Australia is on - early 2006!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:

Melbourne restaurants - Lygon street :drool:

:hyper:

Yes! I had the best feed at Lygon street a couple of years ago at a GP... it was wicked!

Also there is a lot of Australian musical "heritage" (maybe even culture :ohmy: ) down in Melbourne. So maybe Melbourne - I think the people there think they are a bit too trendy though. That and the smoking. Everyone smokes. I had a chest infection after I was there for 2 days.

bazza said:
Melbourne = cultural wantabe - if you think Melbourne has culture go overseas.

Australia thinks it has culture.

Meanwhile, New Zealand actually has it.

No, football isn't culture. RUGBY FOOTBALL is, though!

RUGBY IS LIFE! :rockon:

Axver.... fear not about the western ones...

We all know about the time difference between the east & west... 2 hours & 2 hundered years :yes:

William Webb Ellis is about to pick up the ball and run with it over there :hyper:

timothius said:
Axver.... fear not about the western ones...

We all know about the time difference between the east & west... 2 hours & 2 hundered years :yes:

William Webb Ellis is about to pick up the ball and run with it over there :hyper:

Soon, they shall truly live.

What do you make of this thread in Zootopia:

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=u2-general&Number=1234816

Entertainment Centre
Monday 2 January 2006
Tuesday 3 January 2006

Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena
Friday 6 January 2006
Saturday 7 January 2006
Monday 9 January 2006
Tuesday 10 January 2006

Sydney - Superdome
Friday 13 January 2006
Saturday 14 January 2006
Monday 17 January 2006
Tuesday 18 January 2006

Cheers RamblinRose!

That looks like the dates that were being rumoured before we heard the rumour (which I think most of us believe) that they have decided to switch to a stadium route instead of arenas based on the success of Europe.

But it's all really speculation at this point - who knows until they finally put their cards on the table. :shrug:

yeh that was the rumor / leak back in feb/mar 05. I think it'll be more like Feb/March.

Then again...they could go back into the studio to record a newy...

timothius said:
I've got a feeling that we will be hearing something fairly soon.

dear australians,
if just hearing Bono's velvett voice is enough to give you a little thrill while we are waiting, I notice ABC TV is repeating an Elvis documentary tonight. I watched it a few years ago purely because I like Elvis Presley. Believe me, it was a very pleasant surprise when it started and I realised Bono was the narrator.
Tues July 26, 11:10
Elvis - From The Waist Up.

Axver said:

And then come here to do Lovetown II :drool:
:up:
now if my particular little U2 dream was to come true, they'd tour here in April and bring BB King with them. Both BB and U2 would perform at the East Coast Blues and Roots Festival, I'd have enough money to see that show, U2 in Melbourne as well as Brisbane and my hub would come to Melbourne with me to visit his dad. I nearly fainted the other day when I found out he'll be 80 next year and just got divorced...again. I kinda feel sorry for him, a bit. I'd like them to see one another one more time at least.
And I'd like to see BB King and U2 one more time....at least.

okay okay.. erm.... BB King passed away like 6 months ago (i think) so my mum tells me..
So.. sorry to shatter your dreams cass....

oh and cass, i watched that Elvis thing.. it was a good watch...
Although I found Bono narrative skills arent the best.. he seemed
um... plain and boring?! I dunno, but yeah it was a good watch..
thanks cass

that's what i've found on u2tours:

Rumors: Brazil / Europe 2006
Jornal de Commercio
July 27, 2005
Brazil's Jornal de Commercio ran a short story today showing a photo of Bono meeting with Culture Minister (and singer) Gilberto Gil, and reporting that Bono told Gil U2 will play Brazil in 2006 after the band plays in Europe. The article also says Bono would like Gil to join the band on stage. (Thx GG and LM)

Back
Top Bottom