anyone looking forward to cardiff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know WHERE the queue will be? My tickets are Gate 6 - apparently that's entrance via the Millennium Plaza...hmmm.

Also the Park and Ride apaprently doesn't open til 10am and I want to get there in the small little hours of the 29th, like 5 or 6am.

Any suggestions?

i'm going. i'm also on seating but i'm in the nose bleeds, i have a funny feeling i'm not gonna be able to see the screen maybe just paranoia on my part

meeee. but i wont be there lol

in a weaird way i look forward to every U2 concert, just knowing there on tour again makes me happy :)

This should be a special show for a number of reasons:

1. They haven't played Wales since 1993.
2. It's Edge's homeland - during the 87 and 93 concerts Bono referenced this alot (infact in 87 Edge sliced a rugby ball into the crowd!) and you could see it was special occasion for Edge.
3. in 93 Bono said from the stage that alot of their freinds and families were in the crowd, (probably because it's near Dublin but not as chaotic as a Dublin show). Also Edge's family from Wales.
4. The crowd will be wild. Events like this don't happen as frequently in Cardiff as, say, London so there will be a carnival atmosphere (I hope!).
5. New Stadium. Closed Roof = great and loud accoustics (both band and crowd) and no external light so they can do what they like with the production. I met Edge last year and he said he'd love to play this stadium. It's the best in Europe.
6. Between their homecoming gigs and Live8, U2 should be firing on all cylinders tomorrow night!
7. Can't think of anything else :) have a great concert !!! and I hope you enjoy your visit to Wales!!!
8. Oh and the support bands are outstanding!!

Jim said:
This should be a special show for a number of reasons:

1. They haven't played Wales since 1993.
2. It's Edge's homeland - during the 87 and 93 concerts Bono referenced this alot (infact in 87 Edge sliced a rugby ball into the crowd!) and you could see it was special occasion for Edge.
3. in 93 Bono said from the stage that alot of their freinds and families were in the crowd, (probably because it's near Dublin but not as chaotic as a Dublin show). Also Edge's family from Wales.
4. The crowd will be wild. Events like this don't happen as frequently in Cardiff as, say, London so there will be a carnival atmosphere (I hope!).
5. New Stadium. Closed Roof = great and loud accoustics (both band and crowd) and no external light so they can do what they like with the production. I met Edge last year and he said he'd love to play this stadium. It's the best in Europe.
6. Between their homecoming gigs and Live8, U2 should be firing on all cylinders tomorrow night!
7. Can't think of anything else :) have a great concert !!! and I hope you enjoy your visit to Wales!!!
8. Oh and the support bands are outstanding!!

Cheers Jim - tho I must just say, I agree with Points 1-7, tho Point 8....:shame:

:wink:

On a different note, does anyone know if there are any rules regarding cameras in the venue? I dont wanna get there and suddenly have my camera taken off me....anyone know if they are strict there with that?

Starsailor, thats not bad. I was sort of hoping for the Bravery and The Killers, as there has been a bit of banter about the Bravery being a Killers rip off, so it would be interesting to hear them both on the same day

Ok i'm listening to Starsailor's 'Love is Here' album. And I really like Poor Misguided Fool. I think I remember that coming out as a single?

Anyway, I won't mind seeing them now!:wink:

As long as they play that song of course!:ohmy:

Just thought I'd get in and say I hope you peeps going to Cardiff have an unbelievable night. I wish I was there with you guys.

Cardiff is gonna go off!

Yes! Your moment is finally here, Aardy!
Have fun and dont bother putting any socks on, cuz you'll rock them off anyway and THEN WHAT????

:rockon:

I happened to be walking past the Millennium Stadium today - no sign of any activity (no lorries etc, but then again they wouldn't be visible from where I was) and no fans yet, which is just as well given the weather at the moment.

However, nearly every shop I went into was playing either U2 or The Killers. I get the feeling Cardiff is going to be up for it big time tomorrow!

eeep! The Killers too!

Thats just like being approached by a beautiful woman (The Killers) and then her pulling out a Liverpool FC season ticket (U2), it's like a double bonus :wink:

Back
Top Bottom