Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all these accusations of Adelaide sucking are true. Adelaide sucks, this is coming from someone whos lived there 19 years and counting. If u walk down the most busiest street (Rundle Street) at 2am saturday night (when things should be PUMPING), the street is absolutely dead, only like one or two drunk teens. And what more, the only good nightclub (Heaven) closed down, so there is officially nothing to do for anyone looking for a good time *sigh*. I'm glad im going to perth on thursday :D

And im sure U2 would realize adelaide sucks and not come here for their tour, however coldplay doesnt realize this and are coming to Adelaide! FOOLS!!!!!

yes, there is nothing to do in adelaide. i wake up about an hour and a half before work... shower, all that stuff.... go to work... i work at a pub so i drink after work.... come home.... go on the computer.... keep drinking.... go to bed.... wake up and do the same thing again. there is no point in going anywhere!!!!

but still, i think U2 should come here. at least just for one show. as if it wouldn't sell out????? maybe i'm not seeing the bigger picture here. there's no way it wouldn't sell out.... is there?

by the way, at work they have barred me from playing U2 on the jukebox in the saloon bar so i have until 10 at night when the front bar shuts to play whatever i want.... which is ridiculous seeing i usually finish AFTER 10.

one time one of the women from the bar came and pulled the plug out because i put on U2 and said i was drunk and wouldn't give me a refund.

lolololol. funny. she got fired anyway (other reasons).

AussieU2fanman said:
I'm glad im going to perth on thursday :D

Don't get too excited about Perth on a Thursday will you :uhoh: Which part of Perth are you visiting?

Perth is more lively than Adelaide. (I believe Adelaide suffers because it's so close to Melbourne the interesting people leave. They're pretty much trapped in Perth).

But Melbourne has the best night life. Sydney is pretty good too but I love eating my way along Lygon Street in Melbourne. :drool:

Earnie Shavers said:
I adore Perth.

You do? The weathers pretty good and the air is cleanish but Perth is culturally a little sluggish. It probably doesn't help that I live up the coast, ie no where near the city heart. :sigh:

I do actually like Sydney, despite what I said about the accents.

I'm not jumping up and down in indignation about slurs on my fine city of Adelaide :ohmy: but I will heartily laugh about the comment that Heaven nightclub being the best club in Adelaide! Sure if you like going to a club which is full of AFL footballers, brawls, guns firing outside and worst of all, girls in white stillettos!

:lol:
:laugh:

timothius said:
There is no surprise that Christchurch & Adeladie are sister cities as they are both unusually quiet, quaint and frankly a little boring. They do have a nice streak of culture to go with them - but with that comes a complete inability to compete in sport. :wink:

That would explain why Adelaide United are top of the premier league.

Adelaide is a beautiful city with clean air plenty of music sports and culture (and pubs).

I recently spent a year o/s (mainly Liverpool/London/Dublin) i love those towns but quality of life in lil' old Adelaide beats 'em all.

:yes:

He peeps,

Just to get you off bagging my town for a bit, here is an email I got from a fan who flew to see them in New York.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Sken ,

I was drinking with some of the road crew in ny last week and its 90%
confirmed u2 are coming in march . Michael coppel was in ny to discuss the
tour dates etc with p mcg .
Hopefully something will be officially announced soon....

cheers , j

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesnt mean much, but at least there is some hope, and yes U2 should come to Adelaide.

Sken said:
He peeps,

Just to get you off bagging my town for a bit, here is an email I got from a fan who flew to see them in New York.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Sken ,

I was drinking with some of the road crew in ny last week and its 90%
confirmed u2 are coming in march . Michael coppel was in ny to discuss the
tour dates etc with p mcg .
Hopefully something will be officially announced soon....

cheers , j

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesnt mean much, but at least there is some hope, and yes U2 should come to Adelaide.

:bow: Sken. Sken is a great dude, so I believe what he is saying. Adeladie deserves a show for him giving us this info. :)

Excitement rises & my call of a second week of November announcment is all of a sudden looking a lot better. :hyper:

Awesome! :up:

That lifts my spirits even with the death of my DSL modem!

sounds interesting.

earnie and puppy, can you guys do some investigating into this? :)

im not gonna get excited this time round!!

The single comes out on the 7th here i think aswell so maybe in the next week or so we'll get an announcment with the amount of U2 stuff that will be around ... All Because Of You get released the same day as INXS's new song pretty vegas lol i wonder which will do better ... pretty vegas, its even a shit name for a song

DignityPassesBy said:
The single comes out on the 7th here i think aswell so maybe in the next week or so we'll get an announcment with the amount of U2 stuff that will be around ... All Because Of You get released the same day as INXS's new song pretty vegas lol i wonder which will do better ... pretty vegas, its even a shit name for a song

$20 says INXS will chart higher. :sad:

bono_man2002 said:

Yep, cause they are..."TV Manufactured".....or in this case "Semi-TV Manufactured"

The thing is, Pretty Vegas was actually written by the guy who won the competition and is now the singer of INXS. If you heard the stuff INXS have written for the new album, and they played at least three new tracks during Rockstar INXS, they were complete and utter shite.

I'd go as far to say that Pretty Vegas will be a reasonable success because it is a very commercial and catchy tune. Also, it is the first major brand new INXS material release since Michael Hutchence died, so curiosity may get to a lot of people and convince them to fork out their money for both the single and then album.

I'm sorry - but 'Pretty Vegas's lyrics were done by JD - the actual music was the lyricless INXS song that the two groups did lyrics to - remember Ty's 'Up Down' crap or was it 'Stop Go!'.... I cant/dont want to remember.

So JD did the lyrics because he stepped away from his team and wanted to do his own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom