Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 to 2029????

Well, it seems I have a week free in April, 2016. Surely U2 could tour Australia then, couldn't they?

Adam and Bono would be 56 years old then! :lol:

I can't wait for the 2010 We're Not Touring Outside North America and Western Europe Tour.

I have been checking these threads for a while now. Just for the heck of it, i'm going to throw a date in the mix. January 18, 2006 Sydney Superdome. I don't know anything, but they guy who told me thinks he does. I still agree with you guys that it will happen in March.

Does anyone know if we are getting the "All because of you" single and the "Vertigo - live from Chicago" dvd?

18 January 2006 at the Sydney Super Dome is an old rumour. It placed U2 in Sydney on 13, 14, 17, and 18 of January.

Because Coldplay are at a far less money-grabbing part of their career. They've always been very generous to other countries, in Australia alone they have performed on under-watched critically acclaimed musical shows like Max Sessions & Cold Live At The Chapel. They did Splendour which isn't exactly a money bonanza. The only worrying trend is if they drop off NZ... first NZ then Australia... then they are U2.

timothius said:
Because Coldplay are at a far less money-grabbing part of their career. They've always been very generous to other countries, in Australia alone they have performed on under-watched critically acclaimed musical shows like Max Sessions & Cold Live At The Chapel. They did Splendour which isn't exactly a money bonanza. The only worrying trend is if they drop off NZ... first NZ then Australia... then they are U2.

Timmy! Report to your Amnesiac thread... NOW!!! :rant:

:wink:

*taps foot impatiently* Well the 'you'll know by the end of september DEFINATELY' has come and gone and so has four days of october. FFS, just ANNOUNCE SOMETHING one way or the other.

Not knowing is worse then knwoing they're not coming. At least then i can spout anger without hesitation, but i cant atm , as if they do come i'll be turncoating with the bes tof them :wink:

i see U2 are on conan o'brien. do we get that here? i know we get a few of the late night american shows, we get conan? if so, anyone know if they are on here?

sorry to change the thread topic!!

I hope you do, some kind of satellite hookup. Good luck! If not, I am sure there will be copies of it available, and I think Gorman is going to be live streaming it here on Interference. :wink:

bono_man said:
i see U2 are on conan o'brien. do we get that here? i know we get a few of the late night american shows, we get conan? if so, anyone know if they are on here?

sorry to change the thread topic!!

Gorman will be streaming it live and uploading captured audio afterwards so we'll get to listen if nothing else. Full footage will be torrented by someone too.

I'm almost certain the show's on Foxtel, not sure when or how delayed it is, and I think I've seen it delayed on free to air at ridiculous hours too.

For me, all this seems like its dragging on to nothing. I really think if they were coming in March like Axver says, they would have announced it by now. Especially considering the ticket prices and such.

Basically, I think I have lost all faith in them coming, Im sure Im not the only one! I did kinda have some hope a last week but its gone now. Even my petition only has a little over 100 signatures! :(

Now, really, I want someone to reply to this post and reassure me all is okay. Someone with a little bit of inside info or something.

I hate them for it but will still buy the DVD!

bono_man said:
For me, all this seems like its dragging on to nothing. I really think if they were coming in March like Axver says, they would have announced it by now. Especially considering the ticket prices and such.

Why? They didn't announce their US tour until two months beforehand (January announcement, March commencement). I believe Europe was three or four months beforehand (February or March announcement, June commencement). March is still five months away.

I believe on Elevation, their third leg wasn't announced until only a month or two beforehand! I remember people talking about tickets going on sale for the NYC shows the day before the 11th September terrorist attacks.

So I definitely don't think time has run out for a positive announcement.

No, concert announcements in general used to be made far in advance, now they're not at all. Coldplay are an exception to the rule, and I have no idea why they've done that except to suggest that perhaps the promoter is a little under the gun and needed some serious cash flow quickly. Generally, a couple of months is normal for a ticket announcement, but with it being U2 I'd expect to know a little earlier than that. Once it's a done deal the cat won't stay in the bag for more than a day. And that's the thing, it's not actually a done deal. However, I'll plug for the latest early next week.... :wink:

I think the only reason coldplay announced their tour so soon is because they went on Rove and said that they were coming and they couldn't really get out of it after being on Australian TV. U2 hasnt done any Australian TV interviews probably for that reason

DignityPassesBy said:
I think the only reason coldplay announced their tour so soon is because they went on Rove and said that they were coming and they couldn't really get out of it after being on Australian TV. U2 hasnt done any Australian TV interviews probably for that reason

Bono. Molly Meldrum. Live8. Fox8. :sigh:

timothius said:

Bono. Molly Meldrum. Live8. Fox8. :sigh:

Molly Meldrum has been giving the exact same interview over and over again for 25 years. I don't think I'd even bother tuning in to Bono/Meldrum. I can guess the questions, and I know the answers.

Earnie Shavers said:

Molly Meldrum has been giving the exact same interview over and over again for 25 years. I don't think I'd even bother tuning in to Bono/Meldrum. I can guess the questions, and I know the answers.

Don't get me wrong, Meldrum has the interviewing capacity of a hand puppet... but Bono did give fairly strong indication that he would "see us down here".

Just back to "U2 on Conan" for a moment. Max has posted on the homepage that U2 will be on (Friday the 7th) tomorrow night @ 11:30 on the comedy channel. Maybe he might be the man to ask Larry what are the bands plans for 2006???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom