Any rumors about African concert(s)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm just curious if anyone has heard or read anything about possible concert(s) in Africa? :help:

Thanks in advance! :up:

Doesn't look likely. The tour heads to Mexico after New Years then South America, Aust/NZ and then Japan. Unless the Japanese shows are late April, there is no room for a South African trip. Also if they were going to South Africa from or beofre Australia, Perth would get a gig as they are the entry point for nearly all transport between Aust and SA.

It looks like a no go.

At least they get Robbie Williams! :drool:

With all the work that Bono has done with "Make poverty history" and "data" you would think that they would include Africa on this tour. I reckon it should be a priority. They placed South Africa in 98 with PopMart. Surely they could squeeze in Cape Town and Johanessburg.

Am I the only one here hoping for show(s) in Africa? :huh:

Well, I got the Hawaii pre-sale e-mail the other day:

This presale is for tickets to the Honolulu show only. If you don't use
your code this week, you will be able to use it for later shows. Details
on further presales will be sent out as soon as shows are finalized.

Later shows...? What could that be...? :hmm:

Merc said:
Am I the only one here hoping for show(s) in Africa? :huh:

Well, I got the Hawaii pre-sale e-mail the other day:

Later shows...? What could that be...? :hmm:

The later shows are Yokohama (just announced) and Sao Paulo, yet to be announced. There is also reportedly a possibility of a third show in Buenos Aires or a show in Rio De Janeiro.

Unfortunately, Africa is not going to happen. Paul McGuinness has gone on record as saying the Vertigo tour will end in Honolulu and there has not been any mention of Africa occuring between Argentina and New Zealand.

Halup said:

The later shows are Yokohama (just announced) and Sao Paulo, yet to be announced. There is also reportedly a possibility of a third show in Buenos Aires or a show in Rio De Janeiro.

Unfortunately, Africa is not going to happen. Paul McGuinness has gone on record as saying the Vertigo tour will end in Honolulu and there has not been any mention of Africa occuring between Argentina and New Zealand.

Yeah, I've figured that out too...

Oh well, it could have been fun! :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom