Another Cardiff question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fluffy123

The Fly
I have a train thats leaving Cardiff central at 4am on thursday morning. I was planning to find somewhere to get some food, drink whatever to waste some time after the concert before the train.

Is this anywhere nearby that'll be open for this time?

Plus, is cardiff central open all night? if not, what time does it open as my train is due to depart at around half 4 in the morning.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure what time the station closes, but if it is closed and not manned I wouldn't suggest you hang around there and the general coach station area. Also avoid the area opposite the stadium and on the other side of the river (it's called Riverside). Everything in the other direction is the city centre - which is 2 mins from the stadium and station is OK. It will be busy around there until the early hours. The brewery quarter is a new area in the city with bars, restaurants, fast food etc and is partly covered over (incase it's raining) which would probably be good to hang around in.

I'll bear it in mind, thanks :)

Cant seem to find an opening/closing time for the station at all though....weird. I have this vision of being stuck behind a closed entrance to the station and seein my train wonder off at half 4 without me! haha

fluffy123 said:
I'll bear it in mind, thanks :)

Cant seem to find an opening/closing time for the station at all though....weird. I have this vision of being stuck behind a closed entrance to the station and seein my train wonder off at half 4 without me! haha

Ive been searching for station closing time as well and cant find anything online. :huh:

haha I go on that site all the time to check train times, how could I have not found that page!!

Thanks a lot for the info :up:

I think it's open all night - if not them I'm sure the main foyer area will be accessible if not the platforms. No doubt there'll be plenty ofpeople there in the same position.

I don't frequent Cardiff too much by night apart from concerts, but there are many bars/clubs there, some of which will be open until late. Perhaps the best bet is to find a restaurant that opens until late (should be loads - try the Brewery Quarter off St Mary's St) and book a table for 1130 or whatever, then you can take your time with food and a few cold ones.

Back
Top Bottom