ALL Tour Dates and Openers for Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know when they will be coming to AUSTRALIA??? and if so, where will they be touring??? Any information would be excellent!!! Thank you.

Desperate aussie U2 Fan

Oddl;y there is a some type of show by the band being promoted on April 4. Just by a couple of ticket agencies back @ Anaheim Arrowhead Pond for 1p.

Anyone know what that is all about???

I think it was one of them messing up on entry for another show and now the others have pointed to this same inventory.

Curious.

Please someone help! The last tour, they came to Houston and I did not get a ticket - I thought when it said "sold out", it was sold out! Hah! I know differently now! Anyway, all of the sudden they were scheduled to come to Austin on November 5th and I got tickets to that show. Was that show their 2nd American leg or a third leg of the whole tour or what? I'm trying to figure out if there is any chance they will come to Austin. Can someone PLEASE help me?

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum so sorry if I'm irrelevant. Something is bugging me: on u2.com, it says that the 2nd show in Montreal is on Sunday November 27th but it's really on the 28th..at least that's what my Ticket says...:eyebrow: So, if someone is a subscriber to u2.com, is it possible to tell them the correct date because I can't reach them as a non-subscriber and it's really bugging me for some reason. I will believe what my ticket says but what if the Lads get the wrong date and show up and there's nobody there or something... :huh:
Anyway...
Thanks people,
Las

Is the 3rd croke park show missing from the list at the top of this thread?

Mods, do you think we could have an edited list of all the shows concerts that shows the added shows as well? The one on the first page is not up to date.

Thanks!

I dunno about two opening acts on the N. American leg...likely The Thrills got shuffled off those first eight dates, hence why they pulled those dates off their website (notice Keane, Arcade Fire and Dashboard Confessional didn't have to pull their announcements off). Most venues have an 11PM witching hour, and with a 7:30 start time and a much later "doors open" time than Europe, if they had two openers then either U2 would go WAY past curfew or each opener does only 20 mins.

ruffian said:
Mods, do you think we could have an edited list of all the shows concerts that shows the added shows as well? The one on the first page is not up to date.

Thanks!

No probs!

I thought everything was update to date tho - can you advise on which shows are missing? Thanks! :)

Please add the second Las Vegas show and the Charlotte show, and the "2nd leg" should be called "3rd leg."

thanks! :wave:

Albany?

Any chance of still getting an Albany, NY date? Possibly between the Montreal (11/28) and Boston (12/4) shows? There are several days inbetween those dates and Albany is pretty much half way point between the two cities.

Re:

I heard a rumour that U2 will be returning to the states later in 2006 to play some of the major U.S. cities again. Also, that there will be no presale for these tickets on U2.com and that the Vertigo tour will be the last U2 tour. Is this true?

Re: Re:

Stargazer 2001 said:
I heard a rumour that U2 will be returning to the states later in 2006 to play some of the major U.S. cities again.

Apparently U2 have placed holds on dates at US stadiums in case they wish to continue touring after April instead of returning to the studio. The latest I've heard - though I imagine others know much more and in more depth than I do - is that U2 are unlikely to use these dates and that the tour will end in April.

that the Vertigo tour will be the last U2 tour. Is this true? [/B]

Utter bollocks. Depending upon who you listen to, every tour going back to the Joshua Tree was U2's last tour. At the moment, the band are talking seriously about new material for a new album, so there's still a future ahead of the band.

To add on the rumours list:
A third date in Buenos Aires. Local organiser Daniel Grinbank has confirmed that there will be conversations with U2 management as from Jan 9th (after the seasonal holiday) for a Buenos Aires 3rd date. He's stated that there are good chances to get this date since the South American leg ends in Buenos Aires and there is a two week gap between Buenos Aires' last confirmed date (March 2nd) and the first Australia/New Zealand area date.

I kind of like all these fake-pissed off fans. Just shows that U2 fans are really some of the most annoying fans I have ever met at points.

Hell, they only released a greatest hits double album, 3 DVD's, 2 singles (Hands that built America, Electrical Storm) AND perhaps one of the greatest albums of their career in HTDAAB in the 3 years 4 months since they got off the road. Then they are going to play 60 dates in the US in air conditioned, comfy seat, arenas. Their cheapest ticket is $49 bucks. Everybody knows they will hit up the southeast and Canada on the third leg.

Yet people still bitch. What more do you want from them? Want them to buy you breakfast and console you over the fact that they aren't playing your backyard?

Goddamn, I love this band but sometimes the fans make me want throw the #*$@ up.

Try living a state where U2 has NEVER COME. IN 25 years...NEVER ONCE, and the nearest city is 6 hours. My wife and I have still managed to see them over 40 times. And almost never got tickets that we wanted at onsales. Deal with it.

Life is an adventure. It is more fun to see them in a different city anyway.

You've got a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery big point
It's something i think every fan finds really annoying
And it's getting worse every single year
U2 doesn't deserve this!

You do have a point there len! Even though at times I may feel upset that they never come to RI I figure that "a) We're the smallest F'n state and our arena is too small, and b) Boston is only 2 hours away....." -So apart from my love for the band that gives me reason not to complain....

cmb737 said:
I kind of like all these fake-pissed off fans. Just shows that U2 fans are really some of the most annoying fans I have ever met at points.

Hell, they only released a greatest hits double album, 3 DVD's, 2 singles (Hands that built America, Electrical Storm) AND perhaps one of the greatest albums of their career in HTDAAB in the 3 years 4 months since they got off the road. Then they are going to play 60 dates in the US in air conditioned, comfy seat, arenas. Their cheapest ticket is $49 bucks. Everybody knows they will hit up the southeast and Canada on the third leg.

Yet people still bitch. What more do you want from them? Want them to buy you breakfast and console you over the fact that they aren't playing your backyard?

Goddamn, I love this band but sometimes the fans make me want throw the #*$@ up.

Try living a state where U2 has NEVER COME. IN 25 years...NEVER ONCE, and the nearest city is 6 hours. My wife and I have still managed to see them over 40 times. And almost never got tickets that we wanted at onsales. Deal with it.

Life is an adventure. It is more fun to see them in a different city anyway.
Haha months late here, but this is the best thing i've read all day.

I copied this from another thread as it is easier than wading through that thread to find the dates, and all new threads posting the dates in the opening post keep getting closed :)

It's official! At last we can confirm the rescheduled Vertigo//2006 shows. U2 will hit the road again in November. Starting in Brisbane on November 7th , U2 will play further dates in Australia, New Zealand and Japan before finishing in Hawaii on December 9.

Kanye West will join the band in Australia and New Zealand while Special Guests, Pearl Jam will join Rocco and the Devils for December 9 in Honolulu.

These show dates are rescheduled following the postponement of Vertigo//2006 earlier in the year. For full ticket information in your area please see below.

“We are very happy to announce the rescheduling and appreciate everyone’s patience.” said Arthur Fogel, of TNA.

The Vertigo Tour opened in San Diego in March 2005, is set for a grand finish in Hawaii with the addition of Pearl Jam.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill, a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

The new show dates are as follows:

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 17th/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 24/06

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, March 18th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 25/06

Brisbane - QSAC Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 21st/06 - (New Date) Tuesday, November 7/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Friday, March 24th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 18/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Saturday, March 25th/06 - (New Date) Sunday, November 19/06

Adelaide - AAMI Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 28th/06 - (New Date) Thursday, November 16/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 31st/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 10/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 1st/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 11/06

Honolulu - Aloha Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 8/06 - (New Date) Saturday, December 9/06

In Tokyo, 3 New Show Dates have been confirmed

Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Wednesday, November 29th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Thursday, November 30th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Monday, December 4th/06

HelloAngel, could we add the Australian/NZ/Japan/Hawaii tour dates to the list on the first page? It would be easier to find that way.

Thanks! :wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom