Australia is on - early 2006!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eyebrow: maybe i was thinking of John Lee Hooker.. well not me.. my mum haha... :| this whole tour thing is driving me crazy:huh: i sooooo wish they would just let it out on the press.. or leak it.. cause damn im getting frustrated:mad: ...

:)ohmy: sorry to BB King fans..lol.. such a bad mistake)

Okay, can somebody please explain the U2/Australian tour situation to me. I'm lost.

Can we get tickets yet.
Are they coming to Melbourne.
Can they do SOME GODDAM PROMOTING SO PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA KNOW THEY EXIST?? :mad:

COBL_04 said:
Okay, can somebody please explain the U2/Australian tour situation to me. I'm lost.

Can we get tickets yet.
Can they do SOME GODDAM PROMOTING SO PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA KNOW THEY EXIST?? :mad:

1. No
2. You would think so.

No, they're not coming to Melbourne. They'll say they are, but when they land in Australia, they'll make straight for my backyard and play a month there instead.

Axver said:
No, they're not coming to Melbourne. They'll say they are, but when they land in Australia, they'll make straight for my backyard and play a month there instead.

Cool! Can I come? I'd probably have more luck getting into your backyard than purchasing "zero" tickets online :|

Bring me a pack of Tim Tams and you're in. Two packs and you get front row.

Anyone who can smuggle Arataki honey in from New Zealand will be permitted five song requests, a meal with the band, and a free copy of at least five concerts recorded from the soundboard.

Axver said:
Bring me a pack of Tim Tams and you're in. Two packs and you get front row.

Anyone who can smuggle Arataki honey in from New Zealand will be permitted five song requests, a meal with the band, and a free copy of at least five concerts recorded from the soundboard.

Easily done. :up:

Actually I have some Tim Tam icecream in the fridge from one of those pizza deal thingies.

COBL_04 said:
Can we get tickets yet.

My semi-little birdy educated guess is we'll know by the end of this month and be buying next month.

COBL_04 said:

Yes. Several shows.

COBL_04 said:

The first U2 tour in 8 years won't go by unnoticed. I also don't think it will need much promotion at all. I would suggest that just a few newspaper/radio ads over the space of a week is all it will take for 4 SuperDome shows or 1 Football Stadium show to sell out.

let's hope so - will then have to find the cash to pay for tickets to all concerts...

Your going to hear me cheer when they announce it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much do you think tickets will be for a Melbourne show where I can see what's going on? Are there seats or is it just standing? Is it safe for a 15 year old to go?

Im thinking we'll find out sometime in September. Or maybe to coincide with the start of the 3rd leg?

Im dying too. Im sure someone out here in Oz knows something! We should try to do some investigating. Emailing Universal Australia, Ticketek, promotors, etc.

COBL_04 said:
How much do you think tickets will be for a Melbourne show where I can see what's going on? Are there seats or is it just standing? Is it safe for a 15 year old to go?

Can't help you with prices, but U2 crowds are good and you should be fine. I was in GA at Boston (I'm 18, my girlfriend's 17) and there was absolutely NO crush at all. At the second show, I was in the front row on the rail in front of Edge and I still had room to dance. The only time someone touched me was when I accidentally jumped into the person behind me - oh, and when security tapped me back for being over-exuberant when U2 busted into Out Of Control! :lol:

Who knows, they may have to have full seating anyway with no standing room, though I think that's unlikely as U2 don't like that. Bear in mind that Australian crowds are SHIT though, if they've got seats they just sit there like they're at a movie. Fucking convicts. (For more, I can link to my bitching after seeing the Finn Brothers - great show, terrible crowd.)

COBL_04 said:

Assume that the cheapest will be around $100. The most expensive could very well be $150+.

bono_man said:
Im thinking we'll find out sometime in September. Or maybe to coincide with the start of the 3rd leg?

Im dying too. Im sure someone out here in Oz knows something! We should try to do some investigating. Emailing Universal Australia, Ticketek, promotors, etc.

I'll be finding out what I can next week - will duly report....

Earnie Shavers said:

Assume that the cheapest will be around $100. The most expensive could very well be $150+.

Ouch.

My GA tickets in the US were roughly AUS$75 or so. I guess I just better hope the GAs are cheapest and that I can take $25 or so more ...

There seems to be a bit of interest in Australian shows judging by the number of times this forum has been viewed.

Axver, I saw the Finn bros in Melbourne, and the crowd was flat as hell. Having said that, they played a fairly obscure setlist, and it was in the arts centre which has beautiful acoustics, but is hardly a good venue for a rock concert.

I emailed Universal Australia and got this:

Thanks so much for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply. At this stage, we are still in the dark in terms of a U2 tour. Dates have not been announced as we are still awaiting confirmation that they will include Australia in the world tour. Any information that we find out will be posted immediately on our website so keep on checking.

Kind Regards,
Karen Farrugia
Universal Music Australia

Im worried they are gonna do a Elevation on us. I still havent forgiven them for that!

arzcrack said:
Axver, I saw the Finn bros in Melbourne, and the crowd was flat as hell. Having said that, they played a fairly obscure setlist, and it was in the arts centre which has beautiful acoustics, but is hardly a good venue for a rock concert.

Which night did you go? Night 1 or Night 2 (which has Noel Crombie guest on drums)? I'm assuming night 1 because there were several techincal problems and Neil was pretty thrown & apparently he pshyced it at Paul Stacey during Dirty Creature. Got poor reviews saying MR blew them off the stage and that they are a dying force.

Night 2 from all reports was amazing and much improved.

In any case the only reason why the setlist may be obscure is if you haven't listened to the new album. Outside of that there is always 3 famous Enz songs, 3 famous Crowdies songs, 2 songs from the first Finn album and at most 2 raraties. :shrug:

Australian crowds vary from gig to gig.

Axver said:

Ouch.

My GA tickets in the US were roughly AUS$75 or so. I guess I just better hope the GAs are cheapest and that I can take $25 or so more ...

I just got GA tickets for the Black Eyed Peas and paid $90.00.

The last time U2 came to Perth the tickets cost me $190.00 (but that was pretty close to the front). They had seating everywhere (no dance floor) and bouncers jumped on anyone who looked like they were having a good time.

I expect to pay the same :shrug:

younger crowds here in Oz seem to be fine. I have been to many a festival and concert here and they are good. i think aussies tend to lose their pulse after age 30!

Tania said:

The last time U2 came to Perth the tickets cost me $190.00 (but that was pretty close to the front). They had seating everywhere (no dance floor) and bouncers jumped on anyone who looked like they were having a good time.
That's true, I saw them at Sydney Stadium and we had tickets way up in the stands (moral: never let your friend buy the tickets :grumpy: ) so we ran onto the field and stood behind the chair section on the grass. Bouncers were extremely shitty and made about 80% of the crowd who rushed on the field go back to their seats. We were allowed to stay so long we stayed behind the chairs. It was lovely especially when the storm arrived and we got soaked :lol:

Back
Top Bottom