Auckland GA----consensus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So, what are people's thoughts with regards to getting in the GA line early for Auckland? Saw a GA show in the US and had to get there at 6:30 to get the rail. But I'm reading about Sydney & people seemed to be getting there at 10am & later and still getting great spots.

What time is everyone getting to Auckland for GA?

Is anyone going to these shows besides me, Axver & a handful of other people?? :wink:

I think I'm gonna get there at about 9-10am, just to make sure of a good spot! I don't know if there's a rule about not queuing up before 9am like there was in some other stadiums tho. I don't want to contend with people lining up overnight and such :/

I'm gonna be there about 9-10am too, I don't think we'll be allowed to line up on the actual premises of Mt Smart Stadium till it opens at 9am :hmm:.

I'm heading over too... In Bris & Syd I got Edge B stage rail getting into line 1pm & 11am respectively.

I'm now keen for an Adam B stage experience so thinking a 10am start. Depending how shattered I am after 3 weeks following this tour schedule which I can only hope is easier with 5 star accomm and your own "people" :) Cos if the boys feel anywhere near as knackered as me they're gonna botch more than dusted off 80's stuff :lol:

I'll be in Auckland for both shows with my wife. We've got GAs both nights, but I don't want to be upfront anyway. I like to be back on the field a ways so that I can take in the whole show. Plus, my wife hates getting pushed in crowds. So, we won't be lining up until late afternoon sometime.
I do want to go to the stadium early so I can hear the soundcheck though. Anyone know how early U2 is arriving NZ? With the space between dates, I assume they might rehearse on the 23rd, too.

Mark

kiwi down under said:
Welcome to New Zealand Mark and your Wife. Trust you will enjoy your time in our country.

WOW! Thank you! But we're far from newbies. Thanks to One Tree Hill from U2 and some other friends, we've been obsessed with NZ for years. This will be our 4th visit. Unfortunately, it's only for the concert weekend, but we did visit back in March when the shows were originally scheduled.
Our family is starting to understand our obsession, we bring back plenty of wine each time, so they get a sense of ONE of the reasons we love the country.

WOOHOO! for U2 and WOOHOO! for NZ wines.

Mark

Saw a GA show in the US and had to get there at 6:30 to get the rail. But I'm reading about Sydney & people seemed to be getting there at 10am & later and still getting great spots.

I'm thinking this is because the US mainland shows were smaller arenas. Fewer people on the rail, so you had to get in line earlier to be closer.

Although frankly, I showed up to both Glendale, Arizona shows after 3pm and got on the rail on the right side of the ellipse.

Back
Top Bottom