miss out on the last show they do in australia... probably won't see them for another 10 or so years, lol.

and i'm serious.

Ticketmaster is doing phone and website. BASS is outlets only

This is on the BASS website...
U2
Will be playing at AAMI Stadium on March 28, 2006. Tickets on sale from noon on December 5.
Tickets for the Adelaide show will be available from BASS Outlets or via <ticketmaster website> or Ticketmaster's phone booking service on 136 100.
A Reserve tickets are $150, B Reserve tickets are $130 and C Reserve tickets are $99.
General Admission tickets are $99.

Cheers for that info. That really sucks then cos I havent' been able to get on the Ticketmaster site all morning. I've never had so much trouble getting tickets for U2 ever in my life!!!!!

AndrewCowley said:

Earnie, do you know this for a fact? This is a very important piece of information for those who have bummed out on Sydney 1.

Not 100%, but that's 'the word' from a pretty reliable person.

The Sydney 1 show has completely sold out now, so the phone lines/internet/outlets should start getting a lot quieter (how many other cities are on Ticketek?) If you work near an outlet, in the city or something, maybe wander down and ask? Or just keep trying to get through and they'll tell you.

Defintitely will go on sale today, as soon as possible I'd imagine. I wouldn't expect much/any fanfare either, it will just happen.

Earnie Shavers said:

Not 100%, but that's 'the word' from a pretty reliable person.

The Sydney 1 show has completely sold out now, so the phone lines/internet/outlets should start getting a lot quieter (how many other cities are on Ticketek?) If you work near an outlet, in the city or something, maybe wander down and ask? Or just keep trying to get through and they'll tell you.

Defintitely will go on sale today, as soon as possible I'd imagine. I wouldn't expect much/any fanfare either, it will just happen.

i'm going to walk down and find out now. omg.

jessi-ma-ca said:
your right. sydney show has sold out....

I am in there now and it says this:

standing (arena): Limited seats only
b reserve: Limited seats only

Everything else is gone. Not quite sold out yet. Very close I'd say. Midday looking good for the on sale time for Sydney 2.

if i walked over to ticketek now do you think they would be able to tell me if there's going to be another show or not? would they sell out another show do ya reckon?

its sold out.... i got onto ticketek on the phone and they said it was sold out... while i was on the net it still said that limited seats were avalible, but there not.... SOLD OUT! im so devistated

Yes, they'd know for sure and they'd tell you.

The second show may not sell out, 180,000 tickets is a massive ask, even in Sydney. I'd say A Reserve will move very very quickly, GA's will go within a day or two, but for the B/C/D stadium seats, they'll be available for a long time.

If 2 Telstra Stadium concerts sell out in one day, U2 should relocate to Sydney permanently.

timothius said:
It says Limited Seats, but don't be decieved... it's sold out.

I'd imagine there's a 'closing off' in their system, so that while technicaly some seats are spoken for, they're not 'sold' yet either. So the system can't/hasn't closed it off completely yet, but essentially it's all gone. I think GA's were gone by about 9.30.

A Kiwi radio station is now reporting that the second Auckland date will go on sale on the 12th.

Yay for conflicting sources! :|

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a lurker here, this is my first post!

Just got back from getting tix for Sydney - I got my three G.A.s so I'm ecstatic!

I don't think anybody realised how much demand there was going to be for this show. I mean, it sold FAST. I was near the front of the queue, and by the time I got to the counter they were down to 'C' and 'D' reserves. 'A' reserves were GONE by the time the FIRST PERSON in the line had finished buying their tickets. We're talking a couple of minutes here. There were many a disappointed person.

But yeah, HALLELUJAH for the second show!! If you missed out on tickets for the 31st there's now plenty of hope, which is awesome!!

now we just have to pray for MOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hawkmoon26969 said:
I was near the front of the queue, and by the time I got to the counter they were down to 'C' and 'D' reserves. 'A' reserves were GONE by the time the FIRST PERSON in the line had finished buying their tickets. We're talking a couple of minutes here. There were many a disappointed person.

Very, very few A Reserves actually went on sale this morning. Sad but true.

Hawkmoon26969 said:

now we just have to pray for MOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Amen to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom