Aloha Stadium Parking/GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
I've been following this thread over at the Zootopia board this morning..

http://zootopiahawaii.proboards91.c...nning&action=display&thread=1156388533&page=2

It was announced on the radio this morning that the Aloha Stadium parking lot is being closed at midnight tonight and won't reopen til 4pm Saturday! No tailgating allowed. Fans are lined up already outside the stadium grounds underneath the freeway. This sounds like a nightmare in the making if you ask me. I wasn't planning on arriving til early in the morning Saturday, carpooling with others. But where are we to park once we get there? Is there adequate parking outside the stadium grounds? It's nuts to expect anyone driving to the show to show up no earlier than 4pm with traffic being so bad in Honolulu, especially with the opening bands starting at 6:30pm.

I just read about this and I'm shocked that they're that stupid!!

We're still getting there at 4-5am and I'm sure hoards of other people will already be there and will be showing up around that time too. The stadium may just have to open a lot for us. What do they expect people to do?

This is going to be so, soooo awful.

As of 9pm there were already around 400 in line at the stadium, so I'm thinking of heading out there extra early too. They better have the stadium lots still open. The area around the stadium isn't one of the better neighborhoods. To force fans to drive out into those neighborhoods in the dark looking for parking is idiotic.

If the stadium lots are closed down in the morning, I found a list of alternative parking sites for Aloha Stadium used for football games.

Radford High School - 4361 Salt Lake Blvd.
This one looks to be closest to the stadium within walking distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...366968,-157.923188&spn=0.015347,0.045576&om=1

Leeward Community College - 96-045 Ala Ike
A few miles west of Aloha stadium in Pearl City. They offer shuttle service to and from the college and Aloha Stadium, but only starting in the afternoon.

old Kamehameha Drive-In - over by the Pearlridge Center west of the stadium, across from Pearl Ridge Community Park (see Google map link above).

U2ITNOL said:
If the stadium lots are closed down in the morning, I found a list of alternative parking sites for Aloha Stadium used for football games.

Radford High School - 4361 Salt Lake Blvd.
This one looks to be closest to the stadium within walking distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...366968,-157.923188&spn=0.015347,0.045576&om=1

Leeward Community College - 96-045 Ala Ike
A few miles west of Aloha stadium in Pearl City. They offer shuttle service to and from the college and Aloha Stadium, but only starting in the afternoon.

old Kamehameha Drive-In - over by the Pearlridge Center west of the stadium, across from Pearl Ridge Community Park (see Google map link above).

Wow! Thanks for that info.
Traffic already sucked yesterday getting to Waikiki. I can't believe that there won't be some parking available around there. I'm sure they are just trying to make parking available to those that have seats in the stands, but this is a little crazy.
The town is absolutely nuts between the marathoners and U2 fans. Anyone else almost get knocked down by a runner along Waikiki? Crazy busy!

Mark

Good luck with parking around here.

One big hint on parking outside of the stadium: Aiea Elementary School. Park there and just walk over the bridge that leads you through the north side of the stadium parking area. I'm sure it'll be filled up by the time I get there (I'm not a Pearl Jam fan so I'm going later.) Aiea Elementary is closer to the stadium than Radford High.

I, myself, will probably park near one of the restaurants that stay open late at Pearlridge. Then I'll walk or bus that short section to the stadium. I'm sure walking back to the car will be much faster than trying to get out of the parking lot. I'll have worked up an appetite to have a late dinner at Chili's or Bandito's.

U2ITNOL said:
As of 9pm there were already around 400 in line at the stadium

So it's after the fact now. But not only was the GA parking lot for campers open all night (I had a friend leave to go to work and return around 4am), there were closer to 700 or so by 9pm. A relatively steady trickle of a couple more people very 15-20 minutes from my estimate. I arrived at 7pm and my hand has 513 still faintly visible on it.

Back
Top Bottom