Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate March and I can't believe it's coming here. Can it just be cancelled? :hope:

beli said:
I've just discovered I need another 15th November 2005. Does anyone have one to swap please?

That's a friend of mines birthday, and he's turning 30, which to him equals the single worst day of his life. I'm sure he'll happily give it to you. Wait.... doesn't the time difference with Perth stuff that up? Is 2005 THIS year or NEXT year for you?

timothius said:

Only if you can give me two December 25's. :hyper:

Gladly. My brother in law will provide the crayfish. Please cook them thermadore style. We also need 2 salads, vegies, a light dessert. My sister will cook the turkey as per usual. Please also clean the house before and after. Thanks :up:

Earnie Shavers said:

That's a friend of mines birthday, and he's turning 30, which to him equals the single worst day of his life. I'm sure he'll happily give it to you. Wait.... doesn't the time difference with Perth stuff that up? Is 2005 THIS year or NEXT year for you?

2005 is precisely 52 years from now. :wink:

You friend can spend his birthday queueueueing up at the childrens hospital with my baby if he'd prefer. Being vomitted on by multiple ill children will sort out his priorities pretty quickly. Childrens vomit? or 30th birthday party? :hmm:

Axver said:
I hate March and I can't believe it's coming here. Can it just be cancelled? :hope:

No no no no NO! You can't cancel March! I need March...well, actually, right now I only need March 15, but damn it, don't even think about cancelling March 15! :madspit: :grumpy:

indra said:

No no no no NO! You can't cancel March! I need March...well, actually, right now I only need March 15, but damn it, don't even think about cancelling March 15! :madspit: :grumpy:

Fine, have it your way. :grumpy:

But there damn well better not be a March 31st! :rant:

thatsnotmypuppy said:
I just got home from work, and a "major announcement" is imminent in the next week. I am hoping it's not just the bloody Rolling Stones...

Any word on this? Its now Friday at the end of the week and no major annoucement has been made. :(

Anything on this Puppy?

Just back onto the task at hand...

Stadiums in March in New Zealand (particualrly WestpacTrust Stadium in Wellington). Looking through there is a suspicious gap in home games for Wellington between Week 3's game against the Cats on Febuary 24 & Week 7's game against the Sharks on March 24.

Traditionally WestpacTrust has been very protective of the ground during Rugby season (cricket has to play at the Basin Reserve for any games after January) but with a month gap they may be planning to slide an event of two during the month break.

Now before we get too excited a "concert-like" WWE event has been announced for 4 March, which will no doubt fuck up the turf (ala the Telstra Dome in 2002), however it is a positive sign that the WestpacTrust Trust are willing to let these events take place in rugby season, somthing I would never have dreamed of.

Now with the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne it looks as though the NRL will be putting it's season start back to April - however the SFS is far from free with the Warratahs playing Round 4 vs Sharks (March 4), Round 5 vs Cats (March 10) & Round 7 vs Blues (March 24). So there is a one weekend gap there. I would have thought the more likely option would be the Sydney Cricket Ground which is vacant from 19 February until the 9th of April for the Swans first home game vs Port Adeladie (unless NSW host the Pura Milk Cup Final).

So if it is stadiums in March then it will be early in the month and clash with the Commonwealth Games... which is the rumour we have been hearing all along. :shrug:

adelaide adelaide adelaide......................... adelaide...

or anything at all.

sorry. drunk. which seems to be the only time i post on here lol.

i can't believe that makes sense.

adelaide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sokki said:
adelaide adelaide adelaide......................... adelaide...

or anything at all.

sorry. drunk. which seems to be the only time i post on here lol.

i can't believe that makes sense.

adelaide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sokki!

I am (unusually) rather sober....
Lets hear it for Adelaide..............

(here comes that tumbleweed again..........)

i did see a U2 cover band in Adelaide last night, they played a rather stunning version of Stuck in a moment.....

not quiet the same though is it?.....

:ohmy:

Looks like one of the big announcements is that David Hasselhoff is bringing his interactive live 'spectacular' here - and the Broadway musicals 'Wicked' and 'Hairspray' are coming. So... no news quite yet...

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Looks like one of the big announcements is that David Hasselhoff is bringing his interactive live 'spectacular' here - and the Broadway musicals 'Wicked' and 'Hairspray' are coming. So... no news quite yet...

:love:

But what a spectacular. Anyway it was a nice little detour.

Garden%20path%20with%20rhodos.jpg

Kidding. :wink:

reptile said:

Go Sokki!

I am (unusually) rather sober....
Lets hear it for Adelaide..............

(here comes that tumbleweed again..........)

i did see a U2 cover band in Adelaide last night, they played a rather stunning version of Stuck in a moment.....

not quiet the same though is it?.....

:ohmy:
And this is the best Adelaide comes up with for a Sat night's entertainment? :madspit: And you don't tell me!!!!!! :mad: :scream: :angry:

:lol:

There is no surprise that Christchurch & Adeladie are sister cities as they are both unusually quiet, quaint and frankly a little boring. They do have a nice streak of culture to go with them - but with that comes a complete inability to compete in sport. :wink:

It wasn't a footy day. I seriously do have a pic of me standing in the middle of a main road. It was from about 1995ish ie back when Adelaide shops used to close at noon.

Am i the only one who sees the connection between Reptile talking about the tribute band in Adelaide playing Stuck in a Moment and the discussion about standing in the middle of a road in Adelaide?

The video to stuck in a moment ... not the US one, the other one where Bono's standing in the middle of the road....

I'm just going to shut up now.....

There's nothing to do and nowhere to go. Unless they just drive around the block for giggles, I don't see why that many people from Adelaide would have much use for a car outside of getting to/from work (which surely you could walk to from any other point in Adelaide anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom