Australia is on - early 2006!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait for the tour leg of New Zealigo where they play 200 concerts in New Zealand to make up for the ridiculous amount of shows they've played in the US since they last went to NZ in 1993.

I'll be rocking out at all 199 of the non-Auckland shows. :wink:

beli said:
:lol:

What about if U2 play a concert on the movie set of a remake of Hitchcocks "Vertigo"?

You know it.. it will be everybody's favorite...VERTIGO2 :hyper:

and for the Malibu one... Vertibu :wink:

What about Santiago?... THEY HAVE TO COME TO SOUTH AMERICA!!! :mad:

Vertigo + Santiago = SANTIGO!!! it's almost too perfect :sad:

Axver said:
I can't wait for the tour leg of New Zealigo where they play 200 concerts in New Zealand to make up for the ridiculous amount of shows they've played in the US since they last went to NZ in 1993.

I'll be rocking out at all 199 of the non-Auckland shows. :wink:

It will be so sad you are not at the 200th show at Cornwall Park in Auckland... at the foot of One Tree Hill. Oh well shit happens.

dazzlingamy said:
ARGH!!!
I'm going absoultey bananas! My heart can't handle this little snippets of 'yes we're coming...dec....jan...feb'

OMG I WILL FARKING DIE IF THEY DO STADIUM SHOWS :drool:

I am just waiting for ticket releases!

I pray they go to adel and perth, but i bet they wont :mad:

OK Guys......the news that U2 are coming out to Oz in Jan/Feb 2006 is old, but here is an update as to what I know.

The dates for Vertigo Australia were provisionally booked for December this year but that all changed when U2 decided to head back to the States for the third leg of the tour.

What is known from those provisional dates is that there were going to be two shows at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, 4 shows in Melbourne at the Rod Laver Arena and another 4 shows in Sydney at another arena.

There were no planned stadium shows and no planned visit to Perth, Adelaide or at this stage, New Zealand (sorry Axver), although I don't know why that is.

These plans are not expected to change for the 're-scheduled' visit in January/February 2006.

The dates are likely to be confirmed in the next month or two and tickets should go on sale sometime between the end of August - end of September, so you'll want to make sure the ole credit card/bank balance is wedged up around that time!!!

cheers neil. shame about no stadiums but at least we get to see them...

i reckon we might even have a setlist shakeup due to missing the elevation tour..

They dont play NZ anymore 'cos the last two tours there have pulled pretty poor crowds. The Lovetown tour and Zoo TV both failed dramatically in regards to ticket sales.

Also Kiwis have silly accents :madspit:

bono_man said:
They dont play NZ anymore 'cos the last two tours there have pulled pretty poor crowds. The Lovetown tour and Zoo TV both failed dramatically in regards to ticket sales.

:yes:.... typical Australian arrogance :rolleyes:

Whilst they didn't sell out they were not failures, and didn't draw "poor" crowds - at least no "poorer" than Australia's PopMart figures. Are you willing to disqualify Australia from U2 because PopMart drew "pertty poor crowds"

fullautoreverse said:
cheers neil. shame about no stadiums but at least we get to see them...

i reckon we might even have a setlist shakeup due to missing the elevation tour..

No probs...

I saw U2 in Manchester and London on the Elevation Tour (I was living in England then as that is where I'm from) and they were indoor arena shows. I also saw them indoors twice on the Zoo TV Tour and then twice again on the outside broadcast. In my opinion, I prefer the indoor shows, but I am surprised they are not playing stadiums here seeing that they haven't been over since Popmart. There is likely to be a huge demand for tickets which means there will probably be a lot of disappointed people, although I will not be one of them as I'm sure you won't either!!

As for the setlist, it's something I've been wondering about as to whether they might incorporate one or two more ATYCLB songs into the set. I'm not convinced they will, but you never know....however, as you rightly say, at least we get to see them!

I'm not sure if they are coming or go- going,pogoing or just teasing us. It's making me dizzy. I was just looking at their tour dates for the USA and Europe. My goodness! just reading that made me feel tired. They sure love to work those lads eh? Incredible, phenomenal. May the music tour gods keep 'em safe and after all that bring them to the Southern Hemisphere (after they've spent quality restorative time with their families imho)

They just blow me away they do, year after year. I still think they should retire to Australia and earn their living doing pub gigs

**forever hopeful**
U2 :heart: c'mon guys, put us out of our misery...please, make it official :)

we just finallised our New Year's Eve contract last night. **well pleased** Come on Mr McGuiness sign up sir, you know you want to. Your band will get a roaring reception down here for sure.

:up: for Aussie fans.

Let's hope there will be some Southeasteurigo too.

(maybe some more Asiago apart from Japan, and Afrigo?)

Last edited:
Here's another update. Someone posted in Zootopia that they met Bono Saturday. Here's what they posted:

Spoke to Bono as he was leaving for live 8 this morning. I told him how I had travelled from Australia to see them and that the band has a mass of fans waiting in Australia to see them - he assured me they will be there in either March or April, woohoo!

For the sake of all the fans there, I wish they would just announce the dates already.

April would be very nice thank you **prays**
hey Bono? wanna go to the BluesFestival at Byron? It's a child-friendly event, lotsa great music. You can stay at my ma's place. Better still, bring BB King with you and play there **ideas person**
:)

So what do you know that you won't say to be able to say a very overdue tour is 99.9 % almost reality...?

This is GREAT news. This is the 2nd such comment I've seen today.

Have been on u2.com and in the general section of the forum an Aussie at Live 8 was told by Bono himself that they'll probable be here around march or april (but I count March out due to Commonwealth Games).

Not soon enough - I just want to buy tickets as soon as possible then I'll really know it will be a reality, until then I live in hope.

0ca9605c.jpg

Whats Molly doing? I spy a microphone? Does anyone know what this is from? Has it broadcast yet? Bet its bloody Foxtel. :mad:

bono_man said:

While you may have a point about ZooTV, you couldn't be more wrong about Lovetown. Christchurch Lovetown, while it did not sell out, still drew the largest crowd to ever attend a concert in the city (I think somewhere in the vicinty of 1 in 10 Cantabrians were at that show). Auckland's show sold so well that they had to add a second. Lovetown was a wild success in NZ.

And everyone knows that besides the American South, Australia is home to the most painful accents on earth.

beli said:
0ca9605c.jpg

Whats Molly doing? I spy a microphone? Does anyone know what this is from? Has it broadcast yet? Bet its bloody Foxtel. :mad:

:hmm: I've not seen anything on foxtel, then there was something on Sunday night that I didnt see....

Fox 8 channel on Foxtel showed Live 8 live...this was 9:30 on Sat night - was a good broadcast but you had to put up with Molly before hand...

Palace_Hero said:
It was an awful broadcast, they fucked up the sound (problems I've not seen on the Channel 9 special or the foreign boradcasts I've downloaded).

It was awful.

They also, at some point, stopped showing the Hyde Park bands live. They were at least two acts behind what was actually happening.

beli said:
0ca9605c.jpg

Fox 8 has got a Live 8 Revisited show on Saturday night, which has interviews with the bands etc, and I'm guessing that any interview with U2 will be on there.

neilm said:

Fox 8 has got a Live 8 Revisited show on Saturday night, which has interviews with the bands etc, and I'm guessing that any interview with U2 will be on there.

Oh Nice, Lets hope Molly askes him when the Aussie tour is, and Bono will say early next year.....and we'll be back at square one again :)

btw, i LAUGH at the person who says australians have bad accents. New Zealanders sound slike they have thier nose blocked 24 hours a day. I cannot LISTEN to a new zealanders speak for more then about 2 minutes before my ears feel like their bleeding.... but by FAR the worst accent is South African...*dies* I could not even speak to someone from south africa...i would die from blood loss through the ears...

anyway, a friend of mine asked bono in vienna and he said DEFINATELY they are coming its just that they are having a hard time finalising dates because and i quote
'there to much bloody stuff going on in australia when we want to come'

so thats all ladies and gentlemen....in no time at all bono and gang shall be here and i shall be at a concert making eye contact with him :drool:

Australians need to learn that you talk through your MOUTH, not your NOSE.

dazzlingamy said:
btw, i LAUGH at the person who says australians have bad accents. New Zealanders sound slike they have thier nose blocked 24 hours a day. I cannot LISTEN to a new zealanders speak for more then about 2 minutes before my ears feel like their bleeding.... but by FAR the worst accent is South African...*dies* I could not even speak to someone from south africa...i would die from blood loss through the ears...

anyway, a friend of mine asked bono in vienna and he said DEFINATELY they are coming its just that they are having a hard time finalising dates because and i quote
'there to much bloody stuff going on in australia when we want to come'

A post of two paragraphs.

First of all. Outside of Australia then New Zealand accent is mocked nowhere, the only reason you West Island convicts mock - is because we speak the Queen's perfect English. :drool: :drool: (Dance & Chance anyone?)

Are you really serious about South African accents? There is nothing hotter than a good South African accent (preferably from a women). :drool: Ja bokke maasie es lekker. I'm really puzzled why anyone would hate it.

Your second paragraph is a delight to read however! I'm guessing the "so much stuff" going on is firstly the Australian Open tennis & secondly the Commonwealth Games. These both are in Melbourne...therefore the answer is obvious. Simply do not tour Melbourne & add several more shows in Sydney. :yes:

I say this living in Sydney. :yes:

timothius said:

A post of two paragraphs.

First of all. Outside of Australia then New Zealand accent is mocked nowhere, the only reason you West Island convicts mock - is because we speak the Queen's perfect English. :drool: :drool: (Dance & Chance anyone?)

Are you really serious about South African accents? There is nothing hotter than a good South African accent (preferably from a women). :drool: Ja bokke maasie es lekker. I'm really puzzled why anyone would hate it.

Your second paragraph is a delight to read however! I'm guessing the "so much stuff" going on is firstly the Australian Open tennis & secondly the Commonwealth Games. These both are in Melbourne...therefore the answer is obvious. Simply do not tour Melbourne & add several more shows in Sydney. :yes:

I say this living in Sydney. :yes:

I think the reason the Aussie accent is portrayed the way it is is because of Steve Bluddy Irwin.. haha.. Oh I dont REALLY know..
But thats my guess... any updates on u2 tour?!

Back
Top Bottom